• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Bret Hart tackled by fan during WWE Hall of Fame Induction Speech (see staff post)

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Not only is the guy out on bond but his justification was "I felt it was the right time to punch Bret”??

Guy should have been roughed up some more.

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Anyone remember how much CM Punk was sued for when this happened?

He wasn't.
It wouldn't surprise me if that fan got some kind of compensation from WWE in order to avoid a lawsuit in exchange for signing an NDA. Punk punched the wrong person in retaliation for being pushed from behind, which isn't clear in that footage.

Nov 6, 2017
These types of incidents are becoming me mentally fatiguing to me. Even going through the thread is like trudging through treacle. Ultimately I just wish people were better.

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1077557-bret-hart-attacker-cops-moment

Bret Hart’s Attacker Claims ‘It Was The Right Moment’ To Cops
Zachary Maden, the unhinged fan who charged at WWE legend Bret Hart during this year’s Hall of Fame ceremony, was arraigned in court yesterday. Prosecutors claimed that he told police after the incident that he “felt like it was the right moment” to rush into the ring and tackle the cancer survivor in front of at least 100 wrestlers. The Brooklyn judge ordered police to hold Zachary on $1,500 bond after charging him with assault and criminal trespassing.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's another ass whupping to show what can happen if you're stupid enough to jump into the ring:

That's great! Triple H starts beating him and then I expected the ref to try to pull Triple H off to separate them, but instead, he starts beating on the guy as well.

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mm...PSSzBQ1VxQ2tpfd5-v9x1wXt4w_zELSIiZoTEaqDc1b_E

Guy had a protection order against him from someone else, and is an incel who kept tweet raging about the main eventers of Wrestlemania being women.

So not a fan that decided to do stupid shit, it was someone that planned an attack and carried it out.
So an even bigger piece of shit than even the people who knew he was a piece of shit and were telling people about it knew?

Wooo weee