• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
This is why you are highly suspect to me. Yet my town read swamped town reads you and there was the note business with faddy, which I doubt was scum/scum hunting for PRs. I've said these points before. You are again deflecting this onto me instead of actually contributing

WHY IS THIS TOWN? Swamped gir

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
/I'm out. have fun figuring the game out.

Don't do this. I get your frustation now, but overall this has been a pretty active game. We've just hit a low after all the successes. Also, the day ain't over.

Can't speak for others, but I found out relatively late the forum was back live and I've been at work for the most part since. I will do some digging.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
NO FUCK THAT

Try to give out anything more than MELON IS SCUM for once. You keep every path open and refuse to help town. All you do is call out everyone on everything but that never amounts to anything. You can simply go MELON IS SCUM!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA HAMMER TIME and that is your contribution!
You can question ppl on their reads/cores and things but dont want to answer when someone questions you on yours and act all pissy?
Calling everyone out on everything? Your doing the same. If we are talking about track records on catching scum. Yours is just as shitty as mine, if not more so.
I think melon is scum. Want to see her flip because the other players like nin and low coasters are hard for me to read.
This is why you are highly suspect to me. Yet my town read swamped town reads you and there was the note business with faddy, which I doubt was scum/scum hunting for PRs. I've said these points before. You are again deflecting this onto me instead of actually contributing

Yet im on your town core list. Last day phase, well after the cs note thing. You said I was scum. You've already admitted to lying about townreading me for days. Seems like you are more upset im not being scumread than anything else. Why am I the one that you are aiming at? I've stated my case on melon and voted for melon. Why arent you just as frustrated at melon/ab or the others?

/I'm out. have fun figuring the game out.
cool

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the town watcher. My tracks, results and reasons are here:

D1: Tracked CoolestSpot, who did not move. I figured with his head so close to the chopping block if he had a scum power, he would use it that night. Nothing happened.

D2: Stuart. Doesn't really matter since he's dead.

D3: EzekelRAGE. Did not move. Scum were down two players at this point, so it's likely whoever is left would be moving for kills or their own powers. Nada

D4: Nin. Did not move. Scum are likely down to two players at this point. With nin not moving either he's the scum gossip (I'm convinced that power is scum) who didn't act that night, or twon.

D5: Gorlak. Did not move. The only way Gorlak isn't town is if he and Swamped are both scum and Swamped put in the kill command. I find this unlikely.

While it is possible any of the above (except Stuart) are scum who simply didn't move when I tracked them, I find it unlikely. Coolest nearly died during that day phase, so why wouldn't he use his power that night? It was early enough and there were enough players he could probably lie his way out of a track or at least buy time. The rest didn't move when scum had very limited players left, Gorlak especially.

Go nuts.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Aw, I promise I haven't abandoned you Gorlak! Your reactions always make me feel a tinge of guilt lol.

gir Swamped give your input on the above discourse re:dcpat

I like DCPat's retort to the point you brought up about him given Faddy town cred. He says it's because Faddy was the first to vote ET and ET flipped scum on D1. I would probably conclude the same thing. DCPat honestly isn't on my radar, and I just somehow don't think that turmoil vs DCPat on D5 was town vs scum.

Malus has never been in a chat before right? I mean, he brings up a valid concern. If you recall, that's one of the first things I worried about in our chat. Maybe after the chat disappears scum gets a hold of it. Maybe that's their investigative role.

This happens all.the.time in mafia games. We have an unconscious bias - we always find reasons to scum read the loud players, the players we tend to interact with more. In my opinion, there is evidence to suggest that Zeke is town, especially after I read his interactions with Faddy. In so many games we have focused on the loud players and let coaster scum slip through.

