• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Thankfully the police won't bother wasting their time going after Dash. Isn't in the public interest.

I doubt it will reach a jury as it's a slam dunk case. If anything, a settlement would happen because it's obviously he is guilty so easier to just pay the dude.

You think a jury would actually find him guilty? Improbable in my eyes. WWE also would not like to set an example of idiots getting a financial reward for such behaviour.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There's no stronger ring protector than Referee Randy "Peewee" Anderson

randy-anderson-beats-up-fan.gif

Damn. Guy is a beast.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Alright alright, what Dash did wasn't ok... By legal standards. That's it, he "shouldn't" have done it, but it isnt morally wrong anyway giving the full context.

An impartial third party.

You're right. Don't let the thread dog pile convince you otherwise.

If this happened to my elderly stroke victim father I'd sure as shit attack the attacker. I would also understand I was breaking the law by doing do.

Pretty much this. Dash probably knows the guy can sue him, but I wouldn't give a fuck either

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The best was when a fan ran in during a Stone Cold/HHH match and attack them but Austin had the wherewithal to not attack back and let Hunter handle it because he was a face and wanted to protect the business lol

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Congrats for all of you advocating a restrained person being beat. No wonder I want distance from all this WWE bs. The crowd was clearly happy to witness a lynching.

A lynching? That's a pretty disgusting comparison you're making.

You believe that a guy getting punched after tackling an old man off guard is the equivalent of a lynching?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly baffled at people defending this guy saying he didn't deserve the beating he received. There's a defense force for everything on this forum.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I'm honestly baffled at people defending this guy saying he didn't deserve the beating he received. There's a defense force for everything on this forum.
I'm not saying they didn't need to subdue the guy while he was in the ring and all that, but the shot that looked like it knocked him out while he was restrained and being dragged out, is it really that awful to say that was maybe not needed? I'm not gonna like cry a river fr the dude or anything haha but still.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bet he wouldn't have done that in 1996

I've been watching a lot of old Nitros and yes he would have definitely done that in 96 and would have gotten a just as bad if not worse beat down for doing it.

I remember hearing a work story turned into a shoot in the 70s when I fan jumped the rails with a gun to protect wrestler who was "blind" because of a previous heel attack. The story was funny and put the baby face in a weird spot but the situation was defused quickly.

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I've been watching a lot of old Nitros and yes he would have definitely done that in 96 and would have gotten a just as bad if not worse beat down for doing it.

I remember hearing a work story turned into a shoot in the 70s when I fan jumped the rails with a gun to protect wrestler who was "blind" because of a previous heel attack. The story was funny and put the baby face in a weird spot but the situation was defused quickly.
I was mostly talking about Bret Hart in 96

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was mostly talking about Bret Hart in 96

That's why I said he would've gotten the same beating if not worse. Bret in his prime, Jim the Anvil still alive, British Bull Dog still around and almost always by Bret's side. That dude would've gotten the type of beating that young kids like you would've remembered and told our kids kids about.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
The guy will definitely press charges on Dash and sue WWE. He wants the attention.

Anyways WWE fans and wrestlers live in a bubble so I expect the Revival to get massively cheered today.
When you buy a ticket they have rules on them like if you interrupt the show WWE will not be responsible what happens whether it's something a wrestler does or security or what have you. He can try but it will be immediately squashed, not too mention the fact that he absolutely started it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
When you buy a ticket they have rules on them like if you interrupt the show WWE will not be responsible what happens whether it's something a wrestler does or security or what have you. He can try but it will be immediately squashed, not too mention the fact that he absolutely started it.

Those kinds of policies don't necessarily supersede law.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
There's no stronger ring protector than Referee Randy "Peewee" Anderson

randy-anderson-beats-up-fan.gif
Why would you jump into the ring with the master of The Diamond Cutter, that shit looked like it hurt when it was pulled. I can imagine getting done on you with intent to harm

Jun 10, 2018
Put someone else's life at risk by pulling a dangerous stunt and quite frankly I don't care how "savagely" you're beaten.

