• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
V6HAs7o.jpg

Thanks to Dr. Monkey for the banner.

This time, it's illogical.

Player List:

7. [m] absolutbro - EST
10. [m] EzekelRAGE - CST
11. [m] Gorlak - GMT+1
12. [m] Alexem - GMT
13. [f] melonrabbit - PST
16. [m] gir - GMT [m] Brazil
17. [m] CoolestSpot - EST [f] Swamped
18. [m] B-Dubs - EST [m] malus - UTC+1
20. [m] Z-Beat - PST

9. [m] nin - GMT+1 DEAD
14. [m] Extreme Tactician - GMT+8 DEAD
2. [m] Fantomas - CST DEAD
3. [m] Kalor - GMT DEAD
1. [m] Grizzly - GMT+2 DEAD
21. [m] Faddy - UTC DEAD
5. [f] Sophia - EST [m] Lone_Prodigy DEAD
6. [m] Stuart444 - GMT DEAD
4. [m] turmoil7 - GMT-3 DEAD
8. [f] empressdonna - GMT [m] TheChuggernaut - CST DEAD
15. [m] Giant Panda - EST DEAD
19. [m] DCPat - UTC+1 DEAD

9 players remain.

Sample Role PM:

Carwyn Jones has been eliminated!

United We Stand.

Stop talking us down.

Brexit Britain is a Global Britain.

Except you. You're not welcome. Or you. Yes, even you.

Welcome to Brexit Phase 2 Mafia!

You are Carwyn Jones.

Wales is very important to us. You're the next country on the line. We will get back to you with utmost priority. We all love Wales.

You are aligned with TOWN.

You are an Ordinary Town. You have no powers other than voting.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win when you eliminate all threats to Town

When you have read this Role PM, please reply to it to confirm acknowledgement.

Mentor Program:
For new and returning players who would like some assistance, we offer a mentorship program where a volunteer veteran player can assist you. If you are interested in having a Mentor for this game, please contact your Gamerunner. For more info, please check the main MafiERA OT.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cabot

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
What Is Mafia?
Mafia, also known as Werewolf, is a famous social deduction game that puts two teams against each other: Town and Mafia. Mafia players know who everyone in their team is, while Town players only know their own alignment. Cut into two 'Phases', Day and Night, the game entails Town trying to eliminate the Mafia via discussion and voting while the Mafia are trying to not get caught in order to match or outnumber the Town in order to win.

Interested in joining or learning more? Check out our MafiERA OT!

Fundamentals:
1. All site-wide rules apply here.
2. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not discuss this game outside of this thread.
3. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs, posts, conversations, or any other type of document that was not made in this thread.
4. Players are allowed to lie, within reason, about any game-related material such as the content of a role PM.
5. Please respect all of your fellow players. We ask that you respect a player's personal pronouns and be aware of accessibility when using non-default text formatting. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity.
6. Mafia can be an intense and stressful game at times with situations becoming heated. Despite this, being overly hostile towards your fellow players is not allowed. If a player is caught name calling, using slurs, and/or other aggressive behaviors determined by the Gamerunner they will be warned. If these behaviors continue despite the warning that player will be modkilled. No exceptions.

Activity:
7. Players are required to post a minimum of 10 posts per day phase. Failure to adhere to this will first result in a warning. On the second offense that player will be removed from the game.
8. If a player posts fewer than 5 posts in a day phase without alerting the Gamerunner to their absence, they will be removed from the game without a warning.
9. If you are unable to continue playing for whatever reason, please contact your Gamerunner.
10. If a replacement is added to the game, they may request the current/upcoming night phase to be extended up-to 48 hours to allow time to catch up.

Voting and Lynching:
11. In order to vote for another player to be lynched, you must present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: playername[ /HIGHLIGHT ]. Misspelt votes are only accepted within reason. Any other format will not be accepted.
12. To remove a vote from a player, you may simply vote for another player, or you may present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]UNVOTE[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
13. Players may vote for a "No Lynch" to end the day phase without a lynch. This is done by using the formatting above and typing: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: No Lynch[ /HIGHLIGHT ].
14. When a player has received a strict majority of available votes (>50%), the day phase ends with the lynch of that player. Once a day phase has ended any in-game discussion stops and votes cast after that will not be counted.

