• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You can't say you would agree most of the time. You showed your ass and you're doubling down on it. No reason to even discuss this with you as you're too bloodthirsty. Go hit a punching bag for an hour or so.

You didn't come here to discuss anything.

You came here to preen and posture and show us all how morally superior you are.

We're not impressed because again, this isn't an ethics class, it's a real situation where a helpless old man with a myriad of medical problems was attacked for no reason and the worthless fucker who did the attack got a nice, delicious heap of what he was dishing out to his victim.

I'm okay with that and if being okay with it makes me 'bloodthirsty' then so be it.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
People in this thread are acting as though the person who willingly stormed the ring and assaulted a defenseless and injured man was somehow the victim in all this and not a dangerous and unstable person. This dude got exactly what he deserved, especially when his actions might have killed Hart. Fucker was lucky he was only clocked in the face with how high emotions were running after that moment; he got off easy.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's much wiggle room in beating a restrained person. You can't just beat a person (especially a restrained person) because you believe they deserve it.
It's not like they calmly assessed the situation and came to the conclusion: "Well, he's restrained right now, but let me get a few free hits in."

Adrenaline's pumping, no one knows if Bret is okay or what fully happened yet, they just know this fucker attacked a geriatric old man and personal hero to most of them

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
The fan has been identified. Apparently his Twitter feed shows him complaing about Women main eventing WM. He's also an MMA fighter with a record of 2-1.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People in this thread are acting as though the person who willingly stormed the ring and assaulted a defenseless and injured man was somehow the victim in all this and not a dangerous and unstable person. This dude got exactly what he deserved, especially when his actions might have killed Hart. Fucker was lucky he was only clocked in the face with how high emotions were running after that moment; he got off easy.

I agree with you entirely and to be fair, MOST people in this thread agree this shitbag got precisely what he deserved.

We just happen to have a handful of individuals who want to make their moral umbrage known.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, 100%. I don't know what Hart's current condition or strength is, but physically assaulting a cancer survivor deserves this type of reaction. That seemingly basic tackle could have caused serious internal bleeding and complications. This could have been much worse. Glad to see security and the folks in the ring step up so quickly.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Dash is going to get a fucking standing ovation today at WM for clocking that psycho.

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fan run ins are serious. Didn't one have a knife on them a while back and tried to knife Dean Ambrose?

tenor.gif

Lmao, 10/10

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah this guy has his own YouTube Channel full of some ridiculous videos. Guy is a clown. Hard to fathom this guy would have been cleared or sanctioned to three MMA fights, must have been shady venues or something.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good to see Travis managing to get a W on someone that isnt a small woman.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, no.

This man attacked a helpless geriatric and they responded accordingly.

They didn't need an excuse to beat the shit out of that motherfucker.

They had a clear reason for violence and it was - in my opinion - entirely justified.
Nah, not all those guys. Every one of them tried To lay some violence on that dumb fucker. But i understand. I probably would have done the same. He certainly deserved a beating.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility/personal attack towards another member
Don't know why you guys continue to argue with subpar spatula. He is a known troll.

Dood deserved to get his ass beat, end of story.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nah, not all those guys. Every one of them tried To lay some violence on that dumb fucker. But i understand. I probably would have done the same. He certainly deserved a beating.

To be fair I think every single one of those guys has a lot of affection for Hart.

That idiot basically attacked a grandfather who had a dozen muscular fighters as grandchildren. :)

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
New Jersey, but nah, he doesn't have a case. You don't have to be security to restrain a trespasser, which he became once he crossed the barricade. Also, by buying a ticket, he agreed to a contract that protects the venue, event promoter, and staff, in situations like these. It's a common feature on event tickets nowadays specifically for this sort of reason.

He caused minor injuries to two people (Bret and a security guard), could have caused major injury or killed Bret with his actions, and it looks to me like he was fighting against restraint when they removed him from the ring. Guy is also apparently a MMA fighter (or wannabe), and seems pretty off his rocker too. IMO, that justifies any use of unarmed force required to make him remain compliant until he can be placed in cuffs or similar restraints for the safety of the staff, attendees, and his victims.

Thank god. I was worried that fuck might pull something..

