• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Here's the deal: This week Viriginia governor Ralph Northam enraged pro-life activists by supporting a proposed abortion law. They obviously retaliated by digging through his life... and they hit the mother lode.

It's not yet known which man is Northam, though I'd guess the blackface because he matches proportionally.

He should resign, and LG Justin Fairfax should be governor. Full stop.

There's an army picture, too:
DyWsmAaXcAAz88v.png

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Retire bitch

A photo from Gov. Ralph Northam's medical school yearbook shows two men, one in blackface and one in a Ku Klux Klan robe and hood, on the same page as the governor.

The photo, which The Virginian-Pilot obtained a copy of Friday from the Eastern Virginia Medical School library, comes from the 1984 yearbook, the year Northam graduated.

On the half-page set aside for Northam, there is a headshot of him in a jacket and tie, a photo of him in a cowboy hat and boots and a third of him sitting casually on the ground, leaning against a convertible.

The fourth photo on the half-page has two people, one wearing white Ku Klux Klan robes and a hood, the other with his face painted black. The person with the black face is also wearing a white hat, black jacket, white shirt with a bow tie and plaid pants. Both are holding canned drinks.

It's unclear who the people in costume are.

The governor's office did not immediately respond to requests for comment Friday afternoon.

5c54b387083d4.image.jpg

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.

I gotta say though, the thought of his crisis PR team desperately trying to figure out which one to claim he was amuses me.

OP
OP
Autodidact

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
As horrible as this is, there's a bit of irony: he'll be replaced by his progressive black lieutenant governor who will help to defuse the incident and boost us in the state legislative elections later this year.

So the pro-lifers owned the libs by helping us drop someone with a racist past and leaving us in a stronger position.

derder

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sweet christ, don't even let the dude apologize. Just give him a cardboard box and ask for his badge.

keyzz

Dec 12, 2018
I'm all for proper action being taken here, and this man resigning from his position. Just frustrating, as was Franken, that Democrats have some sense of dignity and responsibility in these situations and conservatives just shrug these off and keep going

Jul 18, 2018
User Warned: stereotyping the population of an entire state.
Outside of North Virginia....its pretty much Alabama. So expect that type of racism to exist there

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That is a personal page, so i bet he is either in the makeup or under the hood

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, just gladly attending a party where someone is gleefully wearing a KKK outfit and you're happy to take a picture with them is bad enough, let alone the blackface shit.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I was definitely confused by the title how he could've been either, like, how could you not know if he was in blackface or a KKK hood.

Was it a hazing? People do stupid shit in college, especially in the 80's.

Edit:
As horrible as this is, there's a bit of irony: he'll be replaced by his progressive black lieutenant governor who will help to defuse the incident and boost us in the state legislative elections later this year.

So the pro-lifers owned the libs by helping us drop someone with a racist past and leaving us in a stronger position.

Nice. Lol.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
He needs to go if it's him, either one.

Aside: how did no one find this until now?

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
How is that in a yearbook. I read that this was dug up in response to his stance on abortion which is just crazy.

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew I was right to support Perriello, seems I have good political instincts so far. Like damn...

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We knew his wife helped pull him way to the left after they got married but jesus.

Obviously barring this somehow being two other dudes he obviously needs to resign. Which....allows Justin Fairfax to run for reelection in 2021 skirting VA's no consecutive term rules. GOP getting mad over abortion and not saving this for the fall 2019 elections is a silver lining here.

This one hurts more than Franken cause he's been so effective at using leverage against the GOP here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
even if he isn't one of the two, which i doubt, having this shit on his page is explicit endorsement of racism. Get him out of here

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Like, he went FULL blackface with the outfit and everything if is on the left.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think he'll be forced to resign.

I think he probably should, but I think if he chooses to, he'll be able to weather this.

Edit: Just in case there was any doubt, I'm not defending this transparently racist act, I'm just saying that it's 2019 and expected standards of people holding public office are kind of at an all time low. People will shrug it off as a youthful indiscretion from 35 years ago.