Oct 27, 2017
Why arent you just as frustrated at melon/ab or the others?
Because you are here ffs. Do something. Give out YOUR reads for once. How the fuck am I supposed to read you if all your posts boil down to "look at that: could be both. Oh and btw melon is scum"

I was equally frustrated with melon and ab if you followed the game. I gave up on getting sth from them.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the town watcher. My tracks, results and reasons are here:

D1: Tracked CoolestSpot, who did not move. I figured with his head so close to the chopping block if he had a scum power, he would use it that night. Nothing happened.

D2: Stuart. Doesn't really matter since he's dead.

D3: EzekelRAGE. Did not move. Scum were down two players at this point, so it's likely whoever is left would be moving for kills or their own powers. Nada

D4: Nin. Did not move. Scum are likely down to two players at this point. With nin not moving either he's the scum gossip (I'm convinced that power is scum) who didn't act that night, or twon.

D5: Gorlak. Did not move. The only way Gorlak isn't town is if he and Swamped are both scum and Swamped put in the kill command. I find this unlikely.

While it is possible any of the above (except Stuart) are scum who simply didn't move when I tracked them, I find it unlikely. Coolest nearly died during that day phase, so why wouldn't he use his power that night? It was early enough and there were enough players he could probably lie his way out of a track or at least buy time. The rest didn't move when scum had very limited players left, Gorlak especially.

Go nuts.

You say you're a watcher, but you are a tracker right? You follow a player to see who they visited? As a reminder, a watcher is someone who sees who visited the target.

If you are indeed a tracker, why not follow Chuggs who said he was a sleepwalker?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
absolutbro can I get reasons for tracking who you did on those days? Even for stu.
CoolestSpot: With how close he was to dying, I figured a scum player (especially a scum x-shot) would use their power or submit the faction kill rather than risk another player.

Stuart444: much the same reason. He kept going on about how likely he was to get lynched, so I figured he would use his power or submit a faction kill. He did either and turned out to be VT anyway.

Zeke: Honestly this one was probably just me being biased. I had spent the day phase arguing with you and trying to rile players up around you, but you didn't move either.

Nin: People seemed to buy his VT claim for the most part. With how late in the game it was I figured if he was scum he would be doing the faction kill by now (there were already 3 dead scum players at this point).

Gorlak: Heavy posters tend to die, Gorlak didn't. Seemed worth a follow just in case. I figure scum are down to two players at this point (likely the gossip and one other player), so with Gorlak not moving at all I find it super likely he's town.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
You say you're a watcher, but you are a tracker right? You follow a player to see who they visited? As a reminder, a watcher is someone who sees who visited the target.

If you are indeed a tracker, why not follow Chuggs who said he was a sleepwalker?
Sorry, Tracker, yes. I didn't bother to follow Chuggs because I believed his claim (and said so repeatedly). I especially believed it because I was a tracker. A one-shot ninja vs. a tracker isn't much of an off-set. It's one shot and if I don't follow that specific person the ONE time they use their power, the ninja power is wasted. A sleepwalker, otoh, would give a read ANY time I followed that person. Seems like a stronger spanner in the works, so to speak. I was able to believe my results even knowing there was a ninja, because I never followed that player.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Because you are here ffs. Do something. Give out YOUR reads for once. How the fuck am I supposed to read you if all your posts boil down to "look at that: could be both. Oh and btw melon is scum"

I was equally frustrated with melon and ab if you followed the game. I gave up on getting sth from them.
Read me however you want. Na, your frustration with me isnt equal to melon or abs. There are also 8 other players you can hound. So have at it.

Yep, which is why I wanted to see his reasoning for choosing the ppl he did. D3 he chose me instead of chuggs who claimed that day iirc.
Are you shitting me??????????
Nope. You have been scumreading me. So me being on your town core doesnt make sense.

Gir/Swamped - I have a null read on so would like to see why you town read them.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
CoolestSpot: With how close he was to dying, I figured a scum player (especially a scum x-shot) would use their power or submit the faction kill rather than risk another player.

Stuart444: much the same reason. He kept going on about how likely he was to get lynched, so I figured he would use his power or submit a faction kill. He did either and turned out to be VT anyway.

