• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
30 ministers have been sent to different parts of the country to sell Mays deal...

She still does not understand that the public are not voting

If many voters can't be bothered to vote they sure as shit aren't going to contact their MP.

I wonder if she wants to sense the pulse on the ground to see if she could get away with an election or 2nd referendum rather than anything to do with this vote she is going to lose.

Sad example on BBC News somewhere in England. Leaver was asked do you get annoyed when others say people didn't know what they voted for, cue guy sitting in greasy spoon, I read the papers, watched QT, I knew what I was voting for. I'm guessing the Sun, Mail, Express like most tradesmen which he looked like. Then they went to a nice polish delicatessent with a lady who just wants to work and have a nice life but feels like a nobody.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Don't know if this is against any rules. But this online tool may help a lot of us sending an email to your MP, in an effort to stop Brexit.
https://www.exitbrex.it

edit: I have no involvement in making it, just found it on an article and thought it could be useful.

Deleted member 13364

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I work in IT. Nothing frustrates me more than people pointing to a disaster my industry averted, as an example of a time when people freaked out about nothing.

We worked countless hours to fix that shit before it caused any problems.

Is "Brexit problems are as fake as the Millennium Bug" a Tory talking point because my mum was going on about it and she knows nothing about computers.

I had to point out the Millenium Bug didn't cause any trouble because countless people worked their asses off to fix the issues before the happened unlike Brexit where Britain is just sitting around pouting and not solving any of the inevitable problems of a No Deal.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

God I despise these xenophobic cunts. This is a massive loss to us all and these arseholes talk like it should be celebrated. Raging.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
30 ministers have been sent to different parts of the country to sell Mays deal...

She still does not understand that the public are not voting
Not yet.

I think that's the only reason she's so brazen about the whole thing. She knows her deal won't pass parliament, but "the will of the people" will eventuallyforce them to capitulate and she'll hold another referendum to make it happen.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
God I despise these xenophobic cunts. This is a massive loss to us all and these arseholes talk like it should be celebrated. Raging.
It's not like any of us could possibly have wanted to work / live in the rest of the EU after all.

The obsession with "We're ending freedom of movement" tells you EVERYTHING about who is supporting the leave side.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
ahhh the Millennium Y2K IT times.

I was delegated to run a satellite office dedicated to Y2K in 1999. Got a nice hike for it too. Us (IT guys + Y2K business folk) got a year's worth of work done in January. Spent the rest of that year in the pub.

New Years Eve came along, and it was all itsfuckingnothing.gif

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I asked in the other thread, but ultimately, is the only way the hard border question will be settled for good is through some form of reunification or if Northern Ireland leaves the UK?

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
I asked in the other thread, but ultimately, is the only way the hard border question will be settled for good is through some form of reunification or if Northern Ireland leaves the UK?

That or if the UK just does not leave the EU. There's no scenario where it can that doesn't just fundamentally fuck things up.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
But we haven't even secured an end to freedom of movement. We've just agreed to negotiate with the intention of ending freedom of movement. Problem is that this will end single market participation, totally fuck our trade and economy and activate the Irish backstop, which we've also agreed to try and avoid.

The agreement is just passing the buck from Barnier to the EU council while everything remains the same (except we give up all our power in European institutions while agreeing to follow their rules).

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Which ones, I need some grumpy this weekend?
Remainiacs asked an "political branding expert" if a hypothetical remain campaign would really lose out from not caving on immigration and he was all "well germany let a million people in and that fuelled the nasty advertising, so they need to do something on immigration" i.e. give them what they want

then Guardian Politics Weekly had a group of leave voter talking heads on doing the big Britain was ruling once why are we afraid to go it alone

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017

Its complete lie's as well. People here will lose all their freedom to move outside the UK and neither is the Conservative government going to stop or control immigration in anyway. They havent done before and they wont do in the future. They'll make some fake rules that they wont enforce, they won't increase the funding for the home office, they wont increase funding or add any infrastructure or people to help control immigration.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
True, what the Tories and the like are looking forward to is not doing anything about immigration except with no regulations, rights so they can exploit to the max and get whoever they want in the country. Immigration will always be similar just from different places and treated worse.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would hope if there is a 2nd Referendum the campaigns are a lot more factual and not the first two bullet points of good EU things, nobody really explains it well and acknowledge that some people were left behind by London etc. and they won't be ignored anymore, being in the EU will help that happen better, it was a UK government issue not an EU one etc. Got to be really honest, successive UK Governments screwed up. For the love of god, research fishing and tell the truth, get away from the emotion that isn't factual, truth again. Media and politicians really need to step up, call out lies instantly, tell the facts, none of the absolute shite we get to this day.

