• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This has to be one of the worst games I played. Sorry everyone but I think spectating a game between playing them would do me good.

Well played Stu.
Everyone else sucked though lol

Oct 25, 2017
Stuart444 Easily the MVP. Nailed the whole scum team early and dragged to the Faddy kill despite us not wanting to go there.

Alexem Gald you didn't drop out and you were probably the reason for that win at the end there. Good job on not backing down.

malus You were on the right track and I think you would of gotten there eventually. You did good man, and I hope you play more. Just don't be so afraid of making reads.

DCPat Well played. You did very well for the situation you were in.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, buddy, for the future, I have some advice if you don't want people on your case like they were this game lol.

First of all, can you not be so, like, weird about everything? Lol! There were some times where I knew what you were talking about, and it seemed like you were doing some good solving, but other times man, I had no idea what you were on about in this game lol.

Just like, I guess my advice would be to try interacting with people a bit more, like get in and start asking everyone some questions. It seems like you try to assume a lot of things about what's going on in the game, but I don't see you out there trying to work your assumptions out with other people. They end up having to ask you about your thoughts, but I don't think they should have to because you're clearly putting a lot of thought into the game, you just aren't communicating those thoughts to the rest of the thread. At least that's how it felt like to me while spectating you in this game, and to an extent in KH it felt that way too.

I do hope we get to play together again though! It was fun while we were still both alive at least! :)

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Having just seen the name of the scum thread, I feel obliged to mention that the Sports and Social Club is now called The Woolsack. It's still a bearpit, though.

(I've also won a few games of pool there, but I'm still lousy at darts.)

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
EzekelRAGE

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5130394d2d55366f6c70703653773d3d2d3333373435363535392e3134383963386439386539366233353931353630323539333138342e676966
:D

On mobile, can't post gif. Imagine your favorite vd gif is in this post though

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of grievances with this game, but I've aired most of them out to the appropriate sources already so I don't feel the need to repeat them here. Safe to say, this was one of the most frustrating games I've ever played.

Kudos to DCPat for sticking it out til the end. He had an uphill battle there, and that's not easy to deal with.

Anyhow, I'll definitely play another game soon, as I want to get in one more before I have to go back to school in February/March.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
From the middle of D3 I suspected Gir and Gorlak were masons after looking at vote patterns, some time later in the game Gorlak asked Gir something about sharing a secret chat with Faddy and that become a confirmation on my mind lol

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Shoulda killed Grizzly N1.

tbf, I don't think any scum would have NK'd him N1 since he wasn't exactly town read but dat work in D2 paid off.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Thank you for running the game cabot.

Thanks everyone for participating!

And a really big thank you at malus TheChuggernaut Lone_Prodigy Swamped and Brazil for subbing in when needed. All of you are great <3
Happy to "help"!

Also Brazil.
Sorry you had to catch up only for only one day phase.
Nah, man. I knew what I signed up for, haha. Letting someone be modkilled would've sucked. And it's not even like you got caught after slipping or anything like that, you weren't even here when focus switched over to you.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I've just become jaded, but I had 0 issues with the early town vanilla claim. Once upon a time we didn't see vote for pages at least, and now it's basically a way of saying "hi" in game.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
What I will start giving the side eye is gif responses. They're unsearchable and especially in the later days make going over what people said to each other way more difficult that it really should be.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough, melon was good about putting actual words in with her gifs. I'm not saying "no gifs", but gif only? Nah.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
If I learned anything from this game, it's that I'm really only good at looking at hard data like votes and flips but suck at interpreting what people are actually saying. At one point I was even considering training a neural network on voting data from past games to see if it could come up with a useful pattern.
Also social anxiety sucks. The amount of posts I had written out but scrapped is too damn high (almost scrapped this post as well).

About the game I feel like scum could have used an additional player but I guess it's not exactly normal that 3 out of 4 scum players get lynched in the first 4 days so it might have played out differently if not for that. cabot what would have happened if melon had stolen from the scum player submitting the kill? Would she actually have received a night kill ability?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If I learned anything from this game, it's that I'm really only good at looking at hard data like votes and flips but suck at interpreting what people are actually saying. At one point I was even considering training a neural network on voting data from past games to see if it could come up with a useful pattern.
Also social anxiety sucks. The amount of posts I had written out but scrapped is too damn high (almost scrapped this post as well).
I think you'll get better at that stuff the more you play. I honestly thought you played really well once you were able to give the game some more time, so I wouldn't say you can only look at hard data to get results. Just keep playing and I'm sure you'll learn more. I think I could tell that you were trying to use your experience as Scum last game to help you hunt in this game, which is something I was trying to do as well.

As for scrapping posts, I did that a lot in GoT so I can relate. I don't know if you ever peeped into my Mentor thread, but go check sometime to see how scared and nervous I was to post early on. And then obviously you know as well as anyone how terrified I was during Conspiracy. This game though, I honestly felt really comfortable and confident almost right away when it came to making posts. I think Faddy said something on D1 about how I was "posting freely" and I remember thinking that was a good way to put it. So basically, I'd say again, it will probably get better the more you play. And I do hope you keep playing because I think you're a good player and you've taken to the game very quickly and would be a benefit to your team regardless of alignment. :)

OP
OP
cabot

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

About the game I feel like scum could have used an additional player but I guess it's not exactly normal that 3 out of 4 scum players get lynched in the first 4 days so it might have played out differently if not for that. cabot what would have happened if melon had stolen from the scum player submitting the kill? Would she actually have received a night kill ability?

Yeah, she would have blocked the kill and have a shot herself.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017

Omg I would LOVE to see what a neural network predicts about our voting patterns.

You were great! I could tell you were town. Especially because on this last day phase you were much more active.

Meanwhile i went full paranoia. How could I have voted for my bro? I should have taken my own advice.

This happens all.the.time in mafia games. We have an unconscious bias - we always find reasons to scum read the loud players, the players we tend to interact with more. In so many games we have focused on the loud players and let coaster scum slip through.