• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Funnily enough I was thinking about the fact that they are white more than men. White people both men and women are fucking over poorer minorities in any way they can in the guise of religion.

I don't have the polls to back this up, so I might be talking entirely out of my ass, but I suspect that southern Black people are against abortion in much the same way they're against gay marriage and LGBT rights in general.

They are a VERY religious demographic. And that's the point: religion, not race or gender, is the reason people are against abortion.

Dec 28, 2018
The hell is wrong with some people in this world. This kind of shit shouldn't be allowed to happen it's just beyond fucked up.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the polls to back this up, so I might be talking entirely out of my ass, but I suspect that southern Black people are against abortion in much the same way they're against gay marriage and LGBT rights in general.

They are a VERY religious demographic. And that's the point: religion, not race or gender, is the reason people are against abortion.

Yeah you are talking out of your ass. There is a large difference between white and black evangelicals. Also black support of gay marriage is still far above that of white evangelicals.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

You should probably look at a single poll before saying something that is hilariously wrong.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Just remember they're not pro-life they're anti-women.

They'll do anything for the unborn but once you're born you're fucked.
This.

It's especially telling when you consider what is considered an abortion.

These laws don't just effect people who become pregnant unwillingly. It also effects people who miscarry. My Oma had to have an abortion after her first pregnancy miscarried so horribly the doctor said the inside of her womb looked like a bloodbag with meat chunks exploded. But, by both scientific and legal terminology, she had to have an abortion, in order to get that out of her. If she did not, it's likely that she would have been unable to have gotten pregnant ever again, and perhaps even died. This means my mother, my aunt, myself, my sibling, and my two cousins would never have been born. In all reality, an abortion saved the lives of not just one... But seven people. If it were illegal, six potential people would not exist, and one may well have died. And for what purpose? What purpose other than to punish someone who did nothing wrong, that an act of fate no one could have prevented did?

Of course, people should be free to get abortions even in non-life-threatening situations. But the fact of the matter is pro-lifers aren't actually pro-life, or else they'd consider such situations. They just want to punish women.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
oHxEYBB.png

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
You should probably look at a single poll before saying something that is hilariously wrong.

I looked and that's why I clarified that I didn't see one, but if you have one, I'd love to read up on it.

I'm open about mostly basing this off black voters lack of support for gay rights and other prominent religious issues. I've never been anything but open about how I might be way off base about that.

Last edited:

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
It isn't a ridiculous scenario, it's reality in poor America. Easy, effective, and safe birth control is the answer; but it isn't available to poor women in these states.

I know that abstinence is a poor solution.

I meant the scenario in which all women in Alabama decided to abstain from sex; that is not going to stop many of them from being forcefully impregnated, as terrible men aren't going to sit idly by and also abstain from sex. If you know it's a poor solution, you should also know how dismissive you sound by stating how you would resort to this shitty 'solution' if you were a woman, even if that wasn't your intention.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Definitely. My panic vision of where America is going is two different countries, one with basically a Scandinavian-ish social democracy, high GDP per capita, good education etc., and a second one that's a kleptocracy with horrible human rights standards, crippling poverty, and lots of second-class citizens to pin the blame on (women, minorities, immigrants, you name it). But honestly we're 95% of the way there right now.

This wouldn't be a bad thing except for all of the non-shitty people who live in the shitty states and don't have a good opportunity at leaving.

What's up next after Roe v Wade? Brown v Board of Education?

Brown was de-facto gutted years ago. Gentrification makes America more and more segregated. Ironically it's Southern cities that often end up less strictly segregated now.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My wife miscarried and had to have an abortion. I couldn't imagine making her have to carry the miscarried fetus to term. wtf!

I_D

Oct 27, 2017
99 years in prison? That's insane. Even outright murder doesn't garner such a punishment. Hell, there have been mass-shooters with less-severe punishments.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
This is absolutely abhorrent. It shouldn't even be a consideration, how about 99 years of prison for voting in favor of such a thing.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Alabama is living in the past.

The idea that a clump of cells without organized brain tissue is a person is absolutely ludicrous. should be mocked relentlessly for how fucking stupid it is.

Basically the only argument for banning abortion is spiritual eg pulling shit out of your ass and shouldn't be put into law. If there is a soul, I sure as hell hope it doesn't couple to the physical realm at conception because if it does, trillions of people have died.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Pat Robertson came out against Alabama's new law?

What is this timeline?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/reli...mas-abortion-ban-is-extreme-has-gone-too-far/

Longtime televangelist Pat Robertson decried Alabama's new abortion ban as "extreme," saying on his show on Wednesday that the state legislature has "gone too far."

"They want to challenge Roe vs. Wade, but my humble view is I don't think that's the case I'd want to bring to the Supreme Court because I think this one will lose," Robertson told viewers of CBN's "The 700 Club" on Wednesday.

"God bless them, they're trying to do something," he said of Alabama legislators. Speaking before Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R) signed the bill into law, Robertson said it would be "ill-considered," though he also denounced the Roe ruling.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
That Alabama is an open carry state just makes the whole "human life protection" veneer all the more hypocritical