• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
32% of children in the state don't have access to healthcare, and has one of the worst infant mortality rates in the country.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Wait how are these people not bringing the same energy to Medicare for all?

Also this is the shit that you get with a competent person in office. Trump is dumb but those underneath him aren't and they have a strategy to get what they want.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

H0tPsQB.png

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Here's how it works in GA -

If a woman decides to get an abortion and goes to another state where abortions are still legal, and then comes back to GA, she can still be tried for 2nd degree murder. She becomes a fugitive in her own home state basically. Yep.
Oh I can just imagine how ugly things will get if that actually happens.

Last edited:

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
If none of ya'll have already, donate to ACLU as they pursue fighting this back through the legal system

Then donate to Planned Parenthood

Pls n ty

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm guessing there's a warrant out for GA but you can't really tell why she left in the first place.
That's my point. How would they actually be able to implement this into practice when you have thousands of women leaving the state in the first place for a myriad of reasons. This whole thing is about the GOP appeasing their piece of shit evangelical base. They passed this law and many others like it with no long term goal on how to implement this effectively. They just assume that everything will click into place the way they want it to without any hitch whatsoever. It's about the optics, and to these dumb fucks who support bills like these, it's all about the surface level cruelty and how they can stick it to whomever their targets happen to be at the moment.

I mean, where would Georgia even have the money to invest in determining which women who have permanently left the state had done so to get an abortion? How is a state even able to do charge someone for a crime that occurs out of their jurisdiction? A state can't prosecute someone for a crime that happened in a different state. You either prosecute within the state that the crime took place, or you do so federally, if it's interstate or because it's a crime of national magnitude.

Last edited:

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that California and Alabama are parts of the same country.

Maybe it's time they weren't. This is practically a cultural divide between two entirely different nations.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think this is new for her. If I remember correctly, she had some kind of falling out with conservatives before for these same views.

yea, i think she said something like "i dont want the government to tell me what to do with my guns or my body" and the right turned on her

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In case you want an example of how strong the brainwashing is here, here's the manager of my local radio station when asked if this ban meant rape and incest victims had to carry to term:

I don't know about tubals, but yes incest and rape, full term, and praise God for it! Abortion is murder!

I'm so fucking disgusted with people here.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is new for her. If I remember correctly, she had some kind of falling out with conservatives before for these same views.

It was The Blaze (the Glenn Beck site) that I think fired her after she went on The View and said she was pro-choice. Of course at the time there were already reports that she was looking to leave that place, so it just gave them an excuse to get ahead of her leaving.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Is it wrong to feel like Dems are just taking that bait here and should kinda shut up about this? Like, Republicans "won" on this issue. We're just waiting to see what the sc does at this point. But, since they've "won", single issue pro-life voters aren't going to be motivated to care in 2020... unless Democrats make a big stink about how they have to overturn these laws and end this mess. If I'm pro-life, that's a message that gets me out to vote. Same with Trump's "they want to kill babies after their born" quote a month ago. I get the feeling the right is worried the pro-life groups might leave them and is doing everything they can to keep them angry.

I kinda wish we'd just keep our mouths shut while this loves through the courts. Maybe it angers enough democratic voters to outweigh the pro-life crowd though.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it wrong to feel like Dems are just taking that bait here and should kinda shut up about this? Like, Republicans "won" on this issue. We're just waiting to see what the sc does at this point. But, since they've "won", single issue pro-life voters aren't going to be motivated to care in 2020... unless Democrats make a big stink about how they have to overturn these laws and end this mess. If I'm pro-life, that's a message that gets me out to vote. Same with Trump's "they want to kill babies after their born" quote a month ago. I get the feeling the right is worried the pro-life groups might leave them and is doing everything they can to keep them angry.

I kinda wish we'd just keep our mouths shut while this loves through the courts. Maybe it angers enough democratic voters to outweigh the pro-life crowd though.
Fuck political calculations and stand up for what's right. Dems shouldn't shut up.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

Even if you want to put aside the moral duty to speak out against this and want to talk about pure politics, the majority of Americans are against what the Republicans are doing. Both in terms of mask off misogny and the underhanded politicking with these bullshit bills that are designed solely to challenge Roe v Wade with zero consideration of the ramifications on actual people.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck political calculations and stand up for what's right. Dems shouldn't shut up.
Seriously, political calculations should be out the fucking window at this point. People everywhere need to strongly stand up for what is right. Evangelical facism is on the rise and it's terrifying, and people don't seem to notice this.

Psykoboy2

Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
I talk with some of the people who are part of the Yellowhammer Fund here in the state - it's an organization that helps funding for anyone seeking care at one of Alabama's three abortion clinics.

One of those three clinics happens to be right here where I live. Next to the clinic is something called "The POWER House". They provide help, care, and safety for those in need of the clinic next door. The PH is nonprofit and only survives on donations and grants. I don't have to tell you based on the location how tough it is to get funding.

That has all changed due to the publicity of this bill. In just a little more than 72 hours they'd seen donations reach into the MILLIONS. An amount none of these people who volunteer had ever seen before - never thought they would see. This amount and these continuing donations will see that the PH can continue it's service. Not only that, the people who run the PH will now buy it outright instead of having to pay the rent. They will also make massive and much needed improvements (that house is OLD as fuck) and will also apply to have it on the historical registry.

This means it will never be taken away from them. And will continue to provide its services to the women of Alabama who need it and the clinic next door.

So yeah, this bill is absolute trash and it won't ever become law - not in the way it currently is written, but in trying to kill the monster, as they see it, they only made it stronger.