• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
For the first time in over a decade, a new original Megaman X design brought to life based off former lore! Designed by new Megaman X series art messiah Keisuke Mizuno (responsible for all the X collection art, also illustrations for latter battle networks). A lot of the character art you see folks pulling today are his X DiVE versions. Like I see folks using his Bass.EXE all the time now.

Iris -Another- answers the long old question of what if the Repliforce actually succeeded with combining the high fighting/peace loving programs and not have to separate them?
FB_IMG_1619054960055.jpg

Also a little cute thing made with the new Rockman X DiVE LINE stamps based off the X3 OP, because the 90s ops just hit different:

That said, we are now finally in whatif territory in Rockman X DiVE, the sky is now the limit. Needless to say the Megaman community is in a roar about this new design. One fun comment is Megaman X meets Utena. Haha. A fab design tho, in over a damn decade.

Last edited:

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
she looks cooler than zero ingame, thats a good oportunity to revive her and a spin off game, do it capcom.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I mostly like the design but find the shoulders a bit corny. Still, better than what I would have drawn haha

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Honestly I can't express how much I love this because it's the opposite of battle network where colonel is the original and iris was made from him. Colonel being made from iris makes so much more sense

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda prefer her Xtreme 2 design, just because she looks friendlier and I prefer that rounded, more cartoon look in Mega Man, but a fighting Iris is a cool idea.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was expecting a lot worse TBH haha

I kinda like the personality shift. She was adorable before, but looks badass here. Love how it integrates Zero's look

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Cool idea. The Mega Man series needs more women fighters. The ZX series was finally pushing for it, and then the series died.

I would not be against Iris getting revived with this design in a X9.

OP
OP
kyorii

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
A little update. They did a little behind the scenes (They tend to do this for every char release) and unveiled some prior concept art. Seems like she was gonna even be more like Colonel, but they decided to keep her top. You can see the explanation in this video:

Concept art:
irisanothersconcept.PNG

irisanotherconcept2.PNG

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Imo, she would've looked far better in a hat and/or with the black button-down look in the third concept piece.

But that's me!

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Man this is really cool and interesting to just be put in a mobile game. They really should make this a concept that is explored in a future game. Fingers crossed.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That is absolutely fantastic, I love her redesign.

Now put her and a Ver Ka X/Zero in X9 and I'd be in heaven.