• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
time to start breath of fire 2, get bored around Tunlan, and drop it for 5 years

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
giphy-2gvkit.gif

That slow drip.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't BOF2 like horribly translated?

Excited to try out SF 2 though...oh and playing the OG Superstar is always cool.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So, the only SNES games left from the original leaked list are:
  • Contra 3
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Super Mario All-Stars

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Games like Star Fox 2 were actually datamined a looooooooong time ago

Super Mario Kart
Super Soccer
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Demon's Crest
Yoshi's Island
Stunt Race FX
Kirby's Dream Course
Pop'n Twinbee
Star Fox
Contra 3
Kirby Super Star
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Pilotwings
F-ZERO
Star Fox 2 (lol)
Super Punch-Out!!
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Super Mario All-Stars
Breath of Fire 2

Can someone check and see how many of these games are confirmed/available on the service right now?

EDIT: oh mondomega's post has it, thanks

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Ah shit yeah, I'll totally replay Kirby. And maybe finally beat Super Punch Out.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hell freaking yes!

The main favorites of mine still missing are Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, and the Square Enix games. Otherwise this selection is already damn near perfect.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Looks good. Hoping for Donkey kong country at somepoint cause my kid keeps asking for these DK games.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We didn't get a game in 3 months right? So now we get a 6 game dump every 3 months?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
It's so funny how these videos used to be bombarded with dislikes. Is SNES games really a gamechanger?
....yes... ?

We didn't get a game in 3 months right? So now we get a 6 game dump every 3 months?
They launched the Snes service with quite a few games - no one was expecting them to follow up with a big drop soon after.

There is no rhyme or reason behind their release schedule as of now. It's just the first update we have gotten.

Oct 25, 2017
Yooo Journey to Silius?! Talk about a deep cut.
Kirby Super Star and Star Fox 2 are amazing to see too. I want to be excited for Breath of Fire 2, but it has a notoriously bad translation that hampers the experience...
Crystalis looks really good though. Vintage action RPG similar to oldschool Falcom.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's so funny how these videos used to be bombarded with dislikes. Is SNES games really a gamechanger?
SNES games having a longer shelf life and just a more concentrated selection. We got those NES games more frequently sure, but ultimately it feels like we're getting a better deal than we used to given the overall game quality.

Yeah these are great but DKC2 and Chrono are what I want the most. Chrono will probably never happen but Nintendo can probably give us that DK love.
I'd expect at least one Square game, FFVI made it onto the SNES Classic.