• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Congrats for all of you advocating a restrained person being beat. No wonder I want distance from all this WWE bs. The crowd was clearly happy to witness a lynching.
It has absolutely nothing to do with WWE, someone was attacked for no reason in clear sight and people who care for said person intervened. Yes one of them took a cheap shot but the dude in question is actually an amateur MMA fighter who was still trying to fight back despite being swarmed by dudes twice his size. He was asking for the response 100%, a few of the guys who jumped in like Teddy Hart and Harry Smith Jr are actually related to Bret as well.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I just keep thinking how bad this could have gone, especially if the guy had a knife or some sort of weapon.
LOL, they're already using this... "he's a knock out kind of guy"
Man, I dunno. He knocked out a guy who was restrained by at least 5 other people. you can argue whether it was justified to do so but I don't see bragging about it. People that jump into a dangerous situation and put themselves on the line don't do that, but people who jump into a fight towards the end do.

Last edited:

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
Some of you getting angry that this dude ate a few punches. What would you do if at a family gathering your 61 year old father or uncle with a history of concussions and a recent cancer survivor got blindside tackled by a complete stranger? Sit him down to discuss his feelings? Tell him he's in a safe space? C'mon.

Regarding advocating further violence

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Official Staff Communication
While we understand that this is a sensitive situation, posts that advocate further violence have been and will continue to be moderated accordingly. Additionally, backseat moderating and other forms of antagonizing members will not be tolerated. Stay on topic.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the HOF on the network right now. They haven't cut out the incident.

Shame on this guy in trying to spoil a really nice speech from Bret and Natty.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I'm watching the HOF on the network right now. They haven't cut out the incident.

Shame on this guy in trying to spoil a really nice speech from Bret and Natty.

And this wasn't about Bret and Nattie, it was about Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Nattie's dad, finally getting his recognition. Remember he died last year and this was the public eulogy. That asshole almost ruined a beautiful moment to remember Jim.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why thugs are allowed to have a free pass on gratuitous violence in the aftermath. They should face legal action too. They aren't justice or even police. Fuck them.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Congrats for all of you advocating a restrained person being beat. No wonder I want distance from all this WWE bs. The crowd was clearly happy to witness a lynching.

Why are you referring to yourself in kind of a 3rd person way? Imagine justifying your hate on wrestling because of this incident.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why thugs are allowed to have a free pass on gratuitous violence in the aftermath. They should face legal action too. They aren't justice or even police. Fuck them.

Glad you didn't read up on anything about this incident and instead rushed in here to give us your bad take.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Poor Bret. I wonder what this dude thought was going to happen when he decided to do that. Crowd wasn't down with it, but he probably thought he would be a hero for creating a spectacle.

Not that I think the dude deserved the beatdown he got especially after he was already subdued, but at least Travis Browne punched someone who isn't his ex wife.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
And this wasn't about Bret and Nattie, it was about Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Nattie's dad, finally getting his recognition. Remember he died last year and this was the public eulogy. That asshole almost ruined a beautiful moment to remember Jim.

Where did I say it wasn't about Anvil? And it was the Hart Foundation being inducted, so it was about Bret too.

Maybe it's you not reading or understanding the situation.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Yeah.

The guy did something wrong and should get prosecuted. He was restrained. There was no point in piling up on him and throwing punches. They aren't servants of justice. I always hate this kind of stuff.

That's an awful hot take. Way to not reading or understanding the situation.

Where did I say it wasn't about Anvil? And it was the Hart Foundation being inducted, so it was about Bret too.

Maybe it's you not reading or understanding the situation.

I'm actually adding to your first comment, not correcting or anything, adding.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.

The guy did something wrong and should get prosecuted. He was restrained. There was no point in piling up on him and throwing punches. They aren't servants of justice. I always hate this kind of stuff.

What does restrained mean? Was he in cuffs? Was he complying? Was he still a threat? The answer to these questions are not as simple as you think it is.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
tumblr_p4o26oXxb41uxtjooo10_250.gif

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Yeah.

Turns out in real life when you tackle a beloved elderly person surrounded by huge wrestlers and MMA fighters bad things might happen to you. In what fucking world would anyone not get annihilated pulling this shit?

