• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magni

You're absolutely right, and I wouldn't support that outside of a heated moment like the one I was in when I made that post. But it's hard to come to terms with the fact that when expats vote, they don't necessarily have to deal with the consequences of said vote.

Perfectly understandable for you to be riled up, I'm really sorry about what's happening to your country :( A friend of mine posted videos from the embassy in NY on Sunday, so many yellow jerseys... is there no way for the non-fascists to reclaim that symbol? Have any active players made any statements about this use of the national team jersey? I would hope most of them aren't fans of Bolsonaro, but I don't know what to think anymore.

Is there a per-country breakdown of the expat vote? I'm only seeing totals for all expats regardless of country of residence here http://divulga.tse.jus.br/index.html (and Bolsonaro with almost 60% of the expat vote... only 0.2% of his total votes though, so it's not like expats swung the election)

OP
OP
SoundCheck

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, apparently, Bolsonaro campaign is using Whatsapp to spread fake news, using a 12 million fund backed by entrepreneurs
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...gn?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

The far-right frontrunner in Brazil's bitterly contested election has been accused of benefiting from an undemocratic and criminal industry of fake news and lies in his attempt to become the country's next president.

But according to allegations in a front-page report by the Folha de São Paulo, one of Brazil's leading newspapers, Bolsonaro has been getting an illegal helping hand from a group of Brazilian entrepreneurs who are bankrolling a campaign to bombard WhatsApp users with fake news about Haddad.

The newspaper claimed the multimillion-dollar "anti-Workers' party campaign" was designed to inundate Brazilian voters with untruths and inventions, by simultaneously firing off hundreds of millions of WhatsAppmessages.

StrayDog

Avenger
Jul 14, 2018
So that's why there were so much fake news coming from whatapps from the beginning...

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoundCheck

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrow is the second round. Opinion polls show Bolsonaro on the lead, with a 8 points advantage, but Haddad is shortening the gap in the last days, boosted by Bolsonaro's abstence in debating and support from many important Brazilian personalities. Last week, many universities were invaded by electoral authorities to confiscate antifascist propaganda.

What we need for a victory:
- Massive turnout in Northeast
- Shorten the gap in big cities of south/southeast
- Transform undecided votes to Haddad

It's almost impossible at this point, but I have hope. Please get out and vote for the democracy.

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
I AM A FREE MARKET DUDE AND I SAY FUCK BOLSONARO
I am also highly intoxicated right now, it's the only way to handle the current situation.
Soundtrack:

laflews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no matter what.. Bolsonaro is the best alternative for Brazil. Haddad and his party will just make things worse.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
no matter what.. Bolsonaro is the best alternative for Brazil. Haddad and his party will just make things worse.
Lol because a pseudo-dictatorship (if not an actual dictatorship) is known for being great for countries. Please explain to me how a man that has done for congress in over twenty years is going to make things better.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

"Turn Brazil into USA with a shooting per week" worse?
"Selling the amazon and fucking up ibama and accelerating the global warming" worse?
"The guy who can't control his son, his fans and his vice president" worse?
"The guy who will only give interviews when he can control everything and said will arrest and KILL his oposition" worse?
"The guy who will make Trump looks like the most LGBT friendly president ever" worse?
"The Economist warned about his economic plan" worse?

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
"Turn Brazil into USA with a shooting per week" worse?
"Selling the amazon and fucking up ibama and accelerating the global warming" worse?
"The guy who can't control his son, his fans and his vice president" worse?
"The guy who will only give interviews when he can control everything and said will arrest and KILL his oposition" worse?
"The guy who will make Trump looks like the most LGBT friendly president ever" worse?
"The Economist warned about his economic plan" worse?
The guy has 6 posts since last october, I doubt that he is interested in having any kind of conversation.

laflews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (permanent): Rationalizing fascism and dictatorship, junior account
take Erdogan as an example. he is a dictator as much as you view bolsonaro and trump and even worse.. but he is the only reason Turkey didn't collapse and became one of the G20.

a good dictator is better than a useless democrat.
let's give bolsonaro a chance for the ordinary brazilian. also most of what he says about minorities is just bullshit to promote himself.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
take Erdogan as an example. he is a dictator as much as you view bolsonaro and trump and even worse.. but he is the only reason Turkey didn't collapse and became one of the G20.

let's give bolsonaro a chance for the ordinary brazilian. also most of what he says about minorities is just bullshit to promote himself.

let me guess, you are white straight man with zero empathy, right ?

Dracon

Oct 27, 2017

We wont have a chance to give if he wins anyway. His only positive aspect is not being PT, for the rest he already showed that he lacks every qualification to become a good or even regular President.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
a good dictator is better than
giphy.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
no I'm one of the minorities dictators abuse. but let's think in a broader way.

and have a better argument than accusing me.

My argument was before.
I tryed talking, giving points and then I flagged your post for the most obvious example of rationalizing fascism I ever saw.

