• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Chuggernaut coming forward about being a sleepwalker feels towny. Sure, it's an easy enough claim for scum to fake (since what tracker in their right mind would waste a night's read on a sleepwalker), but why come forward at all? Being worried about a town tracker (scum tracker seems much rarer to me) makes sense, even if the "what if I sleep walk into a murder scene!" bit is a bit of a stretch.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
absolutbro I need precise statements, because you've contradicted yourself twice.

What is your role? What do you see?
Was CS N1 or N2?
Tracker. I pick someone and see who they visit that night. I do not see what action they preform, if any.
Coolest was Night 1. If Coolest had been scum I would have expected they use whatever power they have, or perform the faction kill if they didn't have another action. It is by no means a 100% clear, but makes me lean more town towards Coolest and thus Swamped than I do on other players for whom I have even less.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Alright, I'm about to leave. I should be back shortly before day end but just in case Zeke brings down the hammer again, I'll share some final thoughts.

I'm currently comfortable with my vote on nin. His defense of Faddy smelled bad. On day 4 he had L_P in his kill list, but voted turmoil anyway. He was quite enthusiastic about the hammer on turmoil as well. Also he claimed he wanted to go for melon last day phase but now doesn't vote her again. Seems to jump around randomly with his votes. He did seem a little smug when no one really wanted to vote him even though he proclaimed himself useless on day 5.

I find it strange that AB would mix up his own role in his claim (watcher/tracker) when he had ample time to compose his post. Not something that's very telling but just something that stood out to me. I'm giving him a pass today, since scum will take care of him if they deem him dangerous enough and he may give some useful information yet. Just keep in mind that a scum tracker can easily make the same claim.

I liked Gorlaks effort today and think his outburst after no one really followed his enthusiasm was genuine.

Now that the night chat creator is confirmed I feel better about Zeke.

Still hard to read melonrabbit and DCPat. Both were kind of here but didn't throw large waves. I'm at the moment a bit more suspicious of melon than DC.

Gir, Alexem and Z-Beat are MIA?

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
AbsolutBro (with his claim in the back of my head);
He was absent most of day one and when he came to vote he had to make a choice between ET and CS. The vote on CS is pretty weak, but on the other hand he didn't see the ET lynch. The somebody protecting CS narrative doesn't hold up since CS put himself up for lynch there.

He responds to Chugger claim. Believes and townreads him Actually mentiones tracker role there. Believing a Tracker shouldn't waste a shot on him. Why is his vote on Kalor without any reason? He was asked for more input by Stuart on other people, but didn't talk about Kalor. His vote was on Kalor, while is scumread from earlier GP was the other wagon. I know you felt better about him AB, but I saw nothing on Kalor. Or did I miss something?

After that I'm not sure what is going on. I'm reading through his posts but nothing really sticks out to me. There is specially a lot of back and forth between him and Zeke. Mostly about the night chat. There is also this Chugger/Turmoil thing.

Do I believe his claim? Hard one. I would believe him because he certainly is interested in the night actions. Talking about Chugger and the night chat a lot. Also, if this is a fake claim, he chose 4 targets that can say he lied.

2 issues:
- I do not really like his targets choices and the reasoning he gave for them.
- Trying to bait Town PR?

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Coolest was Night 1. If Coolest had been scum I would have expected they use whatever power they have, or perform the faction kill if they didn't have another action. It is by no means a 100% clear, but makes me lean more town towards Coolest and thus Swamped than I do on other players for whom I have even less.

I do not understand this. I don't see why CS would use any power he has after that first day.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Sorry I've been away for a while - not feeling well at all today, so I had to come home from work early and get some rest.

AB's claim does seem somewhat surprising for the timing. I can't really say that five nights' worth of 'they didn't move anywhere' gets us anywhere. The part about fake scum-reading Chuggernaut to buy more investigation time really doesn't sit well with me, though - AB, I don't think that you've exactly been in much danger so far. There've been a couple of activity votes and some concerns, sure, but I don't think there's been enough opposition to you to warrant setting up Chuggernaut for a fall to keep yourself going. Besides, if you're town, you could be a target for a night kill at any time anyway, so it does come across as a needlessly callous move.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
absolutbro Was this before or after your turmoil/chugger case? If it's before it's pretty weird after townreading Chugger, and you said you lied because you saw something in Turmoil/Chugger.
Before I think. If you keep reading you'll see I jumped on Turmoil not long after. I didn't really think a TheChuggernaut lynch would take off, so throwing that vote down was easy enough.

Hm.

unvote

Turmoil was actually my next choice, so seeing TheChuggernaut scum reading him is giving me second thoughts.