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Turns out in real life when you tackle a beloved elderly person surrounded by huge wrestlers and MMA fighters bad things might happen to you. In what fucking world would anyone not get annihilated pulling this shit?

A world were people respect the law and don't think two wrongs make a right. Obviously not this one based on video and reactions.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
A world were people respect the law and don't think two wrongs make a right. Obviously not this one based on video and reactions.

What law wasn't respected? Was the person still a threat when he got rocked? The answer is not a definitive no. Do you really think that people outside of the assailant should be prosecuted for this? Do you really want people wasting their time doing their hardest to send these wrestlers to prison for this? Do you really think that them not being prosecuted is an assault on society?

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The CNN story was good.

But the attempt barely lasted seconds, as a swarm of wrestling stars came to Hart's rescue, leaping into the ring from all directions and pinning the man down.

They included legends like Xavier Woods, Tyson Kidd, Drake Maverick and Curtis Axel

Curtis Axel's legend status confirmed.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does restrained mean? Was he in cuffs? Was he complying? Was he still a threat? The answer to these questions are not as simple as you think it is.
He was complying as he was being led away on his feet one guy still felt the need to punch him, dropping the guy to his feet and making it harder to remove the guy asap. Understanding that is as simple as watching the video.

Its one thing to not want to blame anyone for how they reacted to the attack on Brett but folks dont need to go out of their way to justify cheap shots.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
He was complying as he was being led away on his feet one guy still felt the need to punch him, dropping the guy to his feet and making it harder to remove the guy asap. Understanding that is as simple as watching the video.

Its one thing to not want to blame anyone for how they reacted to the attack on Brett but folks dont need to go out of their way to justify cheap shots.

I don't see that in the video. I see someone that is being carried out. There is no indication that he is not resisting. Is he calmly walking away? Not clear.

Deleted member 29676

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What law wasn't respected? Was the person still a threat when he got rocked? The answer is not a definitive no. Do you really think that people outside of the assailant should be prosecuted for this? Do you really want people wasting their time doing their hardest to send these wrestlers to prison for this? Do you really think that them not being prosecuted is an assault on society?

I don't really have strong feelings either way. Do i think the asshole who was assaulting someone giving a speech should be in jail for a long time? 100%

Do i think it is wrong to punch a person in the face who is no longer a threat? Absolutely. If we want to make it legal to rough-up people for assault after the fact lets just change the law.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
What is even more bizarre to me is how easily it seems he was able to rush the stage like that. They have security gaurds lining the paremeter of every RAW, SD and PPV but the HOF seems to be wide open? How did this dude even get NEAR that stage?

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
I hope some of you are never in a situation where a friend or a loved one is attacked or hurt. Lord knows what will happen to them while you hem and haw, calming yourself down and thinking about the most rational and civil way to handle things.

Emotions were high during a moment where a sickly elderly man was attacked. People aren't always going to react in the most gentlemanly ways in situations like that.
The CNN story was good.

Curtis Axel's legend status confirmed.
Axelmania still running.

If your heat of the moment emotion is to punch someone in the face you have a major fucking problem.
If someone attacks my step-dad (also a stroke survivor like Bret), you best believe I'm going to punch them in the fucking face. No questions asked and no regrets felt.

What is wrong with some of y'all? Does being perfectly moral and rational mean that much to you?

Deleted member 29676

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If someone attacked your family and was restrained I'm sure all your emotions would immediately subside and you'd have a completely clear mind. If only everyone was like you.

Should we just take someone's word that they were in the heat of the moment and not thinking clearly? Or do you think an impartial third party should make that decision?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
By the letter of the law, Dash probably committed an assault. But I'm not exactly seeing it as some grand injustice if he isn't charged. No sympy.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Should we just take someone's word that they were in the heat of the moment and not thinking clearly? Or do you think an impartial third party should make that decision?
We don't need anyone's word that it was the heat of the moment, it's right there on film in the middle of all the commotion and he certainly didn't pre-plan to hit some fan in the face prior to the show.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, the real problem here is that someone punched a lunatic that hopped the barrade and tackled a man that could've easily died from the fall, not the fact that someone tackled a man that could've died from it in the first place. Also dont try to reason with me because I can't here you when Im on top of my moral high horse