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yep, 100%. I don't know what Hart's current condition or strength is, but physically assaulting a cancer survivor deserves this type of reaction. That seemingly basic tackle could have caused serious internal bleeding and complications. This could have been much worse. Glad to see security and the folks in the ring step up so quickly.
He had a stroke in 2002 from falling sideways off his bike onto grass after hitting a small hole a fall, the stroke left paralyzed the left side of his body and wheel chair bound for months. Here's an old recap of an interview he did about it.
Bret says he's had a concussion problem for a couple of years, says it put the cherry on the cake and says 2 years later he had a stroke in 2002. Opie feels that not too many people know that, Anthony asks if that was due to the kick to the head and Bret feels that they're connected. Opie asks as to how did he get the stroke and if he was at home when it happened, Bret says he was riding his bicycle and hit a little hole in the grass. He then says it was a big hole, fell off the bike sideways and landed on his head. He says for a guy making a living by landing on his head, says it was like a tiny little baby doing a head stand on the grass and it was nothing and says he didn't hurt himself, when he got the stroke.
On the hole in his neck that I mentioned in another post.
Bret says he'd compare it to someone taking a hockey stick and cracking you across the back of the neck as hard as they can. Opie asked if he broke anything or crack anything there, Bret says he had a hole in the back of the neck about the size of a quarter and says it'll never heal. Anthony says that's amazing, asked as to what move Goldberg did and how did it screw up because both of them were flinging each other like crazy. Bret says Goldberg did a mule kick, Opie asks if it cracked his skull and Bret says no it just bruised his brain big time. Norton says wrestler's got "real men injuries", says when HHH was there and talked about his calf muscle.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=33916&p=1

Like I said, Nattie being behind him probably prevented him from taking a harder fall that could've triggered a stroke and potentially killed him had he hit head or whiplashed.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
On the one hand, it probably wasn't a good idea to hit him, once he was restrained... on the other, he deserved it. I don't have much sympathy for him. Bret looked like he couldn't even brace himself.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey, but nah, he doesn't have a case. You don't have to be security to restrain a trespasser, which he became once he crossed the barricade. Also, by buying a ticket, he agreed to a contract that protects the venue, event promoter, and staff, in situations like these. It's a common feature on event tickets nowadays specifically for this sort of reason.

Wasn't it in the Barclays Center?

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair I think every single one of those guys has a lot of affection for Hart.

That idiot basically attacked a grandfather who had a dozen muscular fighters as grandchildren. :)
HAha. Yeah not that smart. What was his goal though? Attack him or tackle him for fun? I mean, equally dumb because how are others supposed to know AND it's a 60 year old man. But what was the motive

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
dunno who Dash was before this but now I know. that punch was sick.
One half of one of the best tag teams in wrestling, The Revival.

They've recently told the company they plan on leaving over frustration with how the division is treated on Raw, and they hilariously wear #FTR on their own tights which stands for "Fuck The Revival".

Dash doesn't give a fuck about repercussions for jacking this idiot in the face because he's leaving anyway.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
One half of one of the best tag teams in wrestling, The Revival.

They've recently told the company they plan on leaving over frustration with how the division is treated on Raw, and they hilariously wear #FTR on their own tights which stands for "Fuck The Revival".

Dash doesn't give a fuck about repercussions for jacking this idiot in the face because he's leaving anyway.

I thought the last we heard from Meltz was that Dash and Dawson made their case and WWE listened which is why they got the title push.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I thought the last we heard from Meltz was that Dash and Dawson made their case and WWE listened which is why they got the title push.
WWE wants to keep them, so yeah, they are getting pushed now.

Doesn't mean they're re-signing. I don't think I've heard anything new on that either way. Sure, it's less likely they'd leave now. But they have expressed interest in wrestling the Young Bucks/AEW in the past.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the people .. why would anyone want to jump in at Bret Hart. Absolutely no issue with the beating that guy received.

Also, that guy's twitter feed is ... something ...

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cancer is one factor, the fact that he had a severe concussion that lead to his retirement and a stroke makes the tackle a scarier prospect. Remember how Bret could not do much of anything in his revenge match against Vince a couple of years back? He can't be knocked down like that. Sorry, you rush the ring, you get no less than you deserve (within reason). This was not a protest or demonstration or police brutality. Trying to equate them is disingenuous

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As an absolute moral question - sure, you shouldn't hit people already restrained. But the guy was violent and the response from those hitting him wasn't over the top excessive. I think the extent of the legal response is probably for an officer to take the people throwing punches aside and tell them not to do it again and perhaps wink when saying it.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Nah if someone repeatedly concern trolls in every thread just to troll everyone else on the board shouldn't have to ignore them it should be handled by the moderation staff which is there to stop things like that from happening
Sure. I'm talking about before that can happen. Trolls love attention so at least you can starve them in the meantime.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
It kind of was, actually. Some context for the people who don't follow wrestling, but *anyone* who jumps the barricades at a wrestling event is treated as a potential threat. None of the talent or staff know who they are or what their intentions are, so they have to assume the worst. And in this case (thankfully) the worst was avoided. I'm not sure what this guy was thinking (if he was thinking at all), but he's lucky he didn't get worse overall.
And for more of a point, if ANYONE attacks you at anytime completely randomly and unprovoked you should defend yourself by any means necessary. If that means other people hop in and cold cock the person so be it, you need to subdue the person so they can get properly charged.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

The main people throwing shots were Travis Browne (former UFC fighter) who was getting the guy off Bret and grounding him, Davey Boy Smith Jr./Harry Smith (guy with gold pants on who is Bret's nephew) on went nuts on the attacker for obvious reasons, and Dash Wilder with the uppercut KO.

I saw a couple shots from the guy with greyish hair in the blue suit... can't tell if that's Shane or someone else.

Last edited: