• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019

edit:
By the way, Japan is getting a slightly different set of games, they're getting 4 instead of 6, two for Super Famicom and two for Famicom. They're not getting Breath of Fire II nor Super Punch-Out, Famicom is getting Famicom Wars and Route-16 Turbo.

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah Kirby Super Star

A little surprised there aren't any sp versions of the first batch of games

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No Donkey Kong Country is perplexing. Not a bad selection otherwise, Star Fox 2 especially since that was locked away for the SNES Classic. Could've used a couple more if we're gonna be waiting another two-three months though.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
KSS and Star Fox 2?

That's pretty amazing, especially SF2. Dont gotta buy a SNES Classic anymore.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
DKC would be amazing, and there's less here than I had hoped, after such a wait, but we do have quite a lot of titles already. Excited about all of these though, Especially Kirby.

that being said I reaaaally want Earthbound and Super Mario RPG

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Very nice that Crystalis got added, now I don't have to buy the SNK 40th Anniversary collection to play it.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Woah, that's a pretty good selection! :o

Also, Capcom allowing both BoF games here instead of packing them into a collection shows how little they care about the series

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Some great games. Breath of Fire II is a great game if you can get pass it janky translation. Which probably due to that translation it got away with some stuff that was disallowed by NoA.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally a way to get Starfox 2 without a SNES Classic, nice.

Also put Gimmick! on NES online you cowards.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Ey, finally. Crystalis is a good NES pick; and all of those SNES games are good.

Can't wait to replay Kirby Super Star! Does my avatar give my bias away?

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Fuck yeah solid list

I'll continue playing BoF2's superior updated translation on my SNES Classic tho

OP
OP

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Sincere thanks to the mod that gave me Xavi's title in the merge, solved two birds with one stone I suppose

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Aw yiss

I only ever played the gameboy port way back when as a rental so I'm excited to give Crystalis a shot.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Best NES game coming to Switch, fucking hype

Crystalis-Title-10.GIF

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
A nice, sizable update with some decent variety. Looking forward to my 5th playthrough of Super Star because I need help

(Also, I like the fact we're moving towards the more obscure part of the NES library. Journey to Silius looks interesting.)

logash

Oct 27, 2017
6 games? Wasn't SNES games added in September? You think they just got tired of people complaining about the selection so they decided it was best to add 6 games every 3 months instead of 2 games every month so it looks better?