• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, no kill.

We still have a few mislynches left, but nice to have a bit more of a buffer.

Welcome Brazil! You're replacing someone that is kinda town read so that's nice.

Happy birthday Gorlak!

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
If you say so. Do you think a townread Fantomas wasn't?
She seemed like a good choice, possibly edging a bit on the risky side of things.

But don't get me wrong - I wasn't implying that there was one specific moment in which you should've been killed but weren't. When I answered "N1", I meant that you should've been a target up for consideration from the get-go. We've now been through 6 phases and you're still here, though. That's not evidence one way or another, but it's caught my attention.

Obviously, that also means that I'm not expecting an explanation from you - consider that question more of a friendly nudge.

Oct 27, 2017
I want to highlight malus and alexem's vote record again:

D1 - ET (b-dubs - #892, alexem - #984 ) - lynch
D3 - Faddy (malus - #2907, alexem - #3025) - lynch
D4 -LP (malus - #3531, alexem - #3585) - lynch
D5 - DCPat (alexem - #3,878, malus - #4,003)
D6 - nin (malus - #4,207, alexem - #4,460) - lynch

D2 was the only day they were seperated (on Kalor and GP ...)

Any opinions? Coincidence? My initial reaction was that this isn't w/w together. They'd be too conscious about the votes, wouldn't they?

I have to look how they explained the switch from DC to nin from D5 to D6 (nin was hanging around 2 votes D5)

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Melon/gorlak

Happy birthday

Theory. Melon/swamped are scum. Melon cooks up the "item i got confirms swamped is town".

They no kill last night.

Melon says item she got from swamped was body armor and she used it last night to save.

Swamped and melon coast to end game securing a scum win

*end scene*

Is there a need for someone so townread (CS/Swamped)?

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Swamped

Us right now:

tumblr_my0pkq9OOx1srcht8o1_500.gif

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please do it when you're able to.

Sorry, between work and the game awards I got a little sidetracked. Seemed like it was a link to absolutebro based on suspicion of grizzly happening in the same post but I'd have to re-review all of that with all the new information.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I apologize for my eod yesterday. I thought I'd be back about an hour before the deadline but we had a surprise event and I got delayed. When I realized I wouldn't be able to read everything I just quickly typed the post in which I probably should have unvoted as well. Though I'm not sure it would have made a difference at all. After now reading everything I believe I would have stuck to nin anyway.

I'm a bit suspect of melons role claim. That sounds like a neutral power at best and a scum power at worst. What exactly do you steal? Only if the target uses the power? passive powers? Does the target lose it's power completely once stolen? Could you have stolen the Ninja kill from Faddy? It all really doesn't make sense to me. Also she "forgot" to use it two nights in a row? with such a powerful role? I doubt it.
I want to highlight malus and alexem's vote record again:

D1 - ET (b-dubs - #892, alexem - #984 ) - lynch
D3 - Faddy (malus - #2907, alexem - #3025) - lynch
D4 -LP (malus - #3531, alexem - #3585) - lynch
D5 - DCPat (alexem - #3,878, malus - #4,003)
D6 - nin (malus - #4,207, alexem - #4,460) - lynch

D2 was the only day they were seperated (on Kalor and GP ...)

Any opinions? Coincidence? My initial reaction was that this isn't w/w together. They'd be too conscious about the votes, wouldn't they?

I have to look how they explained the switch from DC to nin from D5 to D6 (nin was hanging around 2 votes D5)
Seems I was always first on the vote, so either Alex is following me or it's coincidence. I was mainly suspicious of DC in combination with Turmoil. After he flipped town I reconsidered my read on DC and focused on nin instead.
QUICK ROUND

[USER=26208]malus Why did you vote nin?
vote: nin

Either your scum-o-meter is way out of whack or you're scum. Either way it wouldn't be a loss for town.

Also I absolutely hate the interaction between EzekelRAGE and nin at day end. This feels way too enthusiastic for what turned out to be a town lynch.
I'm currently comfortable with my vote on nin. His defense of Faddy smelled bad. On day 4 he had L_P in his kill list, but voted turmoil anyway. He was quite enthusiastic about the hammer on turmoil as well. Also he claimed he wanted to go for melon last day phase but now doesn't vote her again. Seems to jump around randomly with his votes. He did seem a little smug when no one really wanted to vote him even though he proclaimed himself useless on day 5.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
This is the Claim List.
All Confirmed roles are listed first, split between Town and Scum.
Then among the people still alive, the list is split between who has claimed and who has not.
Claims not about their own role are listed in the miscellaneous section.
All claims are in chronological order to the best of my ability.
There is a link to the post with either their Role PM if they are dead, or their claim if they are still alive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirmed Town Due To Death:
Fantomas - Ordinary - Died N1
Kalor - Backfire Override - Died D2
Stuart444 - Ordinary - Died N4
turmoil7 - Vengeful - Died D5
TheChuggernaut - Sleepwalker - Died D5
Giant Panda - Ordinary - Died N5
nin - Ordinary - Died D6