Dude was lucky the beat down wasn't far worse.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but the rest of my posts goes into exactly why it wouldn't work even if he did try and they ignored that policy. They have footage of him starting it out of nowhere.

That stuff covers the venue and the company moreso than the individuals. I'm not sure Dash would be able to fall back on that if he were to face either criminal charges or a civil case. All that said, I doubt he faces either. Nobody is going to feel an ounce of sympathy for this jackass.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit who would have thought??

Are refs secretly bad asses?
Refs typically are tasked with security duty and are also the leaders of the stage crew. They're the ones who put the sets together and all the manual labor of setting up the ring and announce tables, and loading it on the trucks.

They're the first responders to any security or medical incident

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
You guys DO realize that the law doesn't work on a "good and bad deeds cancel out each other"-basis, right? Dash is absolutely getting charged with assault. And he's guilty.

The fan having it coming is of no consequence. "Revenge" isn't a concept allowed for under criminal law. Punching a restrained person is assault, simple as that. No matter why you do it.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Refs are highly trained in a lot of aspects and also have a direct feed to backstage for time keeping for the wrestlers etc. Pretty cool job.

Couple in NXT are former wrestlers one is female but I forget her name.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys DO realize that the law doesn't work on a "good and bad deeds cancel out each other"-basis, right? Dash is absolutely getting charged with assault. And he's guilty.

The fan having it coming is of no consequence. "Revenge" isn't a concept allowed for under criminal law. Punching a restrained person is assault, simple as that. No matter why you do it.

Find me one person in this thread claiming outright that it was a lawful use of force instead of explaining why force was used.

The law has a human element to it, too, as much as we like to pretend that it's absolute.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People still reply to Spatula? Lmao.

No, but he has a reasonable basis for the defence of provocation should that apply in the jurisdiction of this attack. It's entirely reasonable that he hadn't had time for his passion to cool and that he could be in a state of having no self control.

If your heat of the moment emotion is to punch someone in the face you have a major fucking problem.

Actually, as much as your theoretical moral posturing would have us second guess it, the law and society (AKA, reality) understands that assault under specific types of incitement are both likely and possibly excusable. I'm sure that you understand that not everyone is as placid as you.

Last edited:

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

In the US it certainly does work that way. You have a right to a jury trial and prosecutors and defense lawyers weigh their decision on if they could ultimately get a jury on their side.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Oh shit who would have thought??

Are refs secretly bad asses?

A lot are actually wrestlers who decided to ref instead to save their bodies, Drake Wuertz one of the more prevalent NXT refs was Drake Younger in CZW doing death matches for years for instance.

That stuff covers the venue and the company moreso than the individuals. I'm not sure Dash would be able to fall back on that if he were to face either criminal charges or a civil case. All that said, I doubt he faces either. Nobody is going to feel an ounce of sympathy for this jackass.

Yeah no doubt.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
For Bret Hart?

Yes.

Just gets to me.

Bret is my guy

He gave me 15 min of his personal time to talk one on one with him at a hockey game when I was a kid, when he could have just stayed in his private box.

It was just me and one other kid who waited outside the stairs to his box and begged his security guy to ask asked if he'd come down... and you know what the security guard went up and asked him and he did.

And it wasn't for a group... it wasn't to sign a bunch of autographs....it was for 2 people. And, after the other kid left, happy just with a hi and a signature, Bret took 15 solo min just to talk to me, a one on one conversation, uninterrupted.

And I was just a stupid little mark who said stupid little mark things like Vince is an asshole and I hope you kick Goldberg's ass... but he still gave me that time and played along. I can't remember a thing we talked about but for that time I felt like nothing else mattered to Bret but talking to me.

Fuck, this dude who had suffered so much, lost so much, is paying tribute with his niece to his fallen brother in law and some prick attacks him.

So yeah this shit makes me emotional and I'm not going to feel bad about that.
This is fantastic, and yeah, you don't have to feel bad about anything