• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Direct sequels are rare in Zelda titles, but Aonuma saw something special about Breath of the Wild and wanted to create a new experience. "One of the reasons we wanted to create a continuation was because I wanted to revisit that Hyrule again and use that world again, while incorporating new gameplay and new story," he says.

SOURCE

This kind of deflates my hype, unless the "new gameplay" is like a Dark World that completely recontextualizes the map.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully with the emphasis on the story, if it's gonna be so bare-bones as in OG BotW I'm gonna be very disappointed considering the re-use (to some degree probably) of BotW Hyrule.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't use quotation marks when Aonuma doesnt say that.

Breath of the Wild 2 "revisit that Hyrule again", not "the same Hyrule".

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Perfect, loved the Hyrule they crafted and hopefully we get a quicker turnaround if they use similar assets and engine, etc.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Hold on to your hype, we've seen absolutely nothing from this game so far.

I believe they will update and flesh this world out with so much more life and love. I'm really excited for it.

It's also possible to revisit a past version of the world before so much was in ruin, or perhaps a time skip to a new future where it's much more rebuilt.

I doubt the creators want to bore you with combing through the same exact world that you played through in BotW. There will definitely be changes to freshen the experience.

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Yeah I feel like it'll be ok as long as the stuff that's on the map is sufficiently different. It would be nice if people are rebuilding and the towns are bigger, or different, or some are gone or something. Or if there's an underdark-type area or something, or Dark World.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I wanted them to visit a different location honestly.
But remixed enough and it could be really interesting.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
There will most certainly be major differences but yeah it seems like it'll use the same general layout.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
The old map is obviously going to change. The Castle area alone is definitely not gonna be the same, and I'd bet other areas will suffer similar fates since who knows how vast that underground network truly is

And they could very well expand some of the map boundaries too (like towards the West)

Nov 2, 2017
Ok but only if they pull a Saints Row 2 and revamp Hyrule with an added underground mall and trailer park and giant secret underground base run by an evil corporation.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The world is so broad and expansive that tweaking a few systems and re-contextualizing both the story and world might be enough to make it feel like an entirely new thing. I don't really see a reason to not be excited by the promise of this.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
What I expected, and still disappointing. The shot in the trailer of the castle rumbling does give me some hope that there will be some sort of major geography-altering event before the game begins though.

If everything is in the same spot or the terrain in roughly the same then that is a major blow for me. Exploring a massive new land was my #1 most wanted thing from the next installment and I can't help but feel that this takes away from it a bit.

Last edited:

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
You don't use quotation marks when Aonuma doesnt say that.

Breath of the Wild 2 "revisit that Hyrule again", not "the same Hyrule".
Er, the wording is:

"One of the reasons we wanted to create a continuation was because I wanted to revisit that Hyrule again and use that world again, while incorporating new gameplay and new story"

(emphasis mine)

It's pretty clearly going to be the same Hyrule.

---

Cautious about this--exploring a new world was basically the entire point of Breath of the Wild, just reusing the same world doesn't sound very fun.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I had always imagined that if there was ever a sequel that used the 'same' map, it might take place hundreds of years before or after where half the world isn't destroyed

YourBuddy

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully that means the waiting period will be somewhat reduced also it's smart to build on the massive foundation that is BOTW.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're reading too literally into world as in map rather than that universe.
Hopefully this is it, yeah.
I trust Aonuma at this point. 0% chance it will be literally the exact same map with the same things in it.
I just don't want it to be the same map, even if it has new things in it. I spent close to 200 hours scouring that map. I know it like the back of my hand. How can there be a wonder of discovery if I already know the lay of the land?

Cubehead

May 31, 2018
The same Hyrule can imply the same universe, the same part of the timeline, without implying the same exact place.
I mean, the castle litterally takes off.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that was assumed. It looked like they showed off Hyrule from the first one.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is a pretty liberal way to interpret a comment that itself isn't entirely clear and which was translated from another language to begin with.
I'm not going to jump to conclusions here based on such little information. I remember when people thought BoTW had no towns and NPCs. When people thought Odyssey was an auto runner, and when prople thought New Donk was a hub world. When people thought that Smash was a Wii U port. And how convinced some were, based on how little proof and info

Last edited:

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
They're definitely gonna remix the shit out of it. Can't wait. Especially with how the NPCs will be changed.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually excited for this. Judging from the castle rising up from underground in the trailer, it might be safe to assume that BOTW2 is gonna have a focus on underground exploration. They can do a lot with that (and hopefully include large, more traditional Zelda dungeons)

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
Cool. I hope that they fill the world with more structures and things to do this time around. BotW was fun, but also very empty.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they end the trailer with the castle coming out of the ground

it'll be the "same" hyrule but not the same hyrule

Oct 26, 2017
Great news!!!

They are expanding in that world and probably, hopefully making it very dark!

New areas.
New enemies.
New secrets.
Dungeons.
New awesome gear.

Whoooooooo im hyped as fuck

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Er, the wording is:

"One of the reasons we wanted to create a continuation was because I wanted to revisit that Hyrule again and use that world again, while incorporating new gameplay and new story"

(emphasis mine)

It's pretty clearly going to be the same Hyrule.

---

Cautious about this--exploring a new world was basically the entire point of Breath of the Wild, just reusing the same world doesn't sound very fun.

The thread title is factually wrong. You just don't use quotation marks when it's not the exact same quote. He says "that hyrule" and not "the same hyrule".

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_olnh3gZmPk1uijsn1o1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.