• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up now, Just woke up an hour or so ago. But...

Last game I was in that had a chat mechanic like the one you described had the condition that if the person in question invited a scum to the chat that it would kill them. Given there's only two deaths, one VT and one scum, in my limited experience you're either some kind of town or a neutral.

Of course this power could be completely different and allow scum into the chat, in which case you could definitely be scum, but that would go against what I've previously seen in regards to this kind of ability. That's why I moved you into null. Keep in mind I'm still not sold on you being town, but I do believe you were in the chat with Fanto and you're actually making good posts today that aren't just a line or two and *shrug*

This is kind of a really weird reason to move someone into null. Why are you making so many assumptions about a chat power you weren't even involved in?

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
So you see no issue with how he listed ET as scum early on with no reasoning and then suddenly dropped him later on?

That combined with coasting and laying low are points against him.
I explained that. ET made my original top 3 of players I wouldn't mind lynching, at number 3 because of his lack of scum reads. I said that it was concerning, but also only day 1 so not too surprising because day 1 reads are by definition flimsy. He then fell out of my top 3 when CS got silly.

Your vote on me continues to show that you couldn't let go that I'd dare to vote for you on day 1. Its turned into an impressive retribution tunnel.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DCPat looks more like Berserk DCPat(scum) than Buffy DCPat(town) to me, I have to read all his posts yet tho

I will believe Melon voting for CS out of her fond memories of splinter rather than trying to save a scumate.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I explained that. ET made my original top 3 of players I wouldn't mind lynching, at number 3 because of his lack of scum reads. I said that it was concerning, but also only day 1 so not too surprising because day 1 reads are by definition flimsy. He then fell out of my top 3 when CS got silly.

Your vote on me continues to show that you couldn't let go that I'd dare to vote for you on day 1. Its turned into an impressive retribution tunnel.

Yeah no. You had him on your suspect list, but since then you continued to be all "he's not a bad choice but it's D1" blah stuff.

And no, your vote had nothing to do with me voting you or calling you out. Nice try though.

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
The way he responded to Faddy on day 1, "Jesus man it's day 1. Nothing you've posted today will end up mattering in all likelihood either" makes me less likely to give him a pass on it.

Feels like he's okay with coasting by.
No I was legit mad at Faddy. Like I wanted to quit. You can only have so many people call you lazy when you are trying to keep up, before you dont want to put up with their shit anymore.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Can I ask why? Or just link me to the post if you explained it before.

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
I think I posted it at one point, but it'll be easier for me to retype than to find it.

On here, my experience with that type of play was limited to Blarg. Most recently I faced scum Blarg in Game of Thrones. I was worried that CS might try to use Blarg's tactics of posting such distractions that we get desensitized to him until we have to re-examine him later in the game when we dont have time for mistakes anymore. So I thought it would best to determine if CS was scum earlier.

Now its unlikely that CS is scum, and it looks like that gambit may be a one time thing by him, so he's no longer a good lynch.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Upon reading back I noticed that the posts from Donna did not really gave me new insights on things (meaning from her part on the game). It was agreeing with others or without any explanation. Problem is that this can also be linked to activity. There is a reason she subbed out now. So I do not want to judge on that to hard.

Where I have a bigger problem with is this post in responds to Zeke;

Just based on your weird posts near the start of the day. Plus right now, I don't like how reactionary you are, it is less scum hunting and more reacting to people who scum read you. Not helpful to town.

First part is again without reasoning, but ok covered that. The second part is actually reasoning, but she accuses Zeke here of doing something she is doing herself aswell. She responded to Faddy liking her post and to Coolest. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. When people talk with, or about you should respond. But I think it's weird to attack Zeke over it.

What I also think is supicious is that (after the flip today) she says she truly believed ET was town. I wonder how you can say that about anybody after day 1.

