• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
If he goes to jail, couldn't there be a by-election in his constituency?
Maybe! But only one MP has ever been removed by the process for it (earlier this year in fact!)

It still matters because he's flagrantly broke a court order, if he doesn't face consequences for this then he will try to get away with much worse.
Oh definitely, I just meant it won't matter in terms of whether we get an extension or not.

koshiro

Oct 27, 2017
I really, really hope our legal system works here. We cannot allow the PM to believe he is above the law.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
By the by, anyone who still trusts this cunts word over rights and regulations after this needs shot out a cannon.

It was already obvious it meant nothing but this is further evidence he can't be trusted.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He would probably come out of jail friggin hero to far too many people and win a majority.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
After this and dumping the DUP I hope Labour rebels think again about trusting Boris, He only cares about winning the game.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
If this deal he has is so amazing why is he worried about it being scrutinised in parliament? What's he afraid of that he has to rush the deal through before anyone can properly read it and understand everything 100%? That's the obvious thing that makes this entire thing far too fishy and I can't believe our media is not pointing this out and the idiot brexiteers don't seem to care about.

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
he sent the letter despite weeks of insisting otherwise, all the theatre with the signing and photocopies and multiple letters is just distraction and obfuscation of that fundamental point

he's not going to jail ffs

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Labour MPs who are voting for his deal, need to take this dumb shig into account. They won't but they should

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Tusk's tweet is quite telling in that he's not getting caught up in all that other nonsense. I'd be very surprised if sending an unsigned photo copy constitutes following the law though and the accompanying documents are clearly an attempt to undermine it. Should be in serious trouble with the courts.

Also, is the message to MPs still not loud enough that this man can not be trusted to oversee Brexit? It is still utterly shameful that Labour MPs (or Independents) would consider supporting his deal.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
He isn't doing anything for his image as an untrustworthy partner pulling stupid stunts like this, I'd be very irritated by that if I was an EU head of state, don't drag them into your bullshit.

How any Labour MP, no matter how passionately they believe in Brexit, could back a deal from this prime minister is beyond me. What weight does his promises on workers rights hold when he can't even be trusted to abide by the law?

How any so called "moderate" Conservatives can stand idly by while he attempts to impose a dictatorship on the country is frankly disgusting.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Ah okay, yeah I hope the EU just choose to ignore his bullshit.
The EU maybe pissed off with the whole thing but the also know Boris is full of shit. Just last week he was using language from world war II and other such bullshit. This letter now has him being all lovey dovey with the EU and europe. It's a well crafted, if not properly spell checked, suck up letter.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain the details of Boris's deal regarding the level playing field commitments?
All the commentary around suggests we'd be moving away from EU regulations etc but the text mentions a commitment on environmental, climate and workers rights? So which is it?

Those commitments were legally binding in May's deal and we're moved to a non-legally binding political declaration in BJ's deal

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is the Benn act (and subsequent amendment) only applicable this time round, or does it also apply at the end of each extension period until a further bill is passed to remove this one?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's quite interesting how well the EU have played this. There is no blame game involving them now.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
So is the Benn act (and subsequent amendment) only applicable this time round, or does it also apply at the end of each extension period until a further bill is passed to remove this one?
It's just for this one time, if parliament want to force further extensions there will need to be further acts (or maybe just one, if it is written in such a way that it sets up recurring conditions).

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It's just for this one time, if parliament want to force further extensions there will need to be further acts (or maybe just one, if it is written in such a way that it sets up recurring conditions).
Hopefully his actions reiterate to parliament how important something like this is. You cannot assume good faith in anything with this prime minister.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
The best part of it is how many leavers thought he had some genius plan. Once again Boris is all bluster.

It is only relevant for requesting an extension from Oct 31st to Jan 31st (if another date is offered by the EU then the HoC votes on it). In theory, no other extension will be necessary because either Boris will pass his deal, possibly amended, or there will be a VoNC and a general election.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully his actions reiterate to parliament how important something like this is. You cannot assume good faith in anything with this prime minister.
Yep, Johnson has proven to be so untrustworthy that parliament has found the need to programme his actions via legislative scripting. I do have some misgivings about the use of this kind of legislation in future, but for this PM, it's a necessity.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
On a Brexit-y related note, is All Out War worth reading? The kindle version is currently 99p on Amazon (the second book, Fall Out, is also £2.99).

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, mentally he never left school so such a thing isn't surprising, but he is a petty fucking cunt. It'd be amazing if he was jailed, and they scrubbed the tougher jail electioneering off.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
The Letter's been sent
It's been received
Its request will probably be granted.

Talking about contempt, court cases or even jail is ridiculous and just distracts from the main point. He sent the letter after months of saying he wouldn't and even repeating it a few hours ago in parliament.

We knew there would be a twist and this is the best these megaminds could come up with. The Benn Act required the letter be sent by the UK PM and that's what's been delivered.

Don't let yourself get dragged into the gutter with these fuckwits, that's what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.