• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Ela9lI2XUAIjBfq

Brought together by fate, four heroes will embark on a great voyage in the beautiful and engaging role-playing game BRAVELY DEFAULT II from SQUARE ENIX, the creators of the FINAL FANTASY series. In the series' new adventure, players will set off on an epic journey, visiting stunning locations, meeting intriguing characters and battling dastardly villains. By defeating enemies called Asterisk bearers, the heroes will acquire Asterisks, which allow them to change jobs. By using the right combination of jobs, players can turn the tide of battle in their favor. Some of the jobs that can be acquired include the powerful Vanguard, the White Mage, the Bard, the Beastmaster and the Gambler, among many others. After a demo version of the game went live in March, the developers collected player feedback about things like difficulty and controls to improve the overall game experience. A video addressing the helpful fan feedback will be posted on the BRAVELY DEFAULT II website and on YouTube later today. BRAVELY DEFAULT II launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on Feb. 26, 2021.

Changes made after the demo video:

• 3 difficulty modes: Casual, Normal and hard
  • Turn orders are now displayed for characters
  • 3aduJMp.png
  • Possible to skip battle intro scenes
  • Adding more information to the battle info screen
  • Monster speed adjusted in the overworld
  • Bonus for beating stronger monsters than you
  • Changed font color and UI adjustments
  • Option to run by default

Last edited:

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Nice. Put ~5 hours into the original and enjoyed it quite a bit but stayed away from the sequel since it was divisive. Been waiting for it to come to Switch to give it another go.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
hmm from the settings option in the feedback video, no 0 exp option? oh well gonna miss that feature from bdfts & b2nd

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great to me. Had no clue when it was supposed to be released, so not really a delay for me.

I fucking hope they nail this one. I feel like all their games have been good, but with a major flaw that keeps it from greatness. Hope this is the one.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The style in this game is so weird! Looks cool though, 2 months isn't a bad wait. Between this and the new MH it'll be a good winter for Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it me, or do the models look worse somehow?

Gameplay looks like it may have taken into consideration the demo criticisms, and the towns look nice too, so ultimately I'm here for this.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The changes from the demo sound pretty great. I thought the trailer looked a bit weird graphically but it looks better in the demo changes video.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Something to indicate turn order was probably the biggest thing I wanted. Very happy to see something added.

Oct 27, 2017
Putting what I said from the other thread:

Is it me, or do the models look worse somehow?

Gameplay looks like it may have taken into consideration the demo criticisms, and the towns look nice too, so ultimately I'm here for this.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I want to like it so badly, but artistically it's such a downgrade it's insane. Also that PROTECT line is pretty hilarious.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Can't wait for them to put out the video detailing the changes they made.
It's already out

Bravely Default II launching 2.26.2021

Brought together by fate, four heroes will embark on a great voyage in the beautiful and engaging role-playing game BRAVELY DEFAULT II from SQUARE ENIX, the creators of the FINAL FANTASY series. In the series’ new adventure, players will set off on an epic journey, visiting stunning locations...

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of the art style/visuals they have chosen, but I hope it's a solid game. I'm also glad they decided to include multiple difficulty options after the demo!

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I'm fine with the delay, it was expected after no news all year. The new characters shown look great. As always I like how much they care about feedback, will be picking this up for sure. Sad that they didn't change the battle system to how it was on the 3DS games (selecting actions for everyone first) but hopefully the turn gauges make things flow better than the demo.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Heh, demo soured me hard on the game.
Hope they release another demo with near-final quality so I can judge once again.

Ain't Nobody

Oct 30, 2017
Hachi machi, that voice acting. Hopefully there's a toggle. I really enjoyed the first one, I bought Bravely Second but never played it...

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Switch is stacked already in the first three months... Bravely Default II, SM3DW, and Monster Hunter.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard great things about the first two so I'll be picking this up. I do have to admit I preferred the Octopath Traveler art style, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of that anyway.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, that looks bad. Can't they make it a bit more closer to the 3DS style instead? Also the voice acting is horrible, hopefully it's not Trials of Mana levels of horrible

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
really dislike the big head character models, I bet they use the beautiful pencil artwork for the boxart to rub it in more :(