For me, the above doesn't look that good, but Donna has been replaced out and seemed to have some issues being able to play the game. I do not want to judget Chuggernaut to hard on that. I will keep an eye out tho.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
On here, my experience with that type of play was limited to Blarg. Most recently I faced scum Blarg in Game of Thrones. I was worried that CS might try to use Blarg's tactics of posting such distractions that we get desensitized to him until we have to re-examine him later in the game when we dont have time for mistakes anymore. So I thought it would best to determine if CS was scum earlier.
For me, Gambits like that put me in mind of my first game, Cluedo. In that one, Devastatingly Strange pulled a gambit in D2 which, as I recall, knotted up discussion into D3 and ended up with a town-on-town situation that could have been avoided. That's what Spot's manoeuvre reminded me of in D1 - while his tactics weren't in themselves indicative, I could see the fall-out eating up more discussion time than it did and letting scum line up an easy mislynch, should Spot indeed turn out to be town. In the end, that's part of why I gave Spot the edge over ET in being town read, along with the fact that I'd seen Spot use the same trick before.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017

Yes, thank you, that seems to be your entire scumread of him. But I wanted to know what about his push for you rubbed you the wrong way because;

1. I don't really see a push.
2. I don't really see something wrong he said to you.

Maybe the answer is that the lack of a push rubbed you the wrong way? That must be it.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
She was saying she thought ET was town during D1. Just explaining her reason for it just now.

The flip doesn't matter since when she thought ET was town, it was D1 aka preflip.

Townread I understand. truly believing with your heart somebody is town after day 1, not so much.

But let's not talk about that to much. It isn't that important.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Townread I understand. truly believing with your heart somebody is town after day 1, not so much.

what the hell are you talking about man?

She said she thought he was town. Now that the flip has happened, you're saying she should have said "I guess I should have known he was scum" or something.

You're right, it isn't important but that is some serious reaching to me. Just because we have hindsight now, doesn't mean she needed to say anything other than she believed during D1 that ET was town.

I don't know if you're explaining yourself badly but it feels reaching and nonsensical to me.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
what the hell are you talking about man?

She said she thought he was town. Now that the flip has happened, you're saying she should have said "I guess I should have known he was scum" or something.

You're right, it isn't important but that is some serious reaching to me. Just because we have hindsight now, doesn't mean she needed to say anything other than she believed during D1 that ET was town.

I don't know if you're explaining yourself badly but it feels reaching and nonsensical to me.

Dude, chill. It just stood out to me. The way you are reacting I probably fail to make myself clear enough. I can try to clarify and then it's probably all OK, but I don't really want to in all honesty. I was just reading back all her posts and it stood out to me. I just wondered how she could be so sure, that's all. It's not like I'm attacking her, or now Chuggernaut over it.

I think is a difference in "I townread ET and "I truly believed with my heart ET was town". Just seems a bit excessive after day 1. But since she is not here anymore I'll drop it.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
What do you think about Donna/Chuggernaut Stuart? It's probably somewhere already, but at the moment I'm going off for a while to watch football. So can't look back now.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, chill. It just stood out to me. The way you are reacting I probably fail to make myself clear enough. I can try to clarify and then it's probably all OK, but I don't really want to in all honesty. I was just reading back all her posts and it stood out to me. I just wondered how she could be so sure, that's all. It's not like I'm attacking her, or now Chuggernaut over it.

I think is a difference in "I townread ET and "I truly believed with my heart ET was town". Just seems a bit excessive after day 1. But since she is not here anymore I'll drop it.

I mean, even the second one isn't really strange? I don't really get what's excessive about it. She thought ET was town on Day 1, she was wrong, and she expressed that she was wrong. o.o

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry DCPat again i disagree completely, i mean even if you dont see the first part, you certanly can agree on his "its day 1" defense on ET. can you ?
i sure hope so. yeah
I hope

I really do.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Upon reading back I noticed that the posts from Donna did not really gave me new insights on things (meaning from her part on the game). It was agreeing with others or without any explanation. Problem is that this can also be linked to activity. There is a reason she subbed out now. So I do not want to judge on that to hard.