Also, TheChuggernaut, your name is now the first autosuggest in my phone when I type 'the'. XD

funnily enough, my reread made this small exchange stand out. This is BEFORE I unvote theChuggernaut or say anything about Turmoil:

Since most of my thoughts on TheChuggernaut center around his own posts and Faddy (who is dead), who else does his flip make you want to look at?
Honestly, saw donna and sophia as close despite sophias claim of no defence. If lp flips scum, next person to look at would be chugs

Donna was replaced by TheChuggernaut (town), but we know Sophia/LP was scum. Gives me a bit of confidence in my townread on gir.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do find it a little weird that you've survived this long, gorlak. It seems like it would've been a solid move to kill gorlak after his initial rant on me to implicate me and kill me with a mislynch while simultaneously discrediting gorlak, unless whoever else he was targeting wasn't willing to take that gambit

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I do not understand this. I don't see why CS would use any power he has after that first day.
I agree. I do wonder how x-shot roles would factor in his read here? absolutbro
Lots of people use their x-shot powers early on, to make sure they don't die with charges left. I don't know how much clearer I can be on why I thought Coolest would use a power after D1. Look at TMBG: he was a one-shot double lyncher (lynch two targets, not sure what it's called) and used his power immediately.

Again, I'm not saying that this clears him entirely. It along with Swamped being in a chat last night means that Coolest/Swamped cannot be the gossip. That's why I brought it up. I would have either seen Coolest create the Fanto/Zeke chat, or I would have seen Gorlak create the gossip that he and Swamped (formerly Coolest) were in. Is that more clear?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He would've been cool with killing me and killing you first probably would have sealed that for the following day, THEN they could've killed panda. Scum efficiency doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Maybe I'm missing something

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Swamped I think our plan kicks in (although you probably know why I hesitate? 1:1 would be a good trade, I'd say we tell everything)

I was hoping you'd say something to this effect. I've been mulling it but wasn't sure lol. Besides if the chat is indeed a scum power I'm already screwed, as they have probably read it. But if that isn't the case, I'd rather not reveal too much.

SilverSpicyFrog-size_restricted.gif

I moved N1.

Gorlak can back me up.

I love AB, but he is scum. You all need to vote for him.

Also, I called he was scum before he even did his roleclaim. I got some sickass reads.

Oct 27, 2017
He would've been cool with killing me and killing you first probably would have sealed that for the following day, THEN they could've killed panda. Scum efficiency doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Maybe I'm missing something
I.. don't understand this. Who would've been cool with killing you? GP? So my death would've resulted in your lynch? That's what you are trying to say here?

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Swamped I think our plan kicks in (although you probably know why I hesitate? 1:1 would be a good trade, I'd say we tell everything)
I believe AB is lying here.

Swamped told last night me she moved N1, this is what I can confirm.

What's AB's motivation here? Swamped

Well, this is probably the hubris talking but I called him out as scum, and maybe he wanted to get ahead of the game.

I can also see this as an attempt to fish.

Which would mean that scum don't have access to the chats, cos why fish if they know my role already? I was pretty open about it in the chat.

Swamped my only question about you moving N1.

Are you the chat creator?

I am not.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Well, this is probably the hubris talking but I called him out as scum, and maybe he wanted to get ahead of the game.

Which would mean that scum don't have access to the chats, cos why fish if they know my role already? I was pretty open about it in the chat.
Hmm, unfortunate for fanto, hit by two powers of differing alignments?
Ok, this should be fun then.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping you'd say something to this effect. I've been mulling it but wasn't sure lol. Besides if the chat is indeed a scum power I'm already screwed, as they have probably read it. But if that isn't the case, I'd rather not reveal too much.

I moved N1.

Gorlak can back me up.

I love AB, but he is scum. You all need to vote for him.

Also, I called he was scum before he even did his roleclaim. I got some sickass reads.
I have some bad news for you about your reads...

There is the off chance that the scum blocker hit me N1 and that's why I got a "No movement" read. It's a small chance, but given what happened in TMBG I've seen worse. Doesn't really matter, you'll all see when you get my flip.

I believe AB is lying here.
The thread was basically dead before I claimed. Why would I bother to claim instead of just coast for a few more hours?

oh well

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK

If AB does know your role, he could just be playing dumb - although I'm not sure what difference that would make.

Oct 27, 2017
So two scenarios

1) AB is lying. Scum figured with no claim yet, town maybe doesn't have an info role. He goes for the claim, maybe hid his partner in there and tries to find a power role?

That is a short lived scum fake claim. No tracker survives until endgame (except bar mafia -.-')

2) Swamped is lying. She told me yesterday she moved (in a ploy to get me to reveal my role? but why let me live?). Obviously she now had to oppose AB or otherwise I would call her out. Damage control? Trade her for town tracker because they had to?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
bahahahaha come to think of it if Coolest had been blocked N1 he wouldn't have moved and I would get a No Movement result. Does your power actually give feedback Swamped?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
No, your second scenario seems possible.

I just wanted you to check your PMs and what result you got for the first night, but I think you'd notice the difference before claiming.
When I saw LP's flip as the Role Blocker I knew there was a chance my early reads were useless. But then I was basically a nonplayer early on, so why would I be roleblocked instead of, say, Stuart or Bear or Nin?

Oct 27, 2017
I find it unlikely that scum would block you N1 absolutbro
Furthermore I distinctly disagree with the at game runner's discretion notion you want to sell. It's bastard if you are blocked and get a no movement.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I find it unlikely that scum would block you N1 absolutbro
Furthermore I distinctly disagree with the at game runner's discretion notion you want to sell. It's bastard if you are blocked and get a no movement.
No you're right. It's far more likely that they blocked CoolestSpot for the same reason I tracked him: they figured he had a power behind his (first) gambit.

FWIW: my N1 result had the same message as all my other results.