• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Brazil (search the game's name)

So this came up. My HUGE hope is that this is a surprise remaster or even a remake of Ice Age 2: The Meltdown that was on Wii/GC/PS2/XB/PC. This was a 3D platformer starring Scrat who spends the game collecting nuts by the late great Eurocom. Just Add Water (the modern Oddworld devs) being on this is a shocker.

Outright's seemingly now have the Ice Age license (and likely Blue Sky Studios' licenses as a whole I'd imagine), just like they obtained the DreamWorks licenses, both of which were with Activision a long time ago.

Anyone play Ice Age 2 or 3 (also by Eurocom)? Continental Drift: Arctic Games and the first movie game on GBA were by Behaviour/A2M which was funny.

Sadly the odds are just as big of this being a new game, and looking at Outright's line-up, it's not anything more than "okay" from what I've seen, but they're far from Little Orbit horrendous at least...

Also, special reminder of Ice Age 2's outstanding soundtrack by Jim Croft:

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
get the nut.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How random especially since the Ice Age movies suck, are basically a dead property now and only the first one has barely aged well.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
šŸ˜
Been telling y'all Heisen legit. Mans uncle actually works for Nintendo and Bandai. Who do you think fostered the great bandai and Ninty relationship lately?

yeah that's right šŸš¶šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Poor Heisen, didn't stay un-banned long enough to witness this day :(

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe some contract work JAW took on so they can go on spending 7 years between Oddworld games?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yo i am down for this. I didnt k ow that the ice age 2 gsme was decent and now i really wanna try it out.

Apr 8, 2018
Damn I completely forgot about that Ice Age 2 game. I think I played it on PS2 back in the day. Would be interesting if it actually is a remaster/remake of that.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Believe it or not, BN DO actually seem to work with Outright on their EU releases like Ben 10 and recently with Dragons: Dawn of New Riders:

So it was legit, wow.

Is it safe for me to assume that Bandai EU has its own dealings and does not always publish (distributes) the same content that Bandai does in the US or Japan? Since the Twin Mirror at least shows that Bandai Japan will drop some stuff

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017

Shame, but maybe if we wish upon the portable nut gods, they may reuse Jim Croft's soundtrack. He's at Frontier now but I doubt they'll let him compose elsewhere.

BUT, it does looks surprisingly solid and legit reminds me of the Ice Age 2 game honestly. Hell the grass area is super similar to the area with the farting bear sloth or whatever it was from Ice Age 2. I even hear the song in my head looking at it:

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017