• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Lying cunts are banking on the public being ignorant of how parliament and laws work.

No doubt the media won't bother to challenge it too.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of this is going to come down to the debate tomorrow isn't it?

People will change their mind right up until they are ready to walk into the vote rooms.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
If the Labour politicians really are that dumb it really is best to get this shit over now as soon as possible, we're not going to survive anything in the actual negotiations or the next several years. I don't understand why Labour don't want to be elected how the fuck are they this dumb.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
If the Labour politicians really are that dumb it really is best to get this shit over now as soon as possible, we're not going to survive anything in the actual negotiations or the next several years. I don't understand why Labour don't want to be elected how the fuck are they this dumb.
how many times, brexiter labour mps labour is whipping against this deal

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
To be fair, overall it's a very small number of Labour MPs thinking about voting for the deal. The vast majority of the votes going against the deal are from Labour MPs. It's just that with the numbers so tight, a small number of rebel MPs can make all the difference.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused, BoJo can say all this applies to this parliament but come a new election, new parliament it's all meaningless and some Labour MPs will vote this Brexit deal through based on that?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm confused, BoJo can say all this applies to this parliament but come a new election, new parliament it's all meaningless and some Labour MPs will vote this Brexit deal through based on that?
It's leaver MPs using this lie to do what they wanted to do anyway. They are banking on people being ignorant and the media not challenging them.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
It's leaver MPs using this lie to do what they wanted to do anyway. They are banking on people being ignorant and the media not challenging them.

That and I suspect they're trying to build the image where they can say they ~compromised~ and 'achieved' something, unlike stodgy old Corbyn, even if it's the political equivalent of buying a bridge.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh I hope the DUP come tomorrow and call this the Surrender Agreement before having Ian Paisley Jr bellow NOOOOO SURRENDERRRRRR to their fellow conservatives.

That'll pull the Tories out of it and kneecap Boris entirely. It's the only play for DUP.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

giphy.gif

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
You know what, maybe we deserve this.

I don't know what we did that could possibly be bad enough to deserve it... but it must have been a fucking doozy.

/head in hands

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, Brexit fatigued here, is it this deal or a no deal? Isn't the deadline to get a deal before a no deal takes effect 31st Oct? What other options are available? Seems dire.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Gosh I hope the DUP come tomorrow and call this the Surrender Agreement before having Ian Paisley Jr bellow NOOOOO SURRENDERRRRRR to their fellow conservatives.

That'll pull the Tories out of it and kneecap Boris entirely. It's the only play for DUP.

I'm looking forward to the fireworks. Shame those ERG fuckers who turned their backs on the Union.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I assume labour would be telling Flint and Co they are out for supporting such flimsy so called promises on workers rights.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Tim Farron tweet is kind of amazing if you look past the dunk and see him openly admitting to what the Lib Dems most vocal critics have been saying forever like it's nothing

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think this shit show could possibly get worse but here we are. This worries the hell out of me and I left England years ago, can't imagine how you lot are feeling.

Stay strong UK Era

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not even going to attempt to keep up with things tomorrow. I'll just wait for Sunday I think for the sake of my own sanity.

Oct 25, 2017
The Letwin looks to have thrown a huge spanner in the works in regards to how serious the main vote is tomorrow. Well it's still serious, but the finality of it seems to have been reduced if all the necessary legislation then needs to go through both Houses/request an extension for that to happen?

I'm not even going to attempt to keep up with things tomorrow. I'll just wait for Sunday I think for the sake of my own sanity.

Nah I need this to fill in the gap until Liverpool & United on Sunday.

Oct 31, 2017
You know what, maybe we deserve this.

I don't know what we did that could possibly be bad enough to deserve it... but it must have been a fucking doozy.

/head in hands

Honeslty, we probably deserve any amount of suffering after a couple of centuries of Empire. What did we not do? Concentration camps in Africa, targeted starvation in Bengal, genocide after genocide in English administered teritories, war crime after war crime, slavery and every kind of horror on a global scale. And we glorify that history.

You and I are not directly responsible for that, but fuck, I dont want any part of it. Not even indirectly

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
The Letwin looks to have thrown a huge spanner in the works in regards to how serious the main vote is tomorrow. Well it's still serious, but the finality of it seems to have been reduced if all the necessary legislation then needs to go through both Houses/request an extension for that to happen?
Yeah, the Benn Act would trigger (the deadline for a deal is today now that it's Saturday, lol) so Boris would have to request the Article 50 extension as detailed in that Act. Then there would be amendments too before the withdrawal agreement is finally approved - perhaps an amendment seeking a referendum on the withdrawal agreement for instance?

(just a fool's hope?)

They'd better bloody vote in favour of the Letwin amendment though!

Edit: just thinking, if Letwin amendment passes, withdrawal agreement gets the votes it needs, confirmatory referendum amendment put forward, DUP ordered by loyalist groups to stop the withdrawal agreement to 'preserve the union', do DUP now put their votes in favour of a referendum and campaign against the withdrawal agreement?

Last edited:

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
I didn't think this shit show could possibly get worse but here we are. This worries the hell out of me and I left England years ago, can't imagine how you lot are feeling.

Stay strong UK Era
I left the UK in 2011 and I feel the same way. I think we are spared from much of the pro-brexit media that appears to be prevalent in the UK. Literally everyone here in Aus is like "WTF are your lot doing leaving the EU?", no one thinks it's a good idea.
Only positive is that when I go home next year my AUD will be worth a lot more, I'd rather they weren't.

Edit: just thinking, if Letwin amendment passes, withdrawal agreement gets the votes it needs, confirmatory referendum amendment put forward, DUP ordered by loyalist groups to stop the withdrawal agreement to 'preserve the union', do DUP now put their votes in favour of a referendum and campaign against the withdrawal agreement?
It's possible. The DUP aren't going to be swayed by money, with the UDA/UVF getting involved the DUP will be more concerned with not pissing them off.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh please, just end this farce...anyone!
This is such a fucked up and dumb situation.

Noone in the EU wants the UK to leave and anyone in their right mind in the UK doesn't want to leave the EU, especially not with a shit deal for the UK (which is the best possible outcome), nevermind a no-deal scenario.

Someone really has to step up and, I guess, defy the "will of the people" for their own good. "The people" aren't worth listening to when their reasoning is completely gone because of racism and unbased fear.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the Benn Act would trigger (the deadline for a deal is today now that it's Saturday, lol) so Boris would have to request the Article 50 extension as detailed in that Act. Then there would be amendments too before the withdrawal agreement is finally approved - perhaps an amendment seeking a referendum on the withdrawal agreement for instance?

(just a fool's hope?)

They'd better bloody vote in favour of the Letwin amendment though!

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Christ, awake at 5:45 with no alarm. The stress is real.

Fuck Caroline Flint, always voting against her party. Kinnock can get in the sea too. There needs to be genuine consequences for their fuckery.

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck are these ERG twats called Spartans now?
Because the media will fall over themselves to call right wing twats whatever lame vaguely romantic names they come up with for themselves.

See the truly grating using of the word 'brexiteer' to invoke images of musketeers over the last 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.