BREXIT |OT| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Oct 27, 2017
Only way forward I can see is if the EU impost a second referendum or an election as an absolute condition of an extension.

Quite frankly this parliament is never going to agree on anything.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Kick the can again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.....

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
Bercow needs to deny MV3, only way we will move forward from having 'meaningful' votes on Mays 'new' deals for however long we manage to beg the EU for.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
American here, so correct my ignorance, but the EU asking for a 2nd ref or a GE in exchange for an extension seems like the exact thing that would drive your tabloids mad lol.
Just imagine the reaction from the Daily Mail commentariat lol.

I don't think the EU would dare use a 2nd referendum or GE as a condition for an extension because it would be viewed by Brexiters and the media as the EU directly interfering their country's own affairs, and it would only enforce the perception that the UK needs "take back control" from the big, bad EU. And if a 2nd referendum did happen on those terms, the Leave campaign would use it as fuel to drive more conspiracy theories and anti-EU sentiment amongst the public. I do think the UK's hand needs to be forced on a 2nd referendum, but I don't see the EU doing it at all.

I have no clue how the UK plans to get out of this, and it seems like the only winners in this (highly likely) no deal scenario are a few assholes in parliament and the disaster capitalists who will swoop down like vultures as everything goes to shit.

Plum

The Fallen
May 31, 2018
Can the government apply for extenuating circumstances to get a better deal on results day? Someone there must have had a second cousin or family pet die during the last few weeks; just say "it hampered my ability to do a trade deal" and they'll be golden!

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
German press already going "Brits begging for Brexit extension!" next few days will be greek crisis 2.0

Git

Oct 26, 2017
Only way forward I can see is if the EU impost a second referendum or an election as an absolute condition of an extension.

That would be amazing.

Greening talking about condensation in flats. Come have a look up north, they put black mould on my inventory.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I see at least one of the EU member states voting down an extension just because of the way the UK has behaved.

Xiofire

Oct 27, 2017

Nah, the Daily Mail and Sun headlines basically write themselves if they do that, skyrocketing EU resentment with the public.

EU DICTATES TO THE UK HOW WE CAN LEAVE! THOSE CONTROLLING UNELECTED EU OFFICIALS!

Then Leave would win another 2nd ref. No thank you.

Just revoke A50 pls.

60EffPeeEss

Oct 28, 2017
A vote to (attempt to) delay leaving, and in the meantime, they'll all sit around and lick each others hoops. What the fuck is the point? Government won't call another election, there won't be another referendum when we look at the results of that vote, EU won't renegotiate. Hopeless shite.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I see at least one of the EU member states voting down an extension just because of the way the UK has behaved.
No deal would have such devastating consequences in the short term that it would rattle the entire global economy (including everyone in the EU) and everyone knows it. If one country were to defect theyd lose the trust of the entire EU.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
15 Tories defied the whip to vote for the Benn amendment, meanwhile six Labour MPs defied the whip to vote against it, including such 'surprises' as Caroline Flint and Kate Hooey

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I can't imagine EU will agree to an extension of only few months since elections are in around 2 months. MAYBE something like "you have 1 month to get deal through or A50 will be extended by 2 years". Also new budget cycle is coming up which means UK would have to pay it's share for the next budget cycle if this goes on much longer.

Even extension is complicated, especially when there is no guarantee that UK can agree on a solution any time soon. I predit that this brexit ordeal is still going on 5 years from now.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So no indicative votes...

For a government that is a collapsed mess the rubble seems to be sticking together.
May said eArlier in the week there would be indicative votes? Or did they just change their mind after the no deal vote? Fucking cunts

(At this point all my posts include the amendment ‘fucking cunts’)

Plum

The Fallen
May 31, 2018
I can't get over the fact that she represents one of the most Remain leaning constituencies in the country.
What's a "Remain leaning constituency"?

We're all Leavers now. The will of the people demands it.

Brexit is all consuming so I'm not surprised the Spring statement has basically gone right under the rug, but:

Benefits freeze hits 10 million poor families, but top 0.1%'s wealth swells

Tory economics at it again.
Yep, it's sickening that the Tories have managed to divert so much of the nation's attention away from the literal death they are causing through benefit cuts and freezes. Unless we miraculously don't leave then there's a fair chance that we won't see any meaningful (good) change on that front for a decade or more.

Garfield

Oct 31, 2018
Bercow won’t deny MV3, I know he likes to be all about him but even he knows the ramifications would be enourmous

holygeesus

Oct 27, 2017
On an unrelated note, how is the £ looking at the moment? I’ve been trying to exchange some currency for a while now and trying to pick the best time is an absolute mare right now.

Oct 25, 2017
On an unrelated note, how is the £ looking at the moment? I’ve been trying to exchange some currency for a while now and trying to pick the best time is an absolute mare right now.
Better do it now than later when it drops real bad. It's at 1.31 against the USD right now iirc, was at 1.33 yesterday.

Might be worth at least 1 billion Zimbabwean dollars in April lol

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ha, I'm supposed to be flying to Disney Paris at the end of the month. Been thinking that I need to get some currency exchanged sooner rather than later in case there's serious tankage, but I'm also at the edge of my seat waiting to see how things like flights are gonna go too.

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe I am genuinely wondering if I should order the remaining of the alarm sensors for my house security system before brexit day, since they are made by a UK company, I know the tarrifs will be pretty minor (2,2%) even if the UK ends up under WTO, but it is insanity that I even have to be considering such nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.