• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Even if the overworld was hypothetically 1:1 with BotW (quite doubtful tbh), there is still so much that they can do to keep it fresh.
  1. As others have said, I do believe we will also be going under ground if that teaser was any indication. (For all we know there could underwater segments too.) Imagine if this was a hypothetical Super Metroid to Metroid 1, a much more expansive world?
  2. Not to mention they may have the world looking far more lively since they will be going through a period where Ganon has been (temporarily) defeated. New shrines and bigger/more dungeons?
  3. The story will likely be taking a bigger role going by Nintendo's comments over it being even darker than Majora's Mask.
Don't think we have much of a reason to worry yet.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This could be the first time a subsequent mainline Zelda title is set in Hyrule again.

Unless you count Wind Waker but that was flooded Hyrule and doesn't count.

Hyrule - Termina - Ocean - Hyrule - Skyloft - Hyrule - Hyrule?

Not counting the handheld games it's:

Hyrule, Hyrule, Hyrule, Hyrule, Termina, Hyrule (sea), Hyrule, Hyrule (before it became Hyrule), Hyrule, Hyrule (BotW2)

So yeeeah, not quite the first time. I count exactly one mainline game NOT set there (even if it hasn't always looked the same every time).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Would you want torch light darkness literally the whole game though? I don't.

Why in the world would the whole game be "torch light darkness"? Are we acting like this is the first time there's freaking underground environments in Zelda?

I nominate this thread for Nintendoomed thread of the year. Some assumptions and posts here are even sillier than people believing there wouldn't be any towns in Breath of the Wild.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
The obsession with dungeons is mad.

"Here is a big wide world and you have amazing traversal capabilities"

"I want to go in a hole"

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys seriously think there arent going to be new locations? What the hell lol

I don't doubt that there will be new locations, I even suspected as much in that post with the terrain transformation. All I'm saying is that there is definitely something gone from utilizing the same map in terms of exploration. I had the same problem with A Link Between Worlds.

I'm sure it will be a great game but I'd be surprised if it captured that same sense of discovery I had when playing BotW for the first if it is the same general map. I hope I am proven wrong though.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
I don't understand how Zelda got 10 out 10s everywhere yet Nintendo can't even bother doing voice work for the game you had to read literally everything fair enough it was excusable back then but it's 2019 now even the cheaper budget open world games have voice work

Any other dev would get a shit ton of complaints for that but because it's Nintendo oh it's excusable

And now with this they will reuse the same map Ubisoft does this they rightly get called out for that shit
But Nintendo does this mmmm they will add a lot of new stuff it will be amazing 10 out 10

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
I'm fine with this being the majora of botw... But it must have some substantial implementations if it's not coming out next year? I mean botw is already two years old. I would think a 3ish year turn around wouldn't be unreasonable.

No date makes me think this could be early 2021? Which to me almost makes me want them to take more time and make it a true follow up? Idk, after botw I trust them to make the right call

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how Zelda got 10 out 10s everywhere yet Nintendo can't even bother doing voice work for the game you had to read literally everything

Any other dev would get a shit ton of complaints for that but because it's Nintendo oh it's excusable

And now with this they will reuse the same map Ubisoft does this they rightly get called out for that shit
But Nintendo does this mmmm they will add a lot of new stuff it will be amazing 10 out 10
lmao

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018

Hyrule, Hyrule, Hyrule, Hyrule, Termina, Hyrule (sea), Hyrule, Hyrule (before it became Hyrule), Hyrule, Hyrule (BotW2)

So yeeeah, not quite the first time.

I'm talking about 3D games...

Hyrule - Termina - Ocean - Hyrule - Skyloft - Hyrule

Termina is set in a parallel world, not Hyrule.

Hyrule is submerged below the waves in WW (sure some islands are from old Hyrule but it's a puuuush to say this game is set in Hyrule).

Twilight is Hyrule sure.

Skyward Sword is set in a world before the kingdom of Hyrule has been founded. I'd say this game you could argue as having been set there but personally I wouldn't agree.

Then breath of the Wild and now this game.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I don't understand how Zelda got 10 out 10s everywhere yet Nintendo can't even bother doing voice work for the game you had to read literally everything fair enough it was excusable back then but it's 2019 now even the cheaper budget open world games have voice work

This game won't get 10 out of 10s, trust me.

It'll get 11 out of 10s.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So yeeeah, not quite the first time. I count exactly one mainline game NOT set there (even if it hasn't always looked the same every time).
Hyrule, Hyrule, Hyrule, Koholint Island, Hyrule, Termina, Labrynna, Holodrum, Great Sea, Hyrule, Hyrule, Great Sea, New Hyrule, Hyrule, Hyrule, Hyrule, Hyrule (apparently)

The full series sans Four Swords/Adventures and Tri Force Heroes

Jan 3, 2018
latest

Imagine being able to fly alongside the dragons.
Imagine soaring to the peak of Death Mountain.
Imagine skimming so closely to the ocean that the water becomes disturbed beneath you.
Imagine jumping from a ledge from the floating Hyrule castle, and being caught midair by your Loftwing by using your whistle.

Nintendo pls

More thoughts:

Imagine diving from your Loftwing onto a mounted flying enemy below, which triggers you hijacking said enemy and sending it's Rider on a fateful fall.

Imagine a super secret Epona upgrade that turns her into a Pegasus.

Imagine flying Lynels.

Yep, some of this stuff I wanted Skyward Sword to have. They would have to contrive some reason for it not to break exploration/climbing though, which is probably why SS had the separation between the sky and ground sections. If you could only fly in areas you've already explored, it would work. Like you have to clear twilight mist before being able to fly.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017

BotW did have voice acting and Link's lack of voice was brought up in reviews at the time. As far as reusing assets goes it depends on how they reuse them.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Some all-timer posts in here.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like they'll be adding an underground and maybe altering some of the terrain after what ever sleeping evil awakens based on the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.