• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png
perfect

Oct 27, 2017
It is really strange that post-me too people haven't asked all these Polanski supporting actors/directors about him. Especially people like Streep and Scorsese

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why hasn't every interview done with these actors had the question, "why did you support Polanski even after being convicted of rape? Do you still support him?"
I just wish somebody had the guts

it's not even like he denies it. In fact, he brags about it -- he just thinks a 13 year old can consent. The craziest part though is his flight is entirely based on what amounts to a rumor that the judge wasn't satisfied with the psych report -- not anything the judge actually did to him

Hopefully this will make something happen
Realistically, what could happen at this point? He's nearing the end of his life, yet he continued making films for decades and has won several awards for them, he's lived happily surrounded by family who have also been rather successful in their careers, and, even if they're not as loud about it these days in the wake of #MeToo, he still has powerful supporters out and about.

Honestly, the focus should go more on the folks that continue to support and work with him. I'm sure someone interviewing Scorsese would have gotten him to walk out on an interview that would have been otherwise about The Irishman, but I feel like the more you put them in the spotlight, the more people actually get to be aware of what actually happened and why, even if you're someone that believes he continued making great films since his fleeing from justice, you feel that's enough to look the other way. Even if they hide behind his various life tragedies, get them talking about it and they may actually have to confront the issue in a way that doesn't hold up to the former scrutiny. Yeah, he did make some great films, but that's not enough; it was never enough.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
really shows Repulsion in a new light after more news comes out about this dude :/

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is merely one more highly credible, clearly true accusation. This piece of shit already has multiple besides the one he was convicted for. So many people raped who would not have been were justice done the first time they caught him.

I'll never forgive anyone who defended this piece of shit. It's a huge roster of people who willfully, with full knowledge, defended a child rapist; a serial rapist; a fugitive from justice, deliberately evading the law. They feted him; they wrote long articles insulting the people who wouldn't "forgive" this rapist, as though we were the ones doing something wrong.

The list is long. Roger Ebert. David Lynch. Martin Scorcese. On and on.

This piece of shit is a symbol of the male privilege to rape with impunity. That's why they defended him, because they agree with that. All of the children's and all of the women's lives shattered; it means nothing to them in the face of this privilege. This piece of shit got his millions to make his films, to live in luxury with a trail of his heinous crimes. He is feted by critics, receiving honours and applause while his victims suffer. Adults, officials, sat in offices and decided to let him go, that it was fine. It's no coincidence there is a serial rapist as US president currently.

I'll never forgive.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have actors ever explained why they support him, do they think it's not true or is that separate the artist from rape ?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Have actors ever explained why they support him, do they think it's not true or is that separate the artist from rape ?

he's well respected for his craft and people tend to overlook (or disturbingly even sometimes romanticize) the flaws of a "tortured artist" type, and I think there is also a sentiment in Hollywood to give him a "pass" over what happened to Sharon Tate.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
WTF? And Jeff Goldblum defended this guy recently, right? Just WTF? And IIRC, this wasn't his only dirty dead, correct? And goddammit, Jack Nicholson too?

And I see what this Simpsons clip was referring to.

Last edited:

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
I love how confused Nicholas Cage is in that gif, he's just looking around like "What, really? We're doing this?".

he's well respected for his craft and people tend to overlook (or disturbingly even sometimes romanticize) the flaws of a "tortured artist" type, and I think there is also a sentiment in Hollywood to give him a "pass" over what happened to Sharon Tate.
That, and surviving the Holocaust while most of his family was wiped out. It's understandable why folks are willing to give him some sympathy, but sympathy isn't an excuse.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Fucking disgusting sycophants. 🤮 Clapping like fucking trained seals.

Polanski is scum. Period. I don't care how talented and reknowned you are. The people that downplay this shit and make excuses are getting a big fucking side eye from me also.

I hope this guy gets his comeuppance, but at this point, I doubt it.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
you guys should take a look at his supporters.... its a staggering list. harrison ford is on it. depressing

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame this guy hasn't been totally shunned, he still wins awards from time to time and I hope this new allegation serves as a reminder that Roman is probably not a person worth awarding.

So now is he worse than Kojima?

Did he rape someone? I've not followed recent news but I am guessing something happened?

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Harrison Ford is the one who went and picked up his oscar for him, ffs.

This is an inaccurate description of the situation. Harrison Ford announced the Best Director category that year, including all nominees as well as the name in the envelope. Polanski was the winner, so Ford gave the usual "accept the award on his behalf" comment that is standard when the winner isn't present.

PHOENIXZERO

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How many is that now? Five? Six? I've lost count. There's of course Samantha Geimer, Marianne Barnard (who, accused him of molesting her when she was ten, also in 1975), others I'm forgetting and now this one.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is an inaccurate description of the situation. Harrison Ford announced the Best Director category that year, including all nominees as well as the name in the envelope. Polanski was the winner, so Ford gave the usual "accept the award on his behalf" comment that is standard when the winner isn't present.
Don't try to excuse Ford. What I said is exactly what he did. He's a friend of Polanski and worked with him on one of his films in 1988. He presented the award to him at a public ceremony in France. He didn't need to do that as the one who happened to announce the category; he wanted to, because they are friends and he supports Polanski. (He also later signed the infamous petition when Polanski was arrested).

So, yes, he literally went and picked up his oscar for him then literally handed it to him in France because Polanski can't go to the US to get it himself without being arrested for raping a child. Would you do that for someone? Do you think it's laudable?

Harrison Ford fulfilled a promise this weekend as he handed the best director Oscar to Roman Polanski.

The action star, who was the presenter of the award at this year's Oscar ceremony pledged then to hand over the statuette to Polanski, who won the award for The Pianist. Polanski, of course, has not entered the US for 25 years, following his conviction on a sexual assault charge.

Ford and Polanski met at the Festival of American Film in Deauville, France.

Last edited:

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Just Imagine of the ones we don't know about.

As a director I love his work but because he is a piece of shit I'm not going to watch them any more or support anything he does.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
To surprise of nobody. Filthy piece of shit.

This guys did my favorite movie. The fucking ashole.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Hell I'm glad at least a few people do remember. The guy shouldn't even have the cache to step out of his house let alone be employed by studios to continue to be involved & celebrated in the industry. Any actor that praises or works with him in the future no longer has any excuse. Choosing to work with him is tacit enabling of this fucking monster.