• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
This letter thing, doesn't it make you think ERG are worried Brexit may not happen if May is still in charge but on the other hand you have remainers trying to boot her out too. I'm confused, what's the game?

Go For Broke (Brexit Edition).

The EU knows there's no way to give her anything but a comestic gesture. Unfortunately, she knows it too and all this running around is just stalling and timewasting, that we're paying for, literally and figuratively.

Sephiroth503

Oct 26, 2017
It really doesn't shock me that some of the British Elite/Upper Class question why us paddies won't get in line. Also shows that these clowns still don't fundamentally understand how the EU works, that us here in little ole Ireland can get the backing of an entire continent behind us because we're in the club.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't shock me that some of the British Elite/Upper Class question why us paddies won't get in line. Also shows that these clowns still don't fundamentally understand how the EU works, that us here in little ole Ireland can get the backing of an entire continent behind us because we're in the club.
It's disgusting. They treat Ireland like a bunch of potato farmers they still rule over by force and terror. Not a valued future trading partner.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point, surely they are just playing 'how many groups of people can we shit on'

Tories gotta tory.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017

I just hope you're equally unshocked that the rest of us read something like that and start swearing at those fuckwits through our monitors.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Plausible scenario:

Letters go in.
May wins confidence vote.
May is safe for a year.
Labour tables Motion of No Confidence.
Labour convinces Brexit-y Tories and DUP that this is their only way to be rid of May and her deal.
No Confidence motion passes.
New Government / General Election in the new year.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
And the great thing is that if she survives, JC calls for a vote of no confidence by 22nd Jan. I don't think she'll last until Feb.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I just don't see what can happen even if May is replaced. Will the EU seriously open up a whole new negotiation, not seeing it personally

Ok, a hard Brexit can be called, which won't pass Parliament, they can talk all about Canada etc, but the back stop will still surely be there

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Plausible scenario:

Letters go in.
May is safe for a year.
Labour convinces Brexit-y Tories and DUP that this is their only way to be rid of May and her deal.
I don't think the Brexit tories will vote with labour. We are stuck with May.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I hope the EU would to take into account the fact that they were dealing with a Labour government now, with different Brexit aims and objectives.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Go For Broke (Brexit Edition).

The EU knows there's no way to give her anything but a comestic gesture. Unfortunately, she knows it too and all this running around is just stalling and timewasting, that we're paying for, literally and figuratively.

Even if they were minded to give her something, she doesn't know what she needs to get the deal through. The other party isn't going to make a concession at this point unless it's 100% going to work.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Plausible scenario:

Letters go in.
May is safe for a year.

No Tory MP can vote in a motion of No confidence in their own party and stand for re-election, it's an automatic deselection.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
It's happening!!!

All hail PM Boris

Raab is liked by both remainers and leavers, so he is my pick

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Personally, I hope the EU would to take into account the fact that they were dealing with a Labour government now, with different Brexit aims and objectives.

Labour position is a fantasy, they want it all minus Freedom of movement, it's a non starter. Labour need to go for revoking article 50, everyone does, that's the best deal.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Yet just as delusional and undeliverable.
Labour position is a fantasy, they want it all minus Freedom of movement, it's a non starter. Labour need to for revoking article 50, everyone does, that's the best deal.

Unfortunately, the Shadow Cabinet seem to be sticking to their tune of supporting Brexit.

Monday: Theresa May has nuked London to prevent a vote
Primarily Islington North.

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
DuJ9VhZW0AAZVSv

Oct 26, 2017
UK
What's the benefit on the Tories ousting May? Wouldn't it be a better idea to wait until the Brexit shitshow comes to pass then blame it all on her?

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
What's the benefit on the Tories ousting May? Wouldn't it be a better idea to wait until the Brexit shitshow comes to pass then blame it all on her?
depends on who's putting the letters in

either they're not getting a brexity enough brexit so think she should go
or they're not getting a good enough deal so think she should go
or they think she's too brexity so think she should go

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's weird. leavers fear Brexit will never happen with May and the remainers fear Brexit will happen with May.

May is probably relaxing right now thinking Europe is quite nice. Hmmm.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!

Your question makes so much sense but the Tories haven't done a good job making beneficial decisions even for themselves. What's also up for debate is WHO is submitting letters and for what purpose: the factionalism riling the party suggests the rebels want different things. Some want an ultra Brexiter and some might want to reverse or soften this, and May is no longer suitable for either.

OH.

Status
Not open for further replies.