• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was buried deep into this japanese report. Thanks to tolkir for finding it.
www.4gamer.net

「ブレイブリーデフォルトII」のPC(Steam)版が9月3日2:00に配信決定。コントローラーサポート対応やさまざまな解像度設定を実装

スクウェア・エニックスは本日,「ブレイブリーデフォルトII」のPC(Steam)版を,2021年9月3日2:00に配信すると発表した。本作は,「ブレイブリー」シリーズや「OCTOPATH TRAVELER」の開発陣が手がけたRPGだ。Steam版では,コントローラーサポート機能に対応したほか,さまざまな解像度に設定できるという。

2021年2月26日(金) にNintendo Switchで発売、全世界累計出荷・ダウンロード販売本数 95万本以上となる本作品は、「ブレイブリー」シリーズ、『オクトパストラベラー』の開発陣が手掛ける完全新作RPGです。『ブレイブリーデフォルト』の楽曲を手掛けたRevo(Sound Horizon/ Linked Horizon)氏が今作でも音楽を担当。新しい世界、新しい光の戦士たちによる、新しい物語ですので、シリーズ作品に触れたことがない、初めてプレイされる方にも楽しんで頂けます。

The game will be released on Nintendo Switch on February 26, 2021 (Friday), and has sold over 950,000 units worldwide. It is a completely new RPG by the developers of the "Bravely" series and "Octopath Traveler". Revo (Sound Horizon/ Linked Horizon), who wrote the music for "Bravely Default", is also in charge of the music for this title. It's a new story with a new world and new warriors of light, so even those who have never played the series before will enjoy it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Native speakers are welcome to provide a better translation than the machine one I used if they are willing to do so.

This is the first time we actually have some precise data over the sales of the game. Many people assumed the game didn't sell all that good but it looks like it actually did pretty well.
It'll release next week on Steam for additional sales but it looks like it'll break the million on Switch alone.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, very happy to hear that, it won't reach the 2 millions on Switch alone of Octopath but it's still pretty amazing for a AA JRPG.
I really enjoyed this game, the story surprised me in the good way.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
1359506327519zhjy8.gif

Awesome news, and well deserved.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
after linus posted about how he was playing it a while ago im not surprised this sold that much

Kimbou

Jan 22, 2021
Good news. It'll definitely reach that million milestone (Switch alone) being so close already.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
People here wanted to call it a bomb so bad lol.
Great success for SE, especially with the Steam version upcoming.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Hell YES! Asano team deserves every sale. I freaking love their games.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Excited it's coming to steam. Switch demo felt quite bad framepacing wise with some stutter and IQ that felt worse for the hardware than the 3ds games.

And I feel like something got lost in translation witubtuebcharafter models but I'm mostly over that. Asano seems to be doing so many games at the same time or at least in quick succession

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
Hope it's enough to keep the franchise going beyond mobile games, though I do hope they can return to the quality of the first two games if they make a fourth main game

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
It's a damn fine JRPG and deserves success. Hoping it does well on PC too so we can see more day one versions/ports.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's surprising and great. I hope similar niche titles that released in recent history has the same success.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep sleeping on these games cos the name keeps making me think it's like some edutainment RPG made by Quicken

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
That's awesome! Im actually playing it again right now. Back in Wiswald the 2nd time.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see its near the million already. Especially with PC it should guarantee a third (fourth) game, and surpass BD1 in sales.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
So Bravely Default II is good? Maybe I'll pick it up on Steam. I saw the preorder news popup

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Enjoyed this game--although I liked it a little less than Bravely Second. Glad to see sales are still going strong for this franchise.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Wasnt it at like 600K+ 2 or so months ago? Looks like it did very well over the last few months, it's been on sale a few times but it was probably more than 600K when that was 'guesstimated' at the time.

That's much more than I expected. Looks like it did very well for itself. So another million seller on Switch coming in soon.

Very much enjoyed this game - hoping for a sequel in the future =)

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how some people said it bombed especially in the Media Create thread.

Anyways I'm glad to see it sold well enough for them to probably make another installment in the Bravely series. For the next game, I hope they go for something a bit more ambitious to open up the Bravely series further. It could literally be the classic Final Fantasy if it were just given a better budget. Also, people underestimate how strong Jrpgs sell on the Switch which is why I'm expecting SMT V to overperform.

But yea people please buy Bravely Default 2.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even funnier that SE tried to replicate that success with Tokyo RPG Factory

In possibly the most cynical way possibly, up to and including the name of the dev team. =P

EDIT:
Wasnt it at like 600K+ 2 or so months ago? Looks like it did very well over the last few months, it's been on sale a few times but it was probably more than 600K when that was 'guesstimated' at the time.

That's much more than I expected. Looks like it did very well for itself. So another million seller on Switch coming in soon.

Very much enjoyed this game - hoping for a sequel in the future =)

600k was the minimum that was worked out and it was assumed to be less than 1m but that was about all we knew.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Bravely really has come a long way and I have to say if it weren't for Nintendo platforms this series could have died with Bravely Second because you can't really count on Square.

Square legit almost silenced the series with the way they handled Second. The first one did incredibly well and they make the next installment with a lower budget. Tell me how that makes any sense.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Great news! Love this series and it looks like a new Bravely game is likely.

Now let's hope the next game has a bit a more money put into it. I want to see this series grow and have a bright future.

TGR Sean

Nov 5, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Never played the other games in the series but holy hell. This game was phenomenal. Near perfect. Definitely my GOTY so far and unlikely to be dethroned.

I doubt this post will influence anyone but if you were on the fence about this please give it a go. Godlike OST. Gorgeous visuals. Strategic and fun customization gameplay. And the story blossomed into something I did not expect at all. Legit emotional journey. Fantastic voicework.

And the one thing I loved the most is how they approached New Game +. They give you a menu of like a dozen or so different options and customizations for how you'd like to restart and what to bring with you.

Deserves way more than 1 mil sold.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't bought it. Keep pushing it back. Still have DQ XI and SMT V on the JRPG department ahead of it for the switch.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I picked it up months ago but havent had time to sit down and play a JRPG in a while..But I keep buying them, Have this, Disgaea 5, Valk Chronicles 4 and Xenoblade Chronicles installed on my switch...I need time off.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
That's great. Being a lower budget game hopefully means they were profitable if they are willing to disclose the sub-million(just) figure. Reminds me of Ni no Kuni 2 and their 900k figure.