• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
unvote

Numbers:
(without neutral)
10 players, probably 2 scum, 8 town
assuming mislynches and nk

D8: 2 - 6
D9: 2 - 4 (mylo)

We have two lynches left before we hit mylo.

---
(with neutral)
10, 2 scum, 1 neutral, 7 town
D8: 2-1-5
D9: 2-1-3
Neutral could side with scum to force a tie. Only one lynch before lylo.

I don't know. 21 players, 5 scum and 3 potential neutrals? Is it too much? Grizzly could recruit.

The first scenario is more realistic. maybe. who knows.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
can't wrap my head around melon's role and how it would fit the balance

tenor.gif

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Goodmorning!

Happy Birthday Gorlak and welcome Brazil. I'm doing pretty fine, how about yourself?

When I realized I wouldn't be able to read everything I just quickly typed the post in which I probably should have unvoted as well. Though I'm not sure it would have made a difference at all. After now reading everything I believe I would have stuck to nin anyway.

Why did you feel the need to unvote? Why was your vote on nin?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Well gonna go head and post my thoughts on melon/swamped especially with melon targeting herself.

Swamped is a protective role. Melon stole the power. With that theory in mind, why would melon protect herself last night over swamped? If melon dies we have confirmed swamped town.

Melon knows lp blocked cs n1. Knows what swamped claimed in chat. No kills last night and says she protected herself to make it look like she was targeted.

If swamped isn't protective role, theory is wrong.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Okay. Let's assume I believe you and your claim. Where do we go from here? You trust swamped and think AB is town? Who is most likely to be scum and why?

Hard to know. I'm feeling a bit lost.

Nin seemed so likely and yet here we are. I'm still not 100% on Zeke but looking beyond that for a moment...

I joked but gir was fairly in the middle and careful not to make too many waves. Maybe Chuggs was right about DC?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
melonrabbit why did you leave your vote on me?

Also why did you vanish eod?( I ask this because you scumread me for not being active 20 minutes b4 the day ended)

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I thought he was scum. How about you? Why did you vote him? Only for the hammer? You didn't get it this time.

Gorlak wants to lynch outside of the claimed PR. You don't. What do you think of that?
Didn't what to tie. I remember nin feeling defeated. Also I didn't try to hammer.

Idk about gorlak. I guess he is trying to let scum decide? May be too late by then. Especially if gorlak is scum.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Goodmorning!

Happy Birthday Gorlak and welcome Brazil. I'm doing pretty fine, how about yourself?

Why did you feel the need to unvote? Why was your vote on nin?
Because it wasn't an informed vote anymore. I was just beyond melons role claim at that point and I didn't know whether there had been any more claims and if nin had been involved at all. As I said I was a bit petrified by all the role claims so I didn't do anything when I probably should have unvoted. I've already explained my vote on nin several times. Why was your vote on nin for that matter?

Oct 27, 2017
Have you let go of your theory that Zeke is the chat creator, @Gorlak?
I have no idea. Zeke could be anything. But if scum can listen in, why would they choose themselves? You blocked N2. He was tracked N3. Both times nothing damning.
He was big talking with Faddy about CS note gambit, I think that interaction is decisive - I have to reread. My impression was that it wasn't w/w. Swamped had the same feeling somewhere.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Gorlak, if you thought Zeke was the scum chat creator or scum was involved why did Swamped feel okay claiming? Also, why you think AB is still scum when, if he was, he would know about your plan with Swamped from the get go and know she at least thought she moved? Was that all an act to you?

I just don't understand the logic behind this is you know or think scum is reading.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't what to tie. I remember nin feeling defeated. Also I didn't try to hammer.

Idk about gorlak. I guess he is trying to let scum decide? May be too late by then. Especially if gorlak is scum.

Why would he be trying to let scum decide? What would be his goal there? What does that even mean.

I thought it was interesting to read on the one hand Gorlak who is saying we should lynch outside of the claims and you with Melon and AB as people you want to possible lynch.