Zeke: Honestly this one was probably just me being biased. I had spent the day phase arguing with you and trying to rile players up around you, but you didn't move either.

Nin: People seemed to buy his VT claim for the most part. With how late in the game it was I figured if he was scum he would be doing the faction kill by now (there were already 3 dead scum players at this point).

Gorlak: Heavy posters tend to die, Gorlak didn't. Seemed worth a follow just in case. I figure scum are down to two players at this point (likely the gossip and one other player), so with Gorlak not moving at all I find it super likely he's town.
hmm, seems believable.

Still why claim now?
Why not lay low like youve been doing? Not like you were gonna get lynched.
Why not follow swamped tonight?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Also as a tracker I can see him believing Chuggs' claim. Will have to go back and look, but will believe it for the time being.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
hmm, seems believable.

Still why claim now?
Why not lay low like youve been doing? Not like you were gonna get lynched.
Why not follow swamped tonight?
At least a couple people up for consideration were on my list, so it made sense to put this out there. I'm also dealing with a bunch of other non-game shit and haven't been able to do as much reading as I should.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
If you believed chugs claim, why did you have him in your top scum?
I was lying about Chuggernaut. I actually did think I was onto something with Turmoil, so by throwing Chuggs under the bus I bought time (and if Chuggernaut got lynched we saw his flip, so win win in a way). Then Turmoil died and took TheChuggernaut with him and well, here we are.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Zeke I'm in a holding pattern on. We'll see what else comes of the chat claim, if others come forward, etc. We've already been over the mechanical aspect of it.

GP I leaned scummy early on. I always find it a little suspicious when I see posts like "I'm suspicious of A and B" without much reason and then one of them turns out to be scum. Those always feel like CYA posts where you have the ability to both bus ("I was suspicious of B in post ###") and try to build town points when you're off vote on a town lynch ("I didn't want to lynch A, see post ###"). There is absolutely the chance of an innocent post getting really unlucky, but early posts like that always feel like building block posts. That said, today GP has seemed more town to me, asking a few decent questions and calling out a few things. Nothing super great, but better than my scum gut feeling from last day phase.

Faddy is kind of a toss up. He's seemed super defensive about small things, but I find myself agreeing with his views on other players. I'd say burned out town more than anything.

Honestly, the player who a reread has done the worst for is nin. His early claim should have been an almost nonissue, but I do have to admit it worked somewhat to get discussion going. His tunneling isn't completely unusual, but tunneling a replacement player does seem to be. He's been really aggressive about meaningless things like early joke votes, was weirdly defensive of Gorlak early on, and had a bunch of fluff agreement type posts while coming down on others for fluff. Not saying he's scum, but it looks bad.

I mean, this is coming from me so take with a mountain of salt.

An early read from D2 (I think? you can correct me). His Faddy read is so scummy, feels like he's leaving himself open to voting for him if the occasion ever arises.

Not going to lie Stu. If it comes down to LP or Chuggernaut, I'd

Vote: TheChuggernaut

He was slowly showing suspicion for Chuggs before this vote, but the upshot is that he did not want to vote for a scum member.

I think it's almost certainly a scum power. I would gave to double check day 2, but I don't remember any claims or anything that would make a town player stop using their power for multiple days. If anything I would think the opposite. IIRC D2 we got the scum ninja? That should hint a town player into a town motion detector existing and the more players come forward with chats the likelier it gets seen as a town power.

Not town mention the whole "not speaking in their own night chat" part, which doesn't seem town at all.

I'm leaning town on Zeke, but only just. The weird hammer obsession (to the point of unvoting) is probably just for fun, but the constant shade at every side of a decision still rubs me the wrong way. I'm not talking about seeing both sides, I mean just constantly saying someone is wrong for a decision while someone else is wrong for the OTHER side of that decision. See: voting/pushing kalor. Scum is you do, scum if you don't type of thing. Makes it easy to CYA when something goes wrong.

