• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
That only happens if you don't use Bravely Second in the first fight versus the Kaiser. I would have missed it I wasn't following a walkthrough lol
I *did* use Bravely Second. The game still wants you to go through all that shit again, and after getting the first couple of jobs that I had to pass up in my first playthrough, I realized it was no longer fun and stopped playing.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
New cast of characters is sorely needed. The original cast sucked.

I know you did not just diss Edea Lee like this

I gave up after
the game literally makes you play the entire game all over again

Hold up, are you serious?

I didn't mind the repetition in the original game because most of it could be skipped... but you're telling me BS does it again? Does it at least let you go straight to the bosses like BD?

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
If they fix the issues (rehashing content and bad pacing, weaker music and story in BS) I had with the 2 previous games, I'm in.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Second battle, 6 orc-like monsters, got annihilated lmao.
But otherwise, I like it, can't stop saying how good it is to have Revo back <3
Bravely Second OST was such a downgrade.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't mind the repetition in the original game because most of it could be skipped... but you're telling me BS does it again? Does it at least let you go straight to the bosses like BD?
BS makes it so that the impossible to win first fight becomes winnable, thus starting a new chain of events in the story. And you can also face the asterisk bosses you chose not to fight the first play through so you can have the full set.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
Man, they really need to reduce the speed that enemies chase you.
After getting in the dungeon, they really have to do something about this. I'd rather have random battles than a fucking snake coming at you 900mph from nowhere and giving you no chance to react. You need inhuman reaction time that would even challenge the flash. Even if you do react in time, the animation for hitting an enemy is either too slow or it barely doesn't hit them. It doesn't help at all that if you get caught, the enemy gets 1 brave point and attacks first.

The only real negative so far in my opinion.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

There's no repetition like in BD. You only repeat a boss fight before it goes into an entirely new chapter

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
What does the icon look like?
EUCuP_LX0AAwNCb

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
The art style looks amazing. Both the characters and the worlds. There is so much personality to everything

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
BS makes it so that the impossible to win first fight becomes winnable, thus starting a new chain of events in the story. And you can also face the asterisk bosses you chose not to fight the first play through so you can have the full set.
There's no repetition like in BD. You only repeat a boss fight before it goes into an entirely new chapter

Ok, that sounds like something I could excuse like in BD lol. But please... I hope there's nothing like it in BDII.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's just the first town but I swear the texture quality looked a hell of a lot higher rez in the trailer.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Just beat the Thief Boss, Holy shit he was really hard, especially compared to Jackal in the first two games, he has a ton of HP and does massive damage to people who aren't defaulting, and a lot of his attacks heal him a good amount, massive battle of attrition, and the lack of a save point before him was really annoying, unless I somehow missed them, there was a heal spot but no save points

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
The menu looks gorgeous, but I have a ton of issues with the UX so far.
  • The tooltips block tons of actual information. You can turn them off in the settings, but I want to read them, just not ALL THE TIME. In the 3DS games, you just pressed L I think to toggle them.
  • Takes too long to set jobs, especially primary due to the model changing animation. Same applies to changing equipment EVEN THOUGH the clothing model doesn't update anyway!
  • Too much reliance on -/+ buttons. They're high up on the joycons and I dislike having to HOLD + to view my ability descriptions. Feels physically cumbersome.
  • You can't easily see how your stats change when unequipping, since you just press - with no other menuing.
In battle:
  • Can't Default with L anymore (at least in two-handed mode).
  • Can't easily repeat an action 4 times. In the 3DS games, before confirming a single action, you could use R to duplicate it for the turn. Now, you have to Brave x4 -> (select ability -> select target) x4. You can brave x4 -> hold the A button for duplicating actions.

Last edited:

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Just beat the Thief Boss, Holy shit he was really hard, especially compared to Jackal in the first two games, he has a ton of HP and does massive damage to people who aren't defaulting, and a lot of his attacks heal him a good amount, massive battle of attrition, and the lack of a save point before him was really annoying, unless I somehow missed them, there was a heal spot but no save points

that heal spot is also a save point, lol

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I hate the character models slightly less now for some reason.

The environments and towns look beautiful though. Probably will get eventually even though I never finished 1 and Not2.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Really happy to see Team Asano finally using their beautiful art for icons, after the minimalistic icons of BD1/Octopath.

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
The music is so good. I missed Bravely music.

Also the demo is a technical mess. I've not seen a Switch game hitch this much and the battles are rather blurry. Hope they get it figured out by release.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Downloading
I loved these games (bravely and oxtopath)
Best of SE approach to modern gaming imho

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
i really need a world map. ends up getting lost while exploring the overworld and cannot find the town lol
unless i missed something and there is a way to pull up bigger map

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I just started the demo, the game looks BEAUTIFUL. I love the way they approached towns, it retains the feel of the 3ds games but appropriately stepped up for a home console experience. The character models look a lot better than in the first trailer, and I love the job designs. And the music!

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I don't like the character models (I kinda hate the chibi aspect) but the environments look beautiful.

Do these games have a deep combat system? Will try the demo. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to come out.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
ok maybe i'm stupid but how do I make the battles go faster?

The MMO thing where enemies don't drop quest items everytime is annoying.

Loving the rest though.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I don't like the character models (I kinda hate the chibi aspect) but the environments look beautiful.

Do these games have a deep combat system? Will try the demo. Hopefully it doesn't take to long to come out.
In the original Bravely Default there were realistic models used in a cutscene at the start. I hoped this game would use ones that like!

The combat is stellar in these games for sure.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, I hated how this looked when this was originally shown. In motion though, this looks incredible.

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
The menu looks gorgeous, but I have a ton of issues with the UX so far.
  • The tooltips block tons of actual information. You can turn them off in the settings, but I want to read them, just not ALL THE TIME. In the 3DS games, you just pressed L I think to toggle them.
  • Takes too long to set jobs, especially primary due to the model changing animation. Same applies to changing equipment EVEN THOUGH the clothing model doesn't update anyway!
  • Too much reliance on -/+ buttons. They're high up on the joycons and I dislike having to HOLD + to view my ability descriptions. Feels physically cumbersome.
  • You can't easily see how your stats change when unequipping, since you just press - with no other menuing.
In battle:
  • Can't Default with L anymore (at least in two-handed mode).
  • Can't easily repeat an action 4 times. In the 3DS games, before confirming a single action, you could use R to duplicate it for the turn. Now, you have to Brave x4 -> (select ability -> select target) x4.
You can hold down the A button to quickly select the same action. Everything else I agree with. Especially the over reliance on plus and minus buttons.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Is there not a way to check the turn order in battle? Also have to agree that I dislike not being able to choose Brave for a single action and choosing actions for the whole party at once.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
I should play it. Not a fan of the art style atm. Octopath Traveler blew me away. I wanted them to go down that path again.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Was it just me, or did that trailer look really good? It feels like they put a decent budget behind an appropriately scoped game once again, like they have been doing recently with Octopath Traveler and Trials of Mana as well. Really looking good!
I was surprised how clean the footage looked. Demo is downloading right now, can't wait!