Confirmed Neutral Due To Death:
Grizzly - Mentor - Died N2

Confirmed Scum Due To Death:
ExtremeTactician - Goon - Died D1
Faddy - 1-shot Ninja - Died D3
Lone_Prodigy (Sophia) - Roleblocker - Died D4

Still Living And Role Claimed:
CoolestSpot - Bomber Ordinary - Claimed D1, unclaimed D1, claimed D1, new claim by Swamped D6
absolutbro - Watcher Tracker - Claimed D6, corrected D6
Swamped (CoolestSpot) - Something? - Claimed D6
melonrabbit - Ability Thief - Claimed D6 (1), D6 (2)

No Role Claims:
EzekelRAGE
Gorlak
Alexem
gir
malus (B-Dubs)
DCPat
Z-Beat

Miscellaneous Claims:
EzekelRAGE - Was invited to a night chat with Fantomas by a 3rd party - Claimed D2
CoolestSpot - Received Note that EzekelRAGE visited TheCuggernaut N2 - Claimed D3, fake D3
Gorlak - Was invited to a night chat with Swamped by a 3d party - Claimed D6
Swamped(CoolestSpot) - Was invited to a night chat with Gorlak by a 3d party - Claimed D6

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I know I'm a watcher and I know that I didn't see coolest move N1..
Why do you continue to misname your role?

So you got a message back saying no movement?
To clarify what I mean. You say either zbeat didn't move or you were blocked.

Wouldn't you know if you were blocked? I imagine you would get a message that read differently than if your target didn't move.

Target didn't move - they didn't move, your power worked

Target a visited target b - your power worked

No result - your power failed.

Are you saying you get the same message from target didn't move and you getting roleblocked?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
The fact that it's day 7 and we really have anything to show from melon's power bothers me. Except that she got something from swamped to prove she is town, which we must take her word on. On top of me scumreading her already.

The fact that it's day 7 and AB says he wouldn't know if he is blocked or not bothers me. Seems like something you would get clarified day 1 from cabot.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Well, I've got a reason. You basically confirmed her role, which she told me N5. I can't see the both of you in a scum team together.

Do you think your thief power and a tracker are of the same alignment?

What's your wincon? Steal 3 different powers and use them?

I'm town, my dude.

And I don't think AB is scum if that's what you're asking.

Oct 27, 2017

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Scenario 1 - you are neutral.
Scenario 2 - LP blocked CS and scum would be unknowing. You swoop in for towncred yesterday.

Nope, she told me N5. That's why I don't understand your claimed choice last night. You value yourself more effective?

I don't value myself, no. I'm not sure what kindof of question this is. Scum's Ninja and RB are dead there they can't counter.

I'm interested how much you have to say on her behalf. She has said very little between yesterday's claim and now regarding the situation. So I would like to hear her perspective.

Scenario 1 - Incorrect, I'm town.
Scenario 2 - I wouldn't know her role.
Scenario 3 - I lied and never used it.
Scenario 4 - I did use it already.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I can picture scum leaving cs in the game in hopes of him eventually getting himself lynched. Even if he has the role I believe melon is implying.

Melon if being truthful doesn't make sense to target herself.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
So melonrabbit what exactly is your role? Do abilities have to be used on the night you target them for you to be able to steal them? Do you keep stolen abilities indefinitely if you don't use them? What happens if you target the scum member that uses the faction kill?

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wrap my head around melon's role and how it would fit the balance. It has postive and negative effects on town as we've possibly seen with the one track result.
Is AB town!tracker? Ninja shot says it's more likely. The timing of the claim as well. What was it with fake chugger read? absolutbro I think I asked before, why did you not track turmoil N4 already?

Where is scum's investigative role? Is it the chat creator? Do they have ninja shot, chat, rb and two goons?

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
So melonrabbit what exactly is your role? Do abilities have to be used on the night you target them for you to be able to steal them? Do you keep stolen abilities indefinitely if you don't use them? What happens if you target the scum member that uses the faction kill?

As I said, I can target at night and steal an ability that's being used that night by a player. I get a copy and they're blocked for that night (unbeknownst to them according to Swamped) and I'm able to use that power the following night or whenever. I haven't hit scum or at least scum that's used their powers the same night so idk.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017