Also holy shit does mobile ERA fuck up anyone else's autocorrect hardcore?

Yeah my autocorrect has been all over the place on mobile.

I think it's so interesting that AB jumps to it being a scum power, it got me thinking because both Gorlak and I immediately thought it was a town power. On N1 it was Fanto (confirmed town) and Zeke (likely town). N5 it was me (town) and Gorlak (likely town). We thought it was someone targetting overall town-read people so we could have some productive discussions. But maybe all the targets were chosen to be town members on purpose. And who would know everyone's alignment...that's right scum. The large gap between the chats is also weird. If scum were using the chats for investigative purposes then it could explain the gap. They want to be cautious (which is what AB was saying in the above post). That it's a scum power was not something that directly popped into my head, but that was the first thing AB thought so it makes me suspicious.

VOTE: absolutbro

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I was lying about Chuggernaut. I actually did think I was onto something with Turmoil, so by throwing Chuggs under the bus I bought time (and if Chuggernaut got lynched we saw his flip, so win win in a way). Then Turmoil died and took TheChuggernaut with him and well, here we are.
That doesnt make sense.

You were lying about scumreading chug there? Doesnt make sense to lie.

Bought time for what?

If you believed his claim, seeing chuggs flip isnt a "win win" for town.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I figured the long gap between uses was because people were immediately suspicious of Zeke after Fantos died the same night both were in the chat. I know I was suspicious of Zeke. There's pages of arguments about it to show for it.

There's also every reason for a scum player to invite two town players to a chat and then spy on them, rather than scum and town. If they invite scum and town and the town players keep ending up dead, it throws suspicion on the surviving players. If you invite two town, you keep scum safe and throw suspicion on the surviving town players. So yeah, if I were the scum gossip I would absolutely use the power the way it has been used.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
<3 we'll always have Tatooine.

source.gif

But you also voted for Chuggs on D4, and then EoD vote on turmoil

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
That doesnt make sense.

You were lying about scumreading chug there? Doesnt make sense to lie.

Bought time for what?

If you believed his claim, seeing chuggs flip isnt a "win win" for town.
It makes perfect sense to lie about scum reading chuggernaut if I'm actually scumreading Turmoil and plan to follow him that night. Which was the plan. Then they both died. There was enough of a train on Turmoil that if he was lynched and flipped scum (like I thought he would), I would follow someone that didn't vote for him. Basically I used Chuggernaut as a shield.

And yeah, it sucks seeing a town player die as town, but it answered definitely whether or not he was a sleepwalker. And losing a sleepwalker PR isn't really a hit to town, since it's a PR with no actual utility.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Why me tonight? am I high on his scum list?
I am right here.

And no, with Coolest not moving N2 you're not exactly high on my scum list. I also stand by my "scum inviting two town players and spying on them", because it's a great use of the power and also fits the "government spying on its people" type theme.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
7. [m] absolutbro - scum?
9. [m] nin - null
10. [m] EzekelRAGE - town?
11. [m] Gorlak - town?
12. [m] Alexem - null
13. [f] melonrabbit - null, I'll get to her now EzekelRAGE
16. [m] gir - town?
18. [m] malus - town?
19. [m] DCPat - town?
20. [m] Z-Beat - scum?

11 players left, possibly two scum. Hey, at least our odds are better than searching for a needle in a haystack!

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
I am right here.

And no, with Coolest not moving N2 you're not exactly high on my scum list. I also stand by my "scum inviting two town players and spying on them", because it's a great use of the power and also fits the "government spying on its people" type theme.

I mean, that would be a really cool scum power. Just wondering why Zeke thought you should follow me.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I don't understand this line of thinking. A sleepwalker is no more "so catastrophic" to town than any other PR that moves to a target. The gossip (if it exists) would also trigger a motion detector. The only real difference is that the SW doesn't actually do anything else.

I quoted the above post for some reason, cant remember why though.

