• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
That's not a reason to abstain. That's the opposite of a reason to abstain.

I can understand why the campaign didn't want the vote to happen today. I can understand why it wasn't the best opportunity to bring this issue forwards (even if I believe it was absolutely right to bring this issue forwards today).

But 'it won't win anyway' isn't a reason to abstain from voting for something you support. Not if the vote is going ahead anyway.
I mean there's other reasons for why they abstained as mentioned in the edited second part of my post.

I don't agree with labour's stance at the moment but I get what they tried to do in that they sat on the fence for it as to not anger people when it isn't going to pass anyway.

Like I'm not sure breaking Labour up even more is the answer at the moment because it strengthens the Tories more.
So the Powell amendment failing was a good thing?
It might cause some people to change their votes because they realise that it can actually succeed.

I'm sure quite a few MPs probably didn't want to lose rep over a vote that isn't going to pass anyway.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
So the Powell amendment failing was a good thing?

If the Powell amendment passed the Benn amendment would be sure to pass.

I think there were Tory backbenchers who didn't like the Powell amendment which is why it wasn't in the Benn amendment.

Still unsure if the Benn amendment will pass though

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's incredible how TIG have managed to make themselves look as awful and conceited as the other parties in just a matter of weeks.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
18 Labour MP's voted against the second referendum amendment, this is the problem Corbyn and the rest of the Labour party has.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does that mean if May's deal loses again next week, it's shit hits the fan time and you get something wild like major extension, people's vote, revoke article 50 or crazy town no deal?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
So no indicative votes...

For a government that is a collapsed mess the rubble seems to be sticking together.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
So parliament don't want no deal, May's deal, a 2nd referendum or a delay to Brexit. They're an absolute fucking shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.