• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, time to revoke.

It's the only way to sort this until there is a clear consensus in government and parliament.

But then again, that's too much common sense for these dickheads.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
So what's the final text being voted on looking like? Have all the amendments been voted on now?

Asks for an extension but doesn't specify until June? Is that about the long and short of it?

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
Someone help me, when is th extension vote? Why don't they just say it in Parliament instead of talking about amendment I.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
UK Politics won't recover for decades.

Labour is in Tatters, Cons are in tatters.

No Gov is going to get a majority for decades, hell forming a minority government might be difficult.

just fuck this #DisUnitedKingdom

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Our current system just doesn't seem fit for purpose anymore, I can't see anyone getting a majority in the next election either.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to leave without a deal
Don't want May's deal
Don't want a second vote
Don't want an election
Don't want to discuss other options

We're the dumbest fucking country on earth.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
UK Politics won't recover for decades.

Labour is in Tatters, Cons are in tatters.

No Gov is going to get a majority for decades, hell forming a minority government might be difficult.

just fuck this #DisUnitedKingdom

This is indicative of a core weakness in our "winner-takes-all" political system - we're just not built for coalition/consensus-based politics at all. It's right down to the design of the HoC: two groups of people facing off against each other.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
These career politicians should be aware that their job is to do what's best for their people. not what they want

It feels like they think if their people told them to push everyone off a cliff, they would do so.

Politicians jobs are meant to do what's in the best interest. Not give into petty children.

Then again this country is run by people who are more immature than a bunch of fucking toddlers.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need a new new party and not the Tig shit. Way it is going the Libs will be up there again and not because they did anything

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I need to find that political cartoon from a few months that illustrated this:

"WHAT DO WE WANT?"

"???"

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?"

"NOW!"

Perfectly sums this up.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
MPs are now voting on the Labour Party's frontbench amendment tabled by Jeremy Corbyn.

The amendment:

• rejects the prime minister's deal
  • rejects no-deal
  • seeks an extension of Article 50 to avoid no-deal on 29 March
  • seeks an extension of Article 50 "to provide parliamentary time for this House to find a majority for a different approach"
The result is expected shortly.

Lol, this vote will crash as well.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Well that's maddening.

I mean even the hard Brexiters should have come on board. They could have controlled the process and get the brexit they want.

Incredibly bone headed displays by mps.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I need to find that political cartoon from a few months that illustrated this:

"WHAT DO WE WANT?"

"???"

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?"

"NOW!"

Perfectly sums this up.

9pgbWod.jpg

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
We need a new new party and not the Tig shit. Way it is going the Libs will be up there again and not because they did anything
More new parties won't solve anything when the party in government continues to refuse to even consider working with the other parties in parliament to pass things.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/live...-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Brexit Editor emmarossthomas
If May's motion goes through unamended, as now looks more likely, then her plan is still in play. A reminder of what that plan is: Tell Parliament to back her deal by March 20 or risk being stuck in the EU in a long limbo-like extension. The idea is to scare Brexiteers into backing her deal in case an extension gives rise to a second referendum, or a softening beyond recognition of Brexit.

PROJECT FEAR

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
334 MPs turned up to vote against it.

If a 2nd referendum was a real possibility there would be supporters on the Tory benches that would also abstain on the matter.

Now it seems clear the only way to get a 2nd referendum is to have a general election.
Even then, it would be a real long shot. I doubt it would change anything at this point, except maybe gain some time for MPs to waste on stupid shit and worthless amendments.

Status
Not open for further replies.