• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Was worried on the beach scene that they were going to undo the great art direction but then I saw the town and was happy.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
It's 1:30 am. Considering if I should play now, or get up early and play all day? Hmm, gonna be hard to fall asleep now damn it.

The Octopath formula really works for them huh.
Probably gonna have a second demo after they process the feedback from the survey.

Gonna download the demo later, hopefully the characters are as enjoyable as the Octopath ones, that scotish person sounds promising.
Bravely has always done demos. Octopath was just following in its footsteps.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Looks pretty nice, aside from the creepy character models. I'll give it a go once I pry myself away from AC.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
This is definitely day 1 for me, but I won't play the demo. Gonna get into it fresh when it releases.
Thanks in advance to everyone who will be giving them feedback!

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I want to try the demo but I don't want to spoil anything so I'll wait :(

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Stop judging VA based on trailers. Hell, don't even judge the game unless you actually play the demo! The VA in the demo is amazingly good.
The demo itself is really fucking good. BD2 looks incredible so far, minus the rough AA... but hey, it looks like a Switch game.

also GOD that OST is so so good.

I want to try the demo but I don't want to spoil anything so I'll wait :(
Demo and main game are separate, it says right at the beginning of the demo.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Looks excellent, made me wanna get a Switch. I do think people are being too hasty saying this game is it's own thing, though. I don't think you would need to play the previous games to understand this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if some unresolved stuff from BD or BS is brought back here. I don't know, at least I am expecting cameos of some kind, but I could be completely wrong.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Hmm, so to get a job all I need to do is kill someone who has one and take it from them? Good to know.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Looks excellent, made me wanna get a Switch. I do think people are being too hasty saying this game is it's own thing, though. I don't think you would need to play the previous games to understand this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if some unresolved stuff from BD or BS is brought back here. I don't know, at least I am expecting cameos of some kind, but I could be completely wrong.
It doesn't matter if BD2 is in a different universe because
Ringabel can appear anyway.

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
Do you earn rewards in the demo that will carry over to the real game, like the Bravely Default and Second?

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
It doesn't matter if BD2 is in a different universe because
Ringabel can appear anyway.

Well, yeah, that's what I mean. With the Bravely Default series, even if the next games are set in different universes, they can still be connected and bring back plot elements from the original duology.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
So far the only two things they have to look into is that the animation for hitting an enemy is too slow, and that they should have an option to make skill information always visible.

Because right now you have a toggle for "Tooltips" which gives you skill information, but these tips are also there when looking into armour, which makes for an clunky UX. You get an black box that describes the stats of said armour, but it's on top of other equipment. It obscures the other equipment.

Because of that you can't see all your equipment directly when getting into the equipment section. Toggling this option off, means you'll get rid of the black box, but you'll also remove skill info when in battle.

It's annoying because you get skills very quickly in the demo, but you can't check the description of these skills when in battle because of the toggled off option.

If you're playing the demo, you'll get what I mean.

Besides that, the demo is very fun 1 hour in. Hype level is through the roof right now. The music is banging too!

Last edited:

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Holy shit, this game looks visually stunning. Finally downloaded Octopath last night, so I'm excited to see some of the team's work.

What a follow up to the sort of underwhelming original reveal, though. Game went from "huh, that's a thing" to "fuck me this looks good" real quick.

Oct 26, 2017
I loved the first 20-30 hours of bravely default and Octopath but burned out near the ends of both. I love the look and gameplay of their games, and I'm hoping they stick the end game this time.

Xenoblade 3

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Something is worrying me about the turn based battles.
In BD1 and Second, you select your actions for the entire party in one turn. It gives you the feeling of planning your strat, and comboing your moves. And If you accidentally press the wrong action, you can go back and fix it.
Here in BD2, you select your actions for each party member one at a time. Which is more like a regular jrpg. It feels weird for a bravely game.
Also why isnt Default on the L button, like in the 3DS games?
The game does look nice so Ill finish the demo and see what I think afterwards.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Some handheld screenshots (twitter posted first tho)
EUC8jJVUMAI-Rkc

EUC8jJUUMAE_ybG

EUC8jJJUwAAdRHV

EUC8jI7UwAAKEon

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I just wish the battle system was more like Octopath actually.
Looks amazing.

Hope the demo has something to show me it got more appealing to me.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The towns in the original game looked nice but they felt too small and most only had one building you could go inside, hope they're a bit more expansive this time

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
the new graphics are impressive... but damn. I do not like the character models. I was a pretty big fan of the first one and Bravely Second disappointed me. This looks like a massive upgrade but damn, those faces look terrible. The concept art didn't translate well at all into 3D

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks really nice overall but god damn are those character models hideous as all hell. Whoever thought those could work in HD are out of their minds.

I'm gonna play the demo and that'll be my #1 complaint for the survey.