Fakeedit: How do you know a gossip would trigger the motion detector?

It makes perfect sense to lie about scum reading chuggernaut if I'm actually scumreading Turmoil and plan to follow him that night. Which was the plan. Then they both died. There was enough of a train on Turmoil that if he was lynched and flipped scum (like I thought he would), I would follow someone that didn't vote for him. Basically I used Chuggernaut as a shield.

And yeah, it sucks seeing a town player die as town, but it answered definitely whether or not he was a sleepwalker. And losing a sleepwalker PR isn't really a hit to town, since it's a PR with no actual utility.
No it doesnt make sense to scumread Chugger because you scumread Turmoil. You couldnt thrown anyone else up there besides the person you leaned town on because you believed his claim. If you died that night and ppl saw you were a tracker they would look at chugger the next day, due to your power and read.
Why me tonight? am I high on his scum list?
He's going on the theory that if anyone moves its a high chance they are scum.
He believes the chat is a scum power.
He checked gorlak last night and he didnt move.

Why not check you tonight?

I think its possible scum can put another scum player in the chat as well.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks AB.

Gorlak can be even more annoying than Stu.
Damn

Malus

Coasting is my reason.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Fakeedit: How do you know a gossip would trigger the motion detector?
I mean, the gossip clearly has to choose people. Powers that choose people tend to trigger any sort of motion detector, unless the power explicitly is untrackable like a hider or something.

No it doesnt make sense to scumread Chugger because you scumread Turmoil. You couldnt thrown anyone else up there besides the person you leaned town on because you believed his claim. If you died that night and ppl saw you were a tracker they would look at chugger the next day, due to your power and read.
I figured it was unlikely that I was going to die that night, especially if scum thought I was looking at two town players (since they would have known Turmoil wasn't scum). No plan is perfect. Besides, if I came out and said "I think x other person is scum" without building a case it definitely would have turned heads.

He's going on the theory that if anyone moves its a high chance they are scum.
He believes the chat is a scum power.
He checked gorlak last night and he didnt move.

Why not check you tonight?
Not quite. It's less "they moved therefore scum" and more "they DIDN'T move and actions still took place, ergo they couldn't cause those actions".

I think its possible scum can put another scum player in the chat as well.[/QUOTE]
I do yes.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Not quite. It's less "they moved therefore scum" and more "they DIDN'T move and actions still took place, ergo they couldn't cause those actions".

I think its possible scum can put another scum player in the chat as well.
Still the same thing, the moving makes them look scummy. If you believe scum can put scum in the chat, why not check the other chat member tonight?
Why out yourself as what seems to be our only investigative role this late in the game? W/o getting any movements? I still cant wrap my head around the claim in the first place.

.[/QUOTE]
1: Malus made graphs and has been keeping the claim list updated, so "coasting" is weird.
2: You literally switched votes during 'let's try that again'.

ohnobabywutisyoudoin.gif
I wouldnt townread him based on those either. Just busywork. I dont think he has ever given a reads list.

nin switching votes is weird and "coasting" as the reason is lazy/weak.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks AB.

Gorlak can be even more annoying than Stu.
Damn

Malus

Coasting is my reason.
Ups, let's try that again

Vote: Z-Beat
what...

absolutbro why claim now?
1: Malus made graphs and has been keeping the claim list updated, so "coasting" is weird.
2: You literally switched votes during 'let's try that again'.

ohnobabywutisyoudoin.gif
To be honest that's not really saying much (though I am quite proud of the graphs). In conspiracy mafia I took up the mantle of claim list updater specifically to appear to contribute something so I wouldn't read too much into it.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
1. If Swamped put herself in the chat last night, Coolest would have moved when he used the power N1, the ONLY other night a chat occurred. So I can conclude that neither Swamped/Coolest nor Gorlak is our gossip. That leaves a few options:

A: It is a town power, in which the town player can read, but not chat.
B: It is a town power, in which the town player can chat but chose not to do so TWICE.
C: It is a scum power, in which the scum player can read but not chat.
D: It is a scum power, in which the scum player can chat but chose not to do so.