Where I have a bigger problem with is this post in responds to Zeke;

First part is again without reasoning, but ok covered that. The second part is actually reasoning, but she accuses Zeke here of doing something she is doing herself aswell. She responded to Faddy liking her post and to Coolest. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. When people talk with, or about you should respond. But I think it's weird to attack Zeke over it.

What I also think is supicious is that (after the flip today) she says she truly believed ET was town. I wonder how you can say that about anybody after day 1.

For me, the above doesn't look that good, but Donna has been replaced out and seemed to have some issues being able to play the game. I do not want to judget Chuggernaut to hard on that. I will keep an eye out tho.
That was one of my mAin issues with donna's post. She attacked me for trying to see why she scumread me specifically.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

I'm chill. That unlike my earlier posts isn't intended to be anger, it's intended to showcase that I am utterly confused. It's a comment from her today about why she didn't vote for ET. The phrasing is just her. Emphasis on that she believed he was town on D1.

What do you think about Donna/Chuggernaut Stuart? It's probably somewhere already, but at the moment I'm going off for a while to watch football. So can't look back now.

Said it earlier but:

"I don't believe Donna is scum. If she was, I think her D1 would have been different. She wouldn't even need to worry about the forums breaking as she could have asked in scum chat for ideas/links to posts."

On top of this, Chuggs posts today have felt pretty towny. I'm feeling good about him so far.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I mean, even the second one isn't really strange? I don't really get what's excessive about it. She thought ET was town on Day 1, she was wrong, and she expressed that she was wrong. o.o
I get what dc means. There is a difference in townread someone and saying I truly believe someone is town. To me the second part means the player played a key role in leading town in discussions or something.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I get what dc means. There is a difference in townread someone and saying I truly believe someone is town. To me the second part means the player played a key role in leading town in discussions or something.

It just reeks of how Donna usually talks to me. She's simply saying she had a strong town gut read on him. Mind you, that's still a bad thing given where her Day 1 vote was, but I'm not seeing anything extra malicious here.

Oct 27, 2017
Just from the last posts I read:

The problem with that statement by Donna is not the wording. It's that it came after the fact.

She was around EoD and never said a word about ET. Today she spun this twist.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Going to bed now, I am just gonna say that I probably won't move my vote. I got Burned once on GoT someone got replaced. My initial hunch is still strong

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Going to bed now, I am just gonna say that I probably won't move my vote. I got Burned once on GoT someone got replaced. My initial hunch is still strong

1RuaI5I.jpg

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has TheChuggernaut played with us before? Or is he a new player? This is definitely my first game with him, and curious as to if anyone can give me some meta reads on what kind of a player he is.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
He's always been town as far as I know.

Nothing about him seems off from his previous games that I've seen.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, and the recent discussion was going sideways about semantics not realizing what the actual issue is, in my opinion.

DC was going on about her wording. I responded to it.

As for the issue of not bringing it up at EOD. so? She didn't vote for ET because she thought he was town. She brought it up today because he flipped scum, if he flipped town, she probably wouldn't have said that.

I feel like this is all pretty obvious stuff that this talk feels like busywork now.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
EzekelRAGE
Or to be more clearly: I want to see how Stuart444 and Sophia respond to this argument instead of protecting Donna over a phrasing issue.

You mean that argument Gorlak? Because this is also about the phrasing of it

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Yes, and the recent discussion was going sideways about semantics not realizing what the actual issue is, in my opinion.
I don't disagree. I just couldn't remember if it was you or someone else. Also my bad about last day phase after rereading it I get what point you were trying to make about my reading of your post on bdubs. And I get why you were pushing the issue so hard. I would've done the same thing.

*shrug*

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
It's the fact that her train of thoughts does not add up. The only time she mentioned ET was how he's setting off an alarm bell.

And? She had one or two interactions with ET. she then didn't mention him much and obviously as we see now, it's cause she thought he was Town.

It adds up and again, this feels like busywork over a non-issue.