• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii
Bring the heat Mueller, sink these fuckers.

Though in truth, I don't believe this will amount to much at all, it won't touch the Tangerine-Toddler-In-Chief, and he'll immediately pardon anyone significant anyway.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bring the heat Mueller, sink these fuckers.

Though in truth, I don't believe this will amount to much at all, it won't touch the Tangerine-Toddler-In-Chief, and he'll immediately pardon anyone significant anyway.

Pardoning them would remove their ability to plead the fifth though, no chance at being arrested means no way to incriminate themselves. I don't think they'll be handed out left and right.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On a story this big, I don't think the press can necessarily be trusted. They rarely screw up as big as I suspect they may have screwed up here, but it does occasionally happen. I keep looking, but the harder I look the less is there.

I swear, everyone says this exact thing every time there is a leak, and it never pans out to be true. Almost every leak from the Administration and the Russia investigation has ended up true except for a minor piece in the Times and that one report from CNN back a few months ago. It's like some of you are totally unaware of how vetted these major news organizations are. They don't just talk to some dude on the street.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
It's maddening to see Trump and co. successfully claiming the term fake news to use against actual, legitimate news outlets while peddling lies and fabricated news and shopped pictures.

I hope that this really is the beginning of the end, the attention span of the voting public is not that great and every hour Trump hurts international relations, the environment and common decency. Sigh.

Alternade

Oct 27, 2017
judge-judy-hurry-up-Emg9qPKR5hquI

Where are my perp walks????

Namiks

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's maddening to see Trump and co. successfully claiming the term fake news to use against actual, legitimate news outlets while peddling lies and fabricated news and shopped pictures.

I hope that this really is the beginning of the end, the attention span of the voting public is not that great and every hour Trump hurts international relations, the environment and common decency. Sigh.

It's scary how easy it is for someone with power to just claim everything against them and their agenda is fake.

Even when the truth is right there for all to see; once a person has a following and power, it makes them nearly untouchable.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
It's scary how easy it is for someone with power to just claim everything against them and their agenda is fake.

Even when the truth is right there for all to see; once a person has a following and power, it makes them nearly untouchable.

It's a Brave New (post-facts) World for way too many Western voters.

At least Front Nationale couldn't lead France into Frexit and the AfD was mostly contained in Germany...no Freedomz or especially glutinous cakes to sell here.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping with Trump making a big fuss on Twitter that it's a sign that at least 1 person in trouble is a big name important person. Then again, Trump makes a big fuss about anything...

Namiks

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's a Brave New (post-facts) World for way too many Western voters.

At least Front Nationale couldn't lead France into Frexit and the AfD was mostly contained in Germany...no Freedomz or especially glutinous cakes to sell here.

I'm in the UK, and people have always had this relatively right-wing mentality, but it's just so strange seeing them take such dangerous actions and push such freedom-restricting agendas.

I'm hoping for the entire world's sake that this investigation reveals enough to set some things back in place, even if it's at the pacing of a snail.

NightMarcher

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hawaii

It's truly remarkable to witness, and would be fascinating if it weren't so damn terrifying. I'd love to read some studies examining the psychology of those who actually believe this conman and his minions.

Bran Van

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

He is clever in this way. I expect this will evolve over the next few years

"Fake news"
"Fake FBI"
"Fake lawyers"
"Fake prison"

etc.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
I woke up this morning super excited. My account got approved and somebody going to jail. I hope its Kushner, Manafort and Flynn. I think Mueller has all 3 dead to rights on various charges.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this is something big and Trump has a public meltdown, not just his usual rambling and stupidity.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
"We of the Independent Russian Collusion Investigation Committee recommend charges for... The Entire Trump Administration!"

"And there you have it! The Mueller Commission, pulling a fast one, has nominated the entire White House for indictment!"

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea who is getting charged?

Flynn JR layered up hard is all I know.
Manafort is the most likely. Maybe Flynn, as well. And it may not even happen today. Could be later this week (although, I wonder why Mueller would wait...). Kushner and Don Jr. being charged would be amazing, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

JORMBO

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The articles I read said the announcement "could be as early as Monday". Is it happening today for sure?

NotGreatBob

Oct 25, 2017

BankaiZaraki

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Waiting anxiously to see who's screwed today! And of course Trumps epic Twitter meltdown that will happen as a result.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
According to Preet Bharara, it's Mueller's goal to get Trump shook and see how he reacts. If I had to guess, I would say it's going to be someone significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.