• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
What an unfortunate coincidence.

(I'll admit. The Yoshi not paying taxes meme is kinda funny. Tho over used.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
I've been building a case against this scoundrel for years; I'm glad I can finally put the nail into this cold, scam artist's coffin.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
People don't know this but Yoshi is actually the villain in his games.
Baby Bowser and Kamek are actually IRS agents

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have so many questions.

What is Fortune Street?

And since when is Yoshi not paying taxes some kind of joke/meme?
It's Square-Enix's digital board game about property and investment, think Monopoly. The Wii version is the only installment of the series to come West, and it was a relatively obscure title at that.

I have no idea when Yoshi committing tax fraud became a thing, but it's definitely a thing.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Fortune Street is the shit, but I've not played enough to see this scene before. Absolutely brilliant!

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What is Fortune Street?

MArio Party Monopoly

maxresdefault.jpg

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Even more telling is that this is a Square Enix game. Nintendo has been covering up for its star for years. But everyone else in the industry knows.
Friendly Reminder: Always pay your federal income taxes, on time and in full. The IRS is the most relentess government agency in the world. They will never give up, and they will always, always get you in the end :)

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The diabolical motherfucker was hiding in plain sight the whole time

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

What is Fortune Street?

It's kind of monopoly, and originated as a minigame in Dragon Quest 3. It ended up being popular enough to spin into its own franchise, which has had a fair few releases. Most recently, the Japan only DQ x FF crossover:

itadaki-street-dragon-quest-final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-491655.12.jpg

MArio Party Monopoly

maxresdefault.jpg
2/12 games have Nintendo characters.

Isotope

Nov 7, 2017
A great reminder that Supper Mario Broth is one of the best accounts to follow on Twitter.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Even more telling is that this is a Square Enix game. Nintendo has been covering up for its star for years. But everyone else in the industry knows.
Friendly Reminder: Always pay your federal income taxes, on time and in full. The IRS is the most relentess government agency in the world. They will never give up, and they will always, always get you in the end :)
d3bcCmI.jpg

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
You're all going after Yoshi but personally I'd like to see what Peach and Bowser are actually declaring on their tax forms.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017

What is Fortune Street?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortune_Street

AKA Itadaki Street/Boom Street

Long-running game series, Monopoly-like, often featuring Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters. The Wii entry included Mario characters and is the only one localized in the West. The DS entry also had Mario characters, but wasn't localized.

EDIT: I guess one of the mobile entries also counts as being localized, but eh...