• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 7 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

dcpat (5 votes)
alexem - #4,754
gorlak - #5,025
absolutbro - #5,029
melonrabbit - #5,030 #5,039
malus - #5,031
ezekelrage - #5,033

melonrabbit (2 votes)
gorlak - #4,674 #4,691
ezekelrage - #4,740 #4,972
brazil - #4,924
z-beat - #5,010
ezekelrage - #5,013 #5,033

dcpat [/highlight (1 votes)
melonrabbit - #5,039

malus (1 votes)
dcpat - #4,985

gorlak (1 votes)
swamped - #4,969
ezekelrage - #4,972 #4,988

z-beat (0 votes)
swamped - #4,746 #4,969

ezekelrage (0 votes)
gorlak - #4,909 #5,007
melonrabbit - #4,939 #5,030
malus - #4,975 #5,031

Post Counts:
ezekelrage: 132 gorlak: 82 melonrabbit: 63 malus: 33 z-beat: 32 brazil: 26 alexem: 20 absolutbro: 16 dcpat: 15 swamped: 13 grizzly: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

OP
OP
cabot

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
So it is then. The time has come for Brexit.

As the deal passes parliament, there are roars of happiness.

We did it, we finally did it.

As Parliament doors swung open to find the heartwarming scene.....

giphy.gif

DCPat has been eliminated!

United We Stand.

Stop talking us down.

Brexit Britain is a Global Britain.

Except you. You're not welcome. Or you. Yes, even you.

Welcome to Brexit Phase 2 Mafia!

You are Priti Patel.

You're the classic Tory. Loves Thatcher, completely self-interested, and pretty well off. Just the person we want in charge to help out all classes of people everywhere in the country.

You are aligned with SCUM.

You are a 3-shot Odd Day Matchmaker. During an Odd Day Phase, you can target two players. The following night, a private chat will be made between these players, and you will be able to read it. You will not be able to post. You can do this three times during the game. The command is MATCHMAKE: <playername1>, <playername2>

The team kill command is KILL: <playername>.

The game thread is: HERE

The SCUM thread is a black hole of failure.

Your Matchmaking thread is on fire.

You win when your team hold 50% of the vote at the start of a Day.

When you have read this Role PM, please reply to it to confirm acknowledgement.

Scum have been eliminated.

Swamped has won the game

United We Stand.

Stop talking us down.

You are Jean-Claude Juncker.

You're a calm, ideological man who thinks we're all better together. Even Putin, who you like to congratulate when he decisively wins totally legitimate elections.

You are aligned with TOWN.

You are a Doctor. Every Night, you can choose a target to protect with the command PROTECT: <target>. You can target yourself. You can't target the same person consecutively.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win when you eliminate all threats to Town

melonrabbit has won the game

United We Stand.

Stop talking us down.

You are Michel Barnier.

You've been tasked with staring at David Davis in disbelief when he utters deceptions and nonsense at press conferences. You're quite tall.

You are a 3-shot Ability Thief. During the night, you can target a player. If the player has used an ability, then you will block their use and will be able to use it yourself on a subsequent Night Phase. The command to steal is STEAL: <playername>. You can't target the same person consecutively.

absolutbro has won the game

United We Stand.

Stop talking us down.

You are Keir Starmer.

A law man at heart, you now head up the Opposition's Brexit department, which you'd hope would mean you reject Brexit, but what it means is you technically can't reject it, but you want to remove all the pain from it. This leaves you in the unenviable position of selling a polished pooper. You also have to navigate warring factions within the Labour party!

Good luck!

You are a Tracker. Each Night, you can target a player. If your target has moved, you will be told who they visited.

Gorlak, EzekelRAGE, Alexem, Z-Beat, malus and Brazil have won the game

THE GAME ENDS

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Alexem is the only one who deserves the win of those still alive.

And Brazil because subbing in D7 is hard.

Enjoy reading spec thread everyone!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, first things first. GG. You got him. Well done.

Now, as for the Town who are still alive:

Malus: I love you. Your role claim lists were perfect, and you figured out DCPat while everyone else was getting distracted. Well done, I knew you'd make a great Town player, and I wish we could have played together this game.

Alexem: You are a great player too. Your insight this game was extremely helpful, yet it was unfortunately overlooked at times. I look forward to playing with you again.

Absolutbro: I thought you played a good game too, you kept your head on straight and did your best to not get distracted. Well done.

Brazil: Tough spot, coming in late in a game with this many pages to have to read back on, but you did a good job catching up quickly and trying to drive the game forward while you were here, so well played.

And for the final Scum player:

DCPat: Well done, man. You did the best with what you had, and honestly I don't know how they ended up lynching you today. I will say that your vote there on Malus was super scummy, so that didn't earn you any extra points at EoD today. But seriously dude, amazing job, you played Town against each other pretty well, and you got super unlucky with some of those kill targets, but you should still be proud of this performance as Scum.

