• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
War is unpopular here in the States right now on both sides nowadays, right? The cost comes at a high price for taxpayers - and correct me if I'm wrong - but weren't the main profiteers of the Iraq war, military institutions and China? Did the US ever make any use of the oil in Iraq? It seems to me that most R's and D's both think the Iraq war was a mistake. If those factors are true, I don't see how this would be a net gain for the US at all. Trump, of course, is highly unpredictable so I can't really say what's likely to happen, but it also seems like Iran is thinking that the US doesn't have the resolve to invade them, if they are willing to take part in petty attacks like this.

Please correct me if I'm totally wrong here.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it bad Shanahan was removed, in regards to the Iran situation. Since now there is no defense secretary so the pentagon can be push to the side by the more war hawk people like Bolton.