Oct 27, 2017
Do you want me to say definitively that I find Zeke scummy again? I still do. So I'm not sure how that's not a hard stance.
"I'm still not 100% on Zeke but looking beyond that for a moment... " this read vague to me - like "maybe he's scum but new info makes it less likely".

Other than that all you muster up is a "oh... gir was pretty middle road, wasn't he?" "maybe it's dcpat? remember chuggs?"

I was hoping for something more concrete to work with. Maybe even a new perspective build on evidence.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I have multiple posts about that yesterday, I think Alexem and Malus also came in and agreed/pointed out more arguments for gir probably being town.
It seems you have like one post about gir, and that is saying his voting is townie. Can you give me a short summary of things other than his votes. Also what YOU feel, not malus and Alex.
Zeke, gir, DCPat - all covered in vague statements, no hard stance. Noted.
are these your summaries on those players or what melon has said throughout the game about those players?
Do you want me to say definitively that I find Zeke scummy again? I still do. So I'm not sure how that's not a hard stance.

Weren't you on Zeke's case yesterday for not looking beyond the tunnel?
What do you think about gorlak putting me in his towncore day 5? AFTER saying I've been scummier and scummier EVERDAY since day 2.

Says he has only been giving me a townread in his reads because he wanted to "protect " me.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Why would he be trying to let scum decide? What would be his goal there? What does that even mean.

I thought it was interesting to read on the one hand Gorlak who is saying we should lynch outside of the claims and you with Melon and AB as people you want to possible lynch.
Let scum decide - let scum kill them at night

Ab seems shaky.
Melon I've scumread b4, on top of me thinking her flip confirms swamped.
You also forget I mentioned Alex.

Oct 27, 2017
Gorlak, if you thought Zeke was the scum chat creator or scum was involved why did Swamped feel okay claiming? Also, why you think AB is still scum when, if he was, he would know about your plan with Swamped from the get go and know she at least thought she moved? Was that all an act to you?

I just don't understand the logic behind this is you know or think scum is reading.
I was hoping scum wouldn't read what we wrote. Swamped and I agreed that it looked like a townie chose the participants. Maybe we've felt too safe in the chat.
Scum being chat creator was a thought that Zeke explained to me yesterday after the chat happened, that did seem reasonable then. I do not know the alignment of the chat creator nor if anyone else read the chat. I can't base my read solely on that assumption. I'm not sure about AB. I've pointed out that there are other reasons why AB is less likely to be scum.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Because it wasn't an informed vote anymore. I was just beyond melons role claim at that point and I didn't know whether there had been any more claims and if nin had been involved at all. As I said I was a bit petrified by all the role claims so I didn't do anything when I probably should have unvoted. I've already explained my vote on nin several times. Why was your vote on nin for that matter?

I was asking because if you was sure of your scumread of nin, why consider removing the vote. I will look your explanations up if I have more time, or when you are bothered to quote them for me.
But it seems your reasoning to want to unvote nin was based on the role claims.
I don't know, I think it would be unwise to unvote a lynch candidate 4 minutes before eod.

I thought Nin was scum. I thought he was coasting after his game start and I thought he was doing some weird things along a sketchy vote record.

Oct 27, 2017
It seems you have like one post about gir, and that is saying his voting is townie. Can you give me a short summary of things other than his votes. Also what YOU feel, not malus and Alex.
Why would I need other things when his vote history is blatantly telling he's very likely to be town? (if he's scum he's a dedicated bus driver and gets my respect, but I think that's extremely unlikely) He's been afk the last two phases and hasn't done much else that stood out.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017

Ab seems shaky.
Melon I've scumread b4, on top of me thinking her flip confirms swamped.
You also forget I mentioned Alex.

Alex isn't a claimed PR as far as I know. I know you mentioned him. But I was purely talking about AB and Melon, who you want to lynch, but Gorlak doesn't want to.