Now, for the rest of you who were still alive:

w12c2GB.gif

WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU ALL DOING THE LAST FEW DAYS!!?!? DCPat was given to you all on a silver platter days ago, and you all ignored him!? Why?!!? I want explanations! Detailed explanations! Why did you not follow up on Stu's final read to you all after he died? Why were you all trying to say he was Town because Turmoil was Town? That made no sense!!! You had all the time in the world to go after DCPat while he was still a top suspect, but you let him slide for this long, and then ALMOST LYNCHED THE BEST TOWN PR IN THE GAME IN MELONRABBIT!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!

Phew, there we go. All the rage from Spec Chat has now flowed into here, so if you'd like to see more, please go back and read through all of that.

Also, as a final note, I have no idea why I was both put in the Night Chat and killed on the same night. Scum claims I was killed for being too easy to Town Read. They didn't care about my reads or interactions with Zeke whatsoever, it had nothing to do with it. So there you go, mystery solved, kind of.

OP
OP
cabot

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
DCPat fought honourably in the end, but it really was impossible from his position.

Should've beefed up the neutral, added a KP and probably not limit the recruitment shots.

otherwise I think this game went alright.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Scummy:
Sophia - Worrysome voting patterns, I've detailed it in my posts today.
Kalor - Worrysome voting patterns, seems oppoturnistic in the same way as Sophia.
Faddy - Early potential bus vote on ET, then for rest of day mostly pushed CS without actually committing to voting him himself. Scummy behaviour in general.

:-)

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Stu and Alex get big props for carrying town to a win they definitely didn't deserve. DCPat gets an honorable mention. He was doomed, but he made it look close. My thoughts on the rest are well (and angrily) captured in spec so I'm not even going to bother retreading it currently.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
To sum up the game:

"I don't know what to think of DCPat"

"But what do you think about Melon?"

"Let's vote for x"

"Sure"

"Why not"

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I think the turmoil lynch was unfortunate since it lead town to wrong track for a good while.

I think Stuart and Alexem were the names to lead toen to victory by the end. Between Kingdom Hearts and this game I expect every scum team to gun for stuart from now on.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Fantomas im easily distracted by my tunnels. I said looking at the nin voters was the logical choice lol.
I actually had a good accurate read on faddy and Sophia. At start of day 3.

Stuart444 wrong day right move though?

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
I agree with the Malus vote. But I couldn't vote melon or Gorlak lol. And I didn't have time to really explain the vote.

Thanks for the kind words anyways! I'd kill for an ordinary town game. I always feel so much pressure to do well.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Game was bit frustrating to watch as it was essentially solved on D4. Pat was facing too large of a meat shield, even if it was shaped like a tunnel. So D5-D7 were essentially waiting for the inevitable.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
If anyone playing is familiar with I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here (and I doubt that's many - at least who'd admit to it, anyway), I feel semi-obliged to admit to the breadcrumb that I dropped for my flavour - Nadine Dorries - in case it were needed on D3:
Good evening, Prime Minister!

That aside, thank you to everyone for a great game. After my performance in Marvel Mafia in the summer, I really considered walking away from the game, as the way that I went out (I ended up killing my credibility with a disastrous mis-read and pretty much had to spend the rest of the day apologising) shook me so much that I really didn't want to put myself through that again. I'm glad I didn't though, as I've had a great few weeks playing with you all.

In particular, I owe you my thanks, cabot - the original Brexit Mafia was one of the games that got me interested in Mafia in the first place. I knew that when this game was teased that I had to take part in it for that very reason, and I'm so glad that I've had to do so.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
My role felt pretty unfairly difficult to win as. I didn't help by having an abysmal D1 though.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone playing is familiar with I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here (and I doubt that's many - at least who'd admit to it, anyway), I feel semi-obliged to admit to the breadcrumb that I dropped for my flavour - Nadine Dorries - in case it were needed on D3:

That aside, thank you to everyone for a great game. After my performance in Marvel Mafia in the summer, I really considered walking away from the game, as the way that I went out (I ended up killing my credibility with a disastrous mis-read and pretty much had to spend the rest of the day apologising) shook me so much that I really didn't want to put myself through that again. I'm glad I didn't though, as I've had a great few weeks playing with you all.

In particular, I owe you my thanks, cabot - the original Brexit Mafia was one of the games that got me interested in Mafia in the first place. I knew that when this game was teased that I had to take part in it for that very reason, and I'm so glad that I've had to do so.
You did great. I'm glad you not only gave another game a chance, but that you ended up not having to drop out either. Not sure how much longer this may have dragged out without you.

OP
OP
cabot

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

You did well, friend.