• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Update:

It may be a 30FPS/60FPS Vsync bug.

--------------

The top one shows the Switch edition. The bottom one shows the PS4 edition. The Xbox and PC versions are the same as PS4 version.

I'm sure it will be addressed in the future.

Lock me if inappropriate. Thank you.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that the animation of the girl jumping up and down was probably made exclusively for the physics so it looks weird without them.
I'm not entirely sure why it's missing from the PS4 and Xbox One versions since I don't think it's disallowed and it shouldn't affect the ESRB rating.

But it probably would've been better to not make animations focusing on that in the first place.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I guess perfect for Switch just got a whole different meaning.

Serious post, thats odd

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I feel we were sent to a parallel dimension where Sony is now the Prude company and Nintendo is the one allowed companies fly how they please.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
.. But there's "breast physics" in the second video? Just way less exaggerated, which makes it more realistic than what's in the first video.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
How does that happen?

Nobody's been posting about it because the other games affected have had their discussions banned (I have my issues with the whole banned games thing on ERA, and how the list was brought over in the first place, but that's not really here nor there)

Essentially - there's a new Sony policy that's affecting both localized games and game releases in Japan. Just the other day a VN was reported as receiving some rather heavy alterations for the PS4 release. The Switch version was the same as a previous Vita release from a few years back, and remained much less altered compared to the PS4 version.

Make of this what you will. For what it's worth, the VN that was most recently altered is pretty tame... so it's not just stuff like the first two games getting hit.

EDIT: As for why only the Switch version is different here, well... IIRC Xbox and PC versions of KT games are usually based off of the PS4 version after the fact. Since the PS4 version was already changed for Japan, they probably thought the edited animations would better fit a western audience.

NVM, sounds like it's a bug in this case?

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
This recent trend of the switch having things that are lewder then other consoles is super bizarre

Drelkag

Oct 25, 2017
That's a surprise. Wonder how they came about deciding on Switch of all platforms for the breast physics.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
It looks like The PC/Xbox versions also do not have breast physics as apparently those versions were ported from the PS version.

Most interesting.

Sony has been on quite the streak of toning down fan service as much as possible lately.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Despite Sony's dumb new policy I doubt it has anything to do with it. Very much seems like a weird bug.

If SK that required a mode to be removed retained its silly breast physics I cannot imagine something like this being due to this policy.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm unsure if it's intentional or a bug, but it's weird either way.
I feel we were sent to a parallel dimension where Sony is now the Prude company and Nintendo is the one allowed companies fly how they please.
People often cite pre-ESRB era with Nintendo's heavy-handedness of their guidelines and policies and often tend to ignore post-ESRB and how Nintendo has been totally hands off since then.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017

people are speculatin it's a physics bug because the other versions run at 60fps, except for the switch.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
.. But there's "breast physics" in the second video? Just way less exaggerated, which makes it more realistic than what's in the first video.
Sorry about the awkward talk here but I'd say that the first video is the most realistic one unless the girl has really stiff implants and a sturdy sport bra under that flimsy dress, I'm actually impressed by the physics this time, which I rarely am.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Sorry about the awkward talk here but I'd say that the first video is the most realistic one unless the girl has really stiff implants and a sturdy sport bra under that flimsy dress, I'm actually impressed by the physics this time, which I rarely am.
And I'd say you are wrong - the first video would hurt like fuck.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I'm unsure if it's intentional or a bug, but it's weird either way.

People often cite pre-ESRB era with Nintendo's heavy-handedness of their guidelines and policies and often tend to ignore post-ESRB and how Nintendo has been totally hands off since then.
Yeah, their have never been a case where Nintendo stopped a game from being release after it was rated. Sony has this year for a couple of games, even when the games where in the printing process.

RPGamer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that the animation of the girl jumping up and down was probably made exclusively for the physics so it looks weird without them.
I'm not entirely sure why it's missing from the PS4 and Xbox One versions since I don't think it's disallowed and it shouldn't affect the ESRB rating.

But it probably would've been better to not make animations focusing on that in the first place.

Sony seems a bit more restrictive in the last months.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
If it's a bug, hopefully it gets patched (there are sure to be tons of updates since this will likely have a ton of doc weapons, stages, and costumes). If it's a Sony thing, then hopefully Xbox/PC get a patch still to correct it.