As per your own theory; if Melon had a protect tonight and she targeted herself. It also increased the chance that Melon was the target for tonights no kill night. I think it's unlikely, but it is possible and that would mean she is town.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Why would I need other things when his vote history is blatantly telling he's very likely to be town? (if he's scum he's a dedicated bus driver and gets my respect, but I think that's extremely unlikely) He's been afk the last two phases and hasn't done much else that stood out.
Because you have him in your towncore? I thought you would have something of more substance than you liking two of his votes.

You were the one saying you had "multiple posts" on him yesterday. Like you did a deep dive on him or something. 1 post, maybe 2.

Instead of beating around the bush you could've said I liked two of his votes.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I agree with that for today. We have three claims right now of which all seem quite dangerous for scum. AB could track the scum killer to his target, melon could steal the faction kill and Swamped is quite obviously a protective role. If only 2 scum are remaining, one of them is sure to be town, meaning they still have a chance to catch scum red handed. So no need to risk a town power role if scum will probably confirm one anyway. If we don't get any useful information tomorrow from those roles I would consider looking into those three a bit deeper.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Alex isn't a claimed PR as far as I know. I know you mentioned him. But I was purely talking about AB and Melon, who you want to lynch, but Gorlak doesn't want to.

As per your own theory; if Melon had a protect tonight and she targeted herself. It also increased the chance that Melon was the target for tonights no kill night. I think it's unlikely, but it is possible and that would mean she is town.
If she has a protect, use it on swamped if your town.

You dying confirms swamped.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Do you believe AB is scum?

Because I know your next question will be Melon I'll answer them both it once. They were both on my radar after nin and now have both claimed. Without the claims I could've said today that I'd lynch either one of them.

Now, I don't have the illusion that I'm an intimidating factor here, so I don't believe that's the reason for the roleclaims.

I have problems with AB's target choices and moment of claiming.
Melons timing I have less problems with. Considering Swamped and AB's claim she had relevant info to be shared.

I tend to believe both the claims, but for AB I don't know it's alignment. So do I believe Melon and Swamped to be scum? I don't think so. Do I believe AB to be scum? Could be.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I just woke up and need to reread, but my first thought is "kidney stones suck so much butt". Hope it's over so Alexem, I know first hand how miserable they are.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I just woke up and need to reread, but my first thought is "kidney stones suck so much butt". Hope it's over so Alexem, I know first hand how miserable they are.
That they are, AB, that they are. Not having such a good day with them today, but the painkillers seem to have worked a bit this morning, so it could be worse. (Seriously, folks - drink your water and watch your salt. Actually, I do both, but I still seem to get one every year anyway, so just try not to have my metabolism.)

Gorlak - To be honest, I hadn't noticed that similarity between myself and Malus' voting, but I can see what you mean now that you mention it. I was more struck by how similar Chuggernaut's thinking was to my own - in a way, knowing that he was town gave me a bit of a confidence boost with regards to my reads.

With regards to the Swamped, Melon and AB situation, I'm inclined to stick with my town read - I've not been convinced otherwise to this point, anyway. Melon's claim is trickier - it could make sense of the blocking but, as has been pointed out already, it could be faked with a suitable scum partner. I'm not sure if I'd peg her as neutral, though - added to Grizzly and his potential understudies, it almost seems like there would be too many neutrals. That's just speculation, though. As for AB, I'm inclined to not take it at face value at the moment. Having a string of no movement results can't really be proven, so it doesn't exactly say anything one way or the other.

What does surprise me is that DCPat seems to have gone out of focus recently. I've long had him as one of my top suspects for the earlier voting patterns, but Stuart, Chuggernaut, GP and Turmoil all thought he'd be a worthy target at various times. Could it be possible that our attention has been drawn away from him intentionally?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Fuck it. I want answers in this ab swamped melon triangle.

Could it all really be as simple as it seems.
Vote: melonrabbit

Melon seems to be the only expendable one.

Her flip confirms both swamped and ab.

Scum tracker is unlikely since scum had a ninja.