• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https:///heres-brawlouts-frame-rate-resolution-nintendo-switch/

The developers of Smash Bros. inspired fighting game Brawlout have just revealed how the game performs on Nintendo Switch.

When docked the game runs at 1080p and when undocked it runs at 720p. Regardless of whether it's docked or undocked, Brawlout runs at a smooth 60 frames per second, which is essential for fighting games.

Brawlout launches December 19, 2017 on Switch.

Brawlout is a cool Smash clone, should hold most of us over until Smash arrives on Switch. It doesn't have that many characters but it's 20 euros, so for that price it should provide some great fun.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Great, me and friends will play this for the Smash fix until the real thing drops. (No Wii Us anymore)

This will sell tons for Switch owners I bet.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This should hold me over until Smash, I am really itching for it. Plus, it'll be fun to be Juan from Guacamelee and play online with my friends. These performance marks are just a cherry on top, but it's always nice to see

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Having the guy from Hyper Light Drifter was enough to sell me on this game lol. These types of games live and die by the characters and this one has a good bunch imo. Would really like to see them get the Shovel Knight character before launch but it doesnt look like it will happen in time.

SartrG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they release a demo. 60 FPS is great and I don't mind the resolution at all, but the "feel" of it is the most important factor in me deciding if I want to stick to it or not.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would be a shame if the real Smash Bros does less performance wise when it is eventually ported

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Switch has native support for GC controllers, but you have to do this:

- plug only one of the two USB cords from the GC adapter into your Switch
- use a Joy-Con to navigate to 'Search for controllers'
- back out to home

and then your Gamecube controllers should work natively, until you hard-shutdown your Switch.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I was thinking about getting this...I might get something else, though.

Does this game have any single player modes?

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
4AgEVPR.png

Let's see if being on Switch can fix this.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
We just got our review code this morning. Can't wait to boot it up when I get home! Review embargo is set to lift Monday morning, which is a good sign.

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Apparently they didn't patch out GC Adapter, it's just that after updating to 4.01 from 4.0 you have to re-detect the adapter to work again.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
4AgEVPR.png

Let's see if being on Switch can fix this.
This is so sad. Tbf I had no idea this game even existed until the all the Switch promos started appearing on Era. It's hard to release anything that is non-traditional on PC because the fanbase for that genre might not be there as opposed to consoles. Goes to show how important word of mouth is for gaming.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is so sad. Tbf I had no idea this game even existed until the all the Switch promos started appearing on Era. It's hard to release anything that is non-traditional on PC because the fanbase for that genre might not be there as opposed to consoles. Goes to show how important word of mouth is for gaming.

I don't think it's just a matter of "the fanbase" not being there. If anything, the fanbase probably doesn't care about games like this because it's not Smash. Smash is the king of the category it created AND has all the nostalgia appeal.
The other big factor, I think, is that games like Brawlout make the most sense as local 4-player experiences with gamepads. PCs are not well-suited for that. PCs are about keyboard & mouse and online play mostly. Maybe local 2P. But getting 4 gamepads working properly on a PC is a pain in the ass and just something people usually don't even think of going through, even if computers have never been as gamepad-friendly as they are today.

Gearstar

Nov 16, 2017
Wow, this is brutal! D:
Going by the trailers it actually looks fine when compared to other "Smash-clones". Hope it´ll do well.

Did this game OutLawBreakers LawBreakers?

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona

It's a shame because the game is really fun. Looking forward to jumping back into it. Switch support is great but they have also added a bunch of new stuff in time for the release. Should be even better now.

Between Rivals, Smash 4 and Brawlout I personally find Brawlout to be the most fun.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have they done anything to fix this game? What I've seen from it suggests at least one of the characters is completely broken and overpowered to the point that the game isn't even worth playing seriously. Also seemed super clunky outside those other issues.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
So you make a Smash Bros. clone and use the worst game in the series as the part of the title? That's not a good sign.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's just a matter of "the fanbase" not being there. If anything, the fanbase probably doesn't care about games like this because it's not Smash. Smash is the king of the category it created AND has all the nostalgia appeal.
The other big factor, I think, is that games like Brawlout make the most sense as local 4-player experiences with gamepads. PCs are not well-suited for that. PCs are about keyboard & mouse and online play mostly. Maybe local 2P. But getting 4 gamepads working properly on a PC is a pain in the ass and just something people usually don't even think of going through, even if computers have never been as gamepad-friendly as they are today.
I can relate, I have never touched any of the Souls types except Salt and Sanctuary. Sometimes for the casual observer an imitator might seem like a similar game but for those into these games even the minor differences can turn them off.

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Have they done anything to fix this game? What I've seen from it suggests at least one of the characters is completely broken and overpowered to the point that the game isn't even worth playing seriously. Also seemed super clunky outside those other issues.

What character are you referring to?

I put 20 hours into this and was beating most people online and thought I understood the tier list. Then I played against a few really good players that had 100+ hours and realized I knew nothing. Haha.