• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Criminalize games and give guns to everyone.
It's gonna go great, guys... :(

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Are they going to ban football too? I haven't seen gaming ultras, but I sure as hell participated in football related brawls when I was younger.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh the irony... criminalize videogames because violence but having guns should be legal because reasons

Oh PSL what a fucking shitshow of a party

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Even though this has no chance of going through, at least a small part of me wants it to just to spite all of the young Bolsominion fuckwads who voted for this foul party.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So, if this happens everywhere and videogames get banned, what will they put blame on after?

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
It will never go through, will only bring more negative attention to the party.

You're doing a great job being idiots, keep up the good work, guys!

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
So, if this happens everywhere and videogames get banned, what will they put blame on after?

People still buying games ilegally obviously

We banned them but the damn black market still keeps corrupting our youth. Better ban the internet as a whole save for a few approved sites

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Probably wants to ride in the news of the recent massacre at Suzano, since the killers used to hang out in a lan house a lot.

Not worried to be honest, government is too incompetent to enforce any law.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Sucks to see this but I take some pleasure in the fact that this might throw some of the young right wing gamer-types who convinced themselves that a bunch of old traditionalists were on their side for a loop.

CoNSerVaTiSm Is tHe NeW PuNk RoCk

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The people are noble and wise and just.

Surely they are the paragons of righteousness and protectors of the vulnerable.

Just as white men foretold.

"They're making the connection between online radicalization and terrorism/extremism! Quick, dig up hoary old scarems!"
iu

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of course these people would blame everything but their own disgusting rhetoric of hate and violence, great stuff coming from a party that was elected by doing finger guns while promising guns for everyone.

This freaking country.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
We live in a world of old people not understanding shit trying to legislate things they don't understand.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Before worrying about video games, they should do something about the head of their party that wants to murder everybody.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Wasn't there a violent pro Bolsanairo game on Steam?
Do they want to criminalize that too or is it ok because violence against their target doesn't count as real violence?

Oct 27, 2017
Well if they ban all the strawmen "reasons" that could cause an individual to shoot another person, eventually they will get to the root of the problem. It's like watching the world's worst detective in action.
"Today we are banning knives so that individuals with guns will feel safer and hopefully be less prone to violent incidents." Or something like that.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Might as well criminalize heavy metal and comic books while they're at it.

And D&D...although I can't remember if it was blamed as much way back when.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I honestly find it pretty hilarious considering how Bolsonaro, like Trump, has a huge following in gaming circles. Of course, it's sad that THIS would be the thing to make them rally against Bolsonaro and not the fact that he celebrates the military dictatorship that killed and tortured thousands, for example.

But all this is in line with what the PSL thinks: guns should only exist to kill real people.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
The irony of this after what the Bolsarano voter base did with videogames is not lost on me.