If you want suicide by fascism I am sorry but you are not taking me with you

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but that shit actually empowers the people that agree with him. While you can say Bolosonaro himself won't attack minorities, his followers will and are actually already doing it.

laflews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does this mean? If you are a minority, your life is at risk with Bolsonaro as president. Are you willing to give your life away for the sake of a politician?
Are you willing to let millions live in a poverty and failling country full of crimes for the sake of ideologies?

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
It's a Bolsominion, he just repeats things and won't be able to back his claims with actual facts. Probably believes Bolsonaro's government will be corruption free just because Bolsonaro.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Are you willing to let millions live in a poverty and failling country full of crimes for the sake of ideologies?

The amount of people who went outside of poverty line on the PT goverment years is absolutely INSANE.

Lula literally took brazil out of the hunger map, which temer put us back in a year.

Crimes will RISE if everyone has a gun, don't you noticed the amount of shootings that the usa has ? we have a fucking thread about one RIGHT NOW in etc

And by your erdogan comparison, crimes commited by the goverment are CRIMES TOO.

OP
OP
SoundCheck

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people with Brazil national team in my session again. I've done my part and voted for Haddad, but it's almost impossible to win at this point.

Jan 7, 2018
Lula literally took brazil out of the hunger map, which temer put us back in a year.
It was actually Dilma.
Lula's governments were good indeed (well, I'd argue the first one was very good and the second one was mediocre), but Dilma's were a public calamity. There's no denying of this. It's the reason so many people are willing to vote for a literal fascist rather than Haddad, even though he's way better than Dilma. Just because they share a party.
Dilma's policies drove this country into the worst recession of its story, and this is not hyperbole or subjective, gdp growth is a exact number. Comparing 2002 to 2015 Brazil, it did improve a lot. Try comparing 2011 brazil to 2015 Brazil and the results will be very different. The country stagnated and even regressed in the later years. Under every objective metric, the years when the country did worst were 2015 and 2016, not 2017 and 2018.

Last edited:

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Did my part and voted Haddad. With that man speech of "get rid of opposition" it can be the last time

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did my part and voted Haddad. With that man speech of "get rid of opposition" it can be the last time
Also voted 13, was nice to see that at least where I vote for every person with a national team shirt there was someone with a red one.

Although I'm pretty fucking depressed that in my home state we really don't have a choice for governor, it's between a 78 year old fucker that has been in power for many years trying for reelection, a asshole that by the way paid 5 million reais for goddamn Giuliani of all people to come here and obviously do absolutely nothing, or a ex-journalist that is on Bozo's old party and, even though he said he wasn't necessarily supporting the fascist views, a lot of his campaign was trying to appeal to Bozo's voters . Oh also, Bozo already declared that he is supporting both fucking candidates. We are fucking screwed.

http://www.portalholofote.com/notic...-diz-que-apoia-wilson-lima-e-amazonino-mendes

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, is it over, guys? Is there any hope or should we already prepare for the worst. Going to vote in a hour so, if anything, I'll still have my conscience.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
switching parties won't fix corruption. it's too deep rooted into the system in all levels, the judiciary, business, regulators everything

you need a total Republic reboot but Bolsonaro is the wrong guy to do it.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
I used to be kinda sad that I didnt learn portuguese in time, as the idea of taking a masters or a PhD in Brasil sounded interesting.

Now im not so sad anymore...

Good luck brasilians! Hopefully a miracle happens today

Mr.2D

Oct 28, 2017
As bad as all the corruption scandals in the previous Brazillian governments were, I met a lot of people over the years that were driven out of poverty mainly because of Lula's policies. I'm sad to see it all come crumbling down in a matter of years. Give me a corrupt democratic government any day of the week over some random fascist guy.

As a side note, I find it absolutely insane that Brazilians living in Portugal, a democratic country now governed by a leftist coalition, seem to be voting mainly for Bolsonaro. Do they not see the irony or is it just a "fuck off and die, I'm 5000 miles away" thing?

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
don't get your hopes up people, it will only hurt more once the results are in.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Watching this as a fellow latinamerican hoping Haddad wins. You can do it Brazil

I'm afraid that a Bolsonaro win will give credibility to any far right candidate here. We're all counting on you to stop this round

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I went Boulos on the first round and Haddad on the second, hoping people like me add up to get Haddad the win.

It's a long shot, but possible.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Voted for Haddad for President and Eduardo Paes for Rio de Janeiro's Governor. Don't wanna think about it. Two shit options I normally wouldn't vote for in a million years. But it was necessary.

As a side note, I find it absolutely insane that Brazilians living in Portugal, a democratic country now governed by a leftist coalition, seem to be voting mainly for Bolsonaro. Do they not see the irony or is it just a "fuck off and die, I'm 5000 miles away" thing?
Those people are disgusting. Fuck them, really.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck Brazil. Make sure that disgusting fascist stays away from power. Miracles can happen, like in Costa Rica.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My first, and I hope there will be no need for a second, vote for PT, I hope it makes the difference