• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

In this follow-up to the original BRAVELY DEFAULT, four new Heroes of Light embark on a grand and glorious mission guided by the elemental crystals. Like the first game, BRAVELY DEFAULT II features a battle system that emphasizes strategy, with players deciding when to attack (Brave) or hold back and wait for the right moment to strike (Default). With beautiful places to explore and new jobs to acquire, some of which can even be combined, BRAVELY DEFAULT II is another epic RPG in the Nintendo Switch library. A free demo is available today!

GSneQjv.png

u9MDzaS.png

7YZOu9F.png
vKw2xgA.png
HF9gZfq.png

gTXFS37.png

Last edited:

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
JP site says there'll be demo survey at the end of this month. Presumably they'll do English survey as well via email or so.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
*looks at gameplay*
Yup, that's bravely default alright.

Downloading the demo now, should be fun.
*edit - the icon is sooooo dope.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, demo out. I love the look of the environment. Less thrilled about how the characters look.

squall211

Jan 24, 2018
I really want to force myself to get through Bravely Second before this comes out, but man, the MC in that game is so insufferable. I don't know if I can do it.

Oct 25, 2017
Woof at that voice acting.

happy to give the demo a try. I liked the original until it started to feel way too grindy I remember.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good enough to me - characters could look better but also overall better than after their first unveiling. Bosses and characters in their Job outfits look dope though.

Excited just based on the battle system.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The VA does not fit the character models at all (Elvis especially), and I'm usually a fan of the style.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Yeaaaah demo today!
Shame Yoshida isn't back, but we know that since the announcement.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Please tell me handheld impressions, specifically the resolution!

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Japanese VA is available for the demo for those wondering.
English VA has a bit too much personality for my liking lol

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Downloading the demo now, can't wait!

Was it just me, or did that trailer look really good? It feels like they put a decent budget behind an appropriately scoped game once again, like they have been doing recently with Octopath Traveler and Trials of Mana as well. Really looking good!

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for a BD1 remaster to go with it, guess I'll have to get it on 3DS.

Do we know if the story relates to BD1, or if it's its own thing like FF sequels?

Lanaka

May 11, 2018
Was hoping for a BD1 remaster to go with it, guess I'll have to get it on 3DS.

Do we know if the story relates to BD1, or if it's its own thing like FF sequels?
So far, from what we've seen, it looks like it has nothing to do with either Bravely Default or Second, but, knowing Asano, it could likely have something to tie them together later, beyond there being four crystals of elements, like in the other two.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
The graphics and art looks freaking amazing from the trailer. I really hope this looks good in handheld!!

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they improve the character models, they look pretty terrible. Even Pokemon has better character models. :/

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This looked like a much bigger leap than I expected.

Amazing. Can't wait to play the demo.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shooot I never played this series but Elvis looks like Kenny from AOT! :O
Will definitely give it a chance.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
Seeing as they are treating it as a follow-up to Bravely Default, and that it is literally called Bravely Default II... Is Bravely Second not canon now?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Why would they call a character Elvis? lol

Going to try this later

Surprised they're releasing a demo already when the game doesn't even have a release date yet, I wasn't expecting to see it until the end of the year

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
The Octopath formula really works for them huh.
Probably gonna have a second demo after they process the feedback from the survey.

Gonna download the demo later, hopefully the characters are as enjoyable as the Octopath ones, that scotish person sounds promising.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Only played the demo of the first game and thought Octopath was really mediocre but I'll be trying it out tonight.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Urgh, I can't play since my Switch is taken but please can anyone give me their handheld impressions?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
DL that demo so hard and fast. I might wrangle one of the Switches from my kids hands this evening.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Still not sure about the character designs, but I'll grab the demo to see it in action.