I see Fiona Bruce got the QT gig, last on DD next week. Not sure they'll have any before until after New Year though. Interesting to see if she calls out crap, she doesn't seem that way.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
The only problem I have with May going is that in this case it really is better the devil you know.

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
_104696355_thetimes-saturday8thdecember-frontpage.jpg

MPs from Labour, the DUP and the Conservatives are "lining up to sack Theresa May" if her Brexit deal does not pass Tuesday's Commons vote, according to the Times. The newspaper says that, should the PM be ousted, those expected to compete to succeed her include Boris Johnson, Dominic Raab, Amber Rudd, Liz Truss, Sajid Javid, Jeremy Hunt and Michael Gove.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I know most of those wankers... but I'm not sure about Liz Truss.

Edit - Oh, she's the fucker with the big mouth who likes to talk shit in restaurants. So yeah, not a single decent candidate in there.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Labour getting involved with the DUP makes me nervous, I'd rather keep a weakened May and force her to backtrack than risk a Boris type leader. i don't even think we can afford the time to watch the tories implode and mess around with leadership elections.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Cross party government of national unity... With Lord Buckethead as PM. It's no less realistic than the other options at this point.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Fair fucks to May... She's managed get Corbyn and the DUP working together... That takes some doing

It is a bit of mis-reporting really, the DUP said they will vote with Labour on the WA, but if it does not pass they will vote with the Gov on any confidence issues..

If the WA passes, then all deals are dead

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I don't think a new election is a good thing. Labour will try to negotiate a new deal, but they themselves don't want free movement, and in the end they won't get anything better from the EU and we still lose our rights. But hey, they will get to be in power which is all they want.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Amber Rudd now wants Norway plus if the vote doesn't go through. Nobody told her yet....I wonder if she is angling for the PM job.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Amber Rudd now wants Norway plus if the vote doesn't go through. Nobody told her yet....I wonder if she is angling for the PM job.

But the EU are still doing to insist on a WA, just because you go back and say we will take a Norway option (even if they allow it) it has to be negotiated, so unless they extend Art 50 by years, we are still going to have to sign a backstop agreement

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
But the EU are still doing to insist on a WA, just because you go back and say we will take a Norway option (even if they allow it) it has to be negotiated, so unless they extend Art 50 by years, we are still going to have to sign a backstop agreement

Would we?

Norway plus is everything staying the same except fishing and voting rights, it's fairly simple i would have thought once we cave on fishing, Gibraltar and whatever else we're supposed to care about.

Nov 20, 2017
Remember how I said that Corbyn probably had help from Russians, and you all said I was mental?

The Putin stuff was known about, the link to Assange is new.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Would we?

Norway plus is everything staying the same except fishing and voting rights, it's fairly simple i would have thought once we cave on fishing, Gibraltar and whatever else we're supposed to care about.

Given how easy it is to exit the EEA, one years notice and you're out, I doubt the EU would give up it's leverage to get a binding backstop in place.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Given how easy it is to exit the EEA, one years notice and you're out, I doubt the EU would give up it's leverage to get a binding backstop in place.

I suppose so(i didn't realise it was only a years notice) but walking away from a Norway plus situation would be just as catastrophic as walking away from EU membership, but there's enough loons in the country that make it a realistic threat to make a backstop necessary.

Nov 20, 2017
What am I missing here?
Cadwalladr is leading an investigation into Russian interference and brexit. In the course of it she's encountered the ample evidence of Milne colluding with russian intelligence and Assange's lawyer, and is suggesting that Milne is not being properly investigated because he's still on the payroll at the guardian. She is the one who is following the money with banks and she is the one who put Cambridge Analytica in the spotlight.

Milne and Russia and Putin is an open secret in Westminster. Unfortunately the Tories are up to their neck in it so nobody really wants to tackle the topic.

She has an excellent podcast too, Dial M for Mueller

I would strongly discourage you from considering me a loon. I just happen to know people.

Last edited:

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Milne and Russia is an open secret to anybody with basic knowledge of Milne, i doubt the Assange link is much of note, I think unlike the others his use of Russia is something different to the Putin interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.