BREXIT |OT| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonicjoy

Jun 19, 2018
If Mark Rutte is actually pissed and not just temporarily annoyed, that’s a pretty bad sign - the Dutch have historically been portrayed as more sympathetic to Britain in the EU. It takes only one leader to deny an extension, after all.
Hes not going to veto anything, but it should be an indication of how the rest of the leaders think.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Love Wetherspoons, but Tim Martin is such a fucking wank.

Its chairman, Brexit supporter Tim Martin, who generally accompanies results announcements with his colourful opinions, expressed concern that Brexit would be reversed.

This, he said, would have "adverse economic consequences".

He blamed "the establishment" for a "barrage of negative economic forecasts".

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who hasn't drunk alcohol in over 13 years and hates pubs and the typical people you find in them, I do actually go to spoons every now and then.

Only reason is they do a good vegetarian breakfast that ti's cheap. Wife convinced me and we go every now and then on a weekend.

Can't stand the brexit propaganda you get there though.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Wetherspoons is cheap in London, everywhere else though...

You can quite easily replicate the experience of a night in a Wetherspoons by buying a few cans, getting some microwave meals and inviting your mates round to sit with no music. Probably cheaper too

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
Hes not going to veto anything, but it should be an indication of how the rest of the leaders think.
I agree - Amsterdam is too “close” to London to do it, but I’m just struck by how pissed that quote sounds. It’s just a bad sign, especially if another leader goes rogue and just says no. But I dunno, it could happen. The Brexit Show is giving us all the twists this season!

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
The best part is, the people who actually want a no deal will still complain about the EU being bullies for not giving us an extension.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
The best part is, the people who actually want a no deal will still complain about the EU being bullies for not giving us an extension.

At this point it's clear that they have a pathological fixation on the EU, like a crazy stalker (soon ex) SO. Like my aunt's ex, who broke up with her and then started stalking and harrasaing her when she stopped responding. He told police he wants to talk to her to make sure she gets over him breaking up without any hard feelings.

Maybe they started to get high on their own supply and now actually believe the crap they and the rags peddled over decades and are paranoid the EU is out to get them. Maybe they're "only" trying to misdirect from their failures as usual.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
gives me so hope the public aren't completely insane after this week. It won't last but I I would have pulled my hair out if there was no movement at all after the recent shit show

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
gives me so hope the public aren't completely insane after this week. It won't last but I I would have pulled my hair out if there was no movement at all after the recent shit show
Thank fuck. Survation have been the most reliable the last few years so to see this fills me with hope that the country has some sense to not be voting for the tories after all th recent events.

Of course if the world was just the tories would be on 0% but sadly that's not the world we live in.

phonicjoy

Jun 19, 2018
I met with Some UK producers last week. The smart ones who are dependend on UK business already incorporated somewhere else (Ireland mostly), and have stock on the mainland. The cost of preparations is ridiculous. They’re holding extra stock of finished goods, raw materials, and are paying to stock it outside of their warehouses.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see some positive signs, albeit small ones.
Survation have by far been the most accurate recently.

Garfield

Oct 31, 2018
Wonder how much the DUP will wrangle out of the PM for backing her deal!

Also a colleague of mine who OH works for Debenhams reckons (might be staff BS) they are about to stop selling furniture and are going to blame Brexit, when it is a credit issue

so if you have a gift card or shares in DEB, get rid as once credit dries up they will be gone

null

Oct 25, 2017
I keep trying to tell you not to worry about the polls. They'd change hourly at the moment if they were published that quickly.

One thing though where did TIG go? They were at like 18 one week. Do these ones just not ask about them?

RedSparrows

Feb 22, 2019
I keep trying to tell you not to worry about the polls. They'd change hourly at the moment if they were published that quickly.

One thing though where did TIG go? They were at like 18 one week. Do these ones just not ask about them?
TIG symptomatic of polls imo. Most people probably forgot about it. People are fickle/ignorant/forgetful/busy/uninterested.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
Won't brave the weather to march for the 'freedom' of this country, but happily think others will to pick fruit.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
While I can kinda understand why Labour didn't support that particular amendment, punishing those that did so is the sort of nonsense that will backfire on them... again.
Theresa May being the weakest PM in history has made people forget how this is supposed to work:

If you are on the front bench, and you defy the whip, you get sacked. That's how it has worked for a century or more.

Corbyn is not in the same position of weakness as May, so any Shadow Ministers can and should be sacked for breaking ranks.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Theresa May being the weakest PM in history has made people forget how this is supposed to work:

If you are on the front bench, and you defy the whip, you get sacked. That's how it has worked for a century or more.

Corbyn is not in the same position of weakness as May, so any Shadow Ministers can and should be sacked for breaking ranks.
Exactly. This is proper discipline. Things working as they should.

plagiarize

Untethered once more
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
The stats on how much airtime UKIP got on QT are so damning. I used to rely on the BBC for good news coverage, but I gave up on them during the lead up to the referendum in 2016. They let the whole country down.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The stats on how much airtime UKIP got on QT are so damning. I used to rely on the BBC for good news coverage, but I gave up on them during the lead up to the referendum in 2016. They let the whole country down.
What eats me up the most is we're being forced to fund this company against our will. It's either have no TV at all or be forced to give them £150 s year all the while they promote this sort of stuff.

You're right though it was around the 2016 referendum that it seemed to all go off the cliff. I can remember making the decision to stick to Channel 4 for news around that time.

jelly

Oct 26, 2017
That healthcare tweet, never seen that one. What a prick.

Bet he wishes to be back in Brussels, Brexit to be stopped and get an MEP gig for the next session.

Stop voting these con artists into the EU, they are playing you like a fiddle. Silver lining they did it too well and screwed themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.