• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Different selection in Japan

They got Famicon wars! Which is completely unplayable if you don't read Japanese so makes sense, and I don't recognize the fourth title
So, the only SNES games left from the original leaked list are:
  • Contra 3
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Super Mario All-Stars

can't wait for some Goemon action, also I'd say crystalis proves Contra is still on the table as both are in collections

well I was right we got an update this month! Could be a shorter wait till the next batch though as there's an empty month sooner and we could see a direct tiein

now to go back and finish breath of fire 1 so in ready for 2

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Just to clarify about that leaked list; we've already gotten multiple games that weren't on it, so they aren't necessarily guaranteed to be next.

Yes, so hopefully American/European fans can stop complaining.
Hey, I have the English and Japanese apps downloaded anyway; not much of an issue, just funny to point out.

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
They got Famicon wars! Which is completely unplayable if you don't read Japanese so makes sense, and I don't recognize the fourth title

can't wait for some Goemon action, also I'd say crystalis proves Contra is still on the table as both are in collections

well I was right we got an update this month! Could be a shorter wait till the next batch though as there's an empty month sooner and we could see a direct tiein

now to go back and finish breath of fire 1 so in ready for 2

Fourth title (according to Twitter) is Route 16 Turbo.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
If this could be the monthly drop, I'd be really happy. Still, I'm excited to play Kirby Super Star again, and I've never played Crystialis before. Star Fox 2 is very impressive for SNES, not the best game, but great to play for its historic value.

I'm excited. Keep it up, Nintendo. KEEP. IT. UP. THIS. TIME.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
12/12... so same day as the Keighleys?

tenor.gif

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Really strange to see the game from the SNK collection on it, figured things companies were trying to sell in their own stuff with would be a no-no.

I was hoping for a DKC game personally. :( None of those interest me other than Punch Out!!

Greenzxy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The retranslation rom patch makes breath of fire 2 one of the best RPGs on the SNES imo. Too bad we're getting the ol' mistranslated vanilla version.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
And no, I seriously doubt a bunch of SNES games have anything to with the TGAS.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
all good choices, Silius is probably the weakest but I have a soft spot for it - it was originally a Terminator game, would have been better remembered if they had been able to keep the licence.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
By the way, Japan is getting a slightly different set of games, they're getting 4 instead of 6, two for Super Famicom and two for Famicom. They're not getting Breath of Fire II nor Super Punch-Out, Famicom is getting Famicom Wars and Route-16 Turbo.

Their Famicom controllers are also 40% off. Still wish I could get a set of those for reasonable price.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Super Punchout is a godsend but I can't say the rest excites me all that much. I need my Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
BoFII is incredible. Probably my fav rpg on snes along with Tactics Ogre.

Tho the gba port is a lot better.

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
I guess they are doing this between black and Friday and Christmas so that all the new switch owners have further incentive to buy NSO

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Actually a great update, wow. Good to know they aren't keeping Star Fox 2 locked to the SNES Mini. There's hope for Earthbound Beginnings yet.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That none of the Donkey Kong Country games are on the service continues to be incredibly disappointing.

Otherwise this is a good lineup of new games.