Of those four options, which to you is mostly likely? To me, it's either C or D, which in the end are the same result: A scum power that neither Swamped/Coolest nor Gorlak used. Since there was a scum kill last night, and Gorlak did not move, it means it is supremely unlikely that Gorlak is scum.

2: Why out myself: Some of the players going back and forth today and suspecting each other are on my list. You, Gorlak and Swamped (via Coolest) and to a much lesser extent Nin. I figure at the very least, it can help narrow down who we need to look into. And even if I didn't see someone move, I figured that getting NO movement out of players when there are only 2 scum left is pretty useful information. So far we've seen a scum roleblocker, a 1-shot ninja and a goon. I still think we have a scum gossip on our hands, which leaves one other scum player. It's likely they have a power or are submitting the faction kill (they would have had to last night).

3:
absolutbro - me
nin - did not move N4. Keep in mind, there are 3 dead scum at this point.
EzekelRAGE - did not move N3.
Gorlak - did not move N5. Almost certainly town
Swamped (formerly CoolestSpot) - did not move N1.

to me, at least, that leaves:
12. [m] Alexem - GMT
13. [f] melonrabbit - PST
16. [m] gir - GMT
18. [m] B-Dubs - EST [m] malus - UTC+1
19. [m] DCPat - UTC+1
20. [m] Z-Beat - PST

that narrows it down from 2/10 to 2/6.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
absolutbro why claim now?

To be honest that's not really saying much (though I am quite proud of the graphs). In conspiracy mafia I took up the mantle of claim list updater specifically to appear to contribute something so I wouldn't read too much into it.
See above.

And it's not that I'm town reading it (I don't think I ever said I did), it's that it is at least doing something. Plenty of others (myself included) have done less and are coasting more.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
1. If Swamped put herself in the chat last night, Coolest would have moved when he used the power N1, the ONLY other night a chat occurred. So I can conclude that neither Swamped/Coolest nor Gorlak is our gossip. That leaves a few options:
Ok, good point about CS not moving N1 so couldnt be Chat maker. Im probably just misunderstanding how a tracker works. You track when someone goes to another person? Or any action that person does?

I was thinking it was the former. And wasnt sure how a gossip would show up for a tracker since you are choosing two ppl to interact with each other, not like a doc/inves/killer who does the action themselves. . But if you get notified if they moved(performed any action) then make sense that clears cs/swamped.

1. at this point its a scum power. no way a town with that pr lets it linger for so long.
2. can understand, still wouldve let it sit a lil longer to see who would be the lynch candidate for today before outing myself.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Chuggernaut coming forward about being a sleepwalker feels towny. Sure, it's an easy enough claim for scum to fake (since what tracker in their right mind would waste a night's read on a sleepwalker), but why come forward at all? Being worried about a town tracker (scum tracker seems much rarer to me) makes sense, even if the "what if I sleep walk into a murder scene!" bit is a bit of a stretch.

This is interesting in regards to AB's Chugger suspicion and vote (which were lies now? correct me if I'm wrong). There is some interesting line of thinking here. If you read this you might think as town tracker; hmm maybe it's not a bad idea to check this).

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
This is interesting in regards to AB's Chugger suspicion and vote (which were lies now? correct me if I'm wrong). There is some interesting line of thinking here. If you read this you might think as town tracker; hmm maybe it's not a bad idea to check this).
absolutbro I need precise statements, because you've contradicted yourself twice.

What is your role? What do you see?
Was CS N1 or N2?
thoughts on his reasoning for putting chuggs in his top scum list? I still dont like it.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
thoughts on his reasoning for putting chuggs in his top scum list? I still dont like it.

I saw your quotes and I also didn't like it. I have to continue reading him back and see what happens, but it is interesting that it started with a townread of Chugger after the claim and came to the posts you quoted.