Death and the Spectator Thread:
15. Once you are dead, you may no longer discuss the game in any manner with any of the remaining players.
16. Once dead, players may have a choice between the spectator thread and the replacement list. PM your Gamerunner for more information.

Other
17. Outside of explicit allowances the use of the highlight tag is strictly for Gamerunners. Do not use it.
18. Do not edit your posts or hide content in the formatting. Repeat offenders will be removed from the game.
19. If a player is Banned or they are replaced due to inactivity they will have the lowest possible priority when signing up for a spot in their next game.
20. Gamerunners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes beforehand.

BREXIT Specific
21. No deal is better than a bad deal
22. Nothing has changed
23. Brexit means Brexit

Last edited:

Daemul

Dec 13, 2017
Scotland
I've been absent from threads about Brexit since the referendum, but since this seems to be nearing the end it seems I can come back just in time to watch the ensuing chaos as the deadline approaches.

This is going to be a rough ride.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been absent from threads about Brexit since the referendum, but since this seems to be nearing the end it seems I can come back just in time to watch the ensuing chaos as the deadline approaches.

This is going to be a rough ride.

I don't think this game of mafia is going to be a rough ride at all. Unless you're cabot. :p

Daemul

Dec 13, 2017
Scotland
And we've got the first one!!

tenor.gif

(That didn't take long, wrong thread Daemul)
I don't think this game of mafia is going to be a rough ride at all. Unless you're cabot. :p
Oh ffs. Let's just keep this a secret between us folks. This never happened, I was never here.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean saying this isn't the real negotiation table?

Have I been played?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I have two things to say before the game begins:

1. We should lynch/shoot everyone with a Brexit themed avatar first, then we can begin actually playing Mafia.
2. I am American and I understand none of the jokes made in this thread so far.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have two things to say before the game begins:

1. We should lynch/shoot everyone with a Brexit themed avatar first, then we can begin actually playing Mafia.
2. I am American and I understand none of the jokes made in this thread so far.

Don't worry. I don't understand it in the slightest at all.

We'll be American buddies... together!

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
#TEAMAMERICA

We gonna win Brexit.

3LtL.gif

I don't read, don't ask questions and certainly no nothing of the world.

I'm a true patriot.

Also.

giphy.gif

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Good luck and god speed good people...god speed

And let us remember this moment fondly with Brexit's iconic pop group the Sp!C£ GIRLS
DefinitiveSnarlingHuman-small.gif

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Would this be a good time to mention that I work in the IT department at parliament? Because if all this talk about bumping off politicians sets off some hidden alert and ruins my security clearance, rest assured I'll be holding everyone but myself responsible.

OP
OP
cabot

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Would this be a good time to mention that I work in the IT department at parliament? Because if all this talk about bumping off politicians sets off some hidden alert and ruins my security clearance, rest assured I'll be holding everyone but myself responsible.

This is incredible. Why are you not in the UK PoliEra Discord?

An eye into the storm.

Oct 27, 2017
We lynch Fantomas first. It's decided. Thank you

Look at you, fake German. Or should I say someone who acts like an Einzelkind.
I mean i can get along. Question is... Can you?
Vote: nin
Liar. Copycat. You Are The Worst. I'll see to it, that only the real Merkel will stand victorious. You're going to lose this battle and s u f f e r

The fight is on

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
This is incredible. Why are you not in the UK PoliEra Discord?

An eye into the storm.

It's not as much of an eye as you might expect - the vast majority of the people around parliament are involved in admin or such, but it's still a fascinating place to be. I don't have many stories as such - that and confidentiality clauses and such - but I'll share something a baroness told me a little while ago.

For those not familiar with our system, the House of Lords - our upper house, like the senate in the states - is appointed, rather than elected. While there is a bit of cronyism, of course, the idea is that the members are appointed based on expertise in certain fields. That way, when a question comes up, there should be someone there who knows the subject and can give a good answer about it - so, for education questions there'll be teaching experts, for healthcare questions there'll be medical experts and so on. The problem is, though, that with Brexit, everyone thinks they're an expert - as a result, the debates have been far lengthier and chaotic than they normally are! So, if anyone's still wondering why it's taken so long to work everything out (if they've managed that at all)...