• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

BREXIT |OT| A minister always pays his debts

Nov 1, 2017
MPs are now voting on the Labour Party's frontbench amendment tabled by Jeremy Corbyn.

The amendment:

• rejects the prime minister's deal
  • rejects no-deal
  • seeks an extension of Article 50 to avoid no-deal on 29 March
  • seeks an extension of Article 50 "to provide parliamentary time for this House to find a majority for a different approach"
The result is expected shortly.
Lol, this vote will crash as well.

Nov 29, 2017
Well that’s maddening.

I mean even the hard Brexiters should have come on board. They could have controlled the process and get the brexit they want.

Incredibly bone headed displays by mps.

Oct 27, 2017
We need a new new party and not the Tig shit. Way it is going the Libs will be up there again and not because they did anything
More new parties won’t solve anything when the party in government continues to refuse to even consider working with the other parties in parliament to pass things.

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/live...-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Brexit Editor emmarossthomas
If May's motion goes through unamended, as now looks more likely, then her plan is still in play. A reminder of what that plan is: Tell Parliament to back her deal by March 20 or risk being stuck in the EU in a long limbo-like extension. The idea is to scare Brexiteers into backing her deal in case an extension gives rise to a second referendum, or a softening beyond recognition of Brexit.
PROJECT FEAR

Oct 25, 2017
334 MPs turned up to vote against it.

If a 2nd referendum was a real possibility there would be supporters on the Tory benches that would also abstain on the matter.

Now it seems clear the only way to get a 2nd referendum is to have a general election.
Even then, it would be a real long shot. I doubt it would change anything at this point, except maybe gain some time for MPs to waste on stupid shit and worthless amendments.

Nov 1, 2017
Labour MP Chris Bryant will not push his amendment, which said the government could not bring the same deal back in front of MPs for a third meaningful vote, to a vote.

So, MPs are now voting on the government's Article 50 motion to seek permission from the EU to delay Brexit beyond 29 March.

The result is expected shortly.
I can’t believe I’m saying this...but the chaos is fun...so...:

plagiarize

Yearning to breathe free
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
The EU aren’t going to make something that changes nothing a condition for extension.
And yet they have said time and time again that should the UK want to have another referendum they would agree to an extension. Same for if there's a general election.

I don't know what conditions the EU is going to put on an extension, just that they're going to put conditions on an extension. They don't have to give the UK an extension after all, so they aren't going to agree to it without getting something in return.

Oct 27, 2017
And yet they have said time and time again that should the UK want to have another referendum they would agree to an extension. Same for if there's a general election.

I don't know what conditions the EU is going to put on an extension, just that they're going to put conditions on an extension. They don't have to give the UK an extension after all, so they aren't going to agree to it without getting something in return.
Maybe you’re right, but a second referendum just means we end up back in this same position again in a couple of months.

Oct 25, 2017

American here, so correct my ignorance, but the EU asking for a 2nd ref or a GE in exchange for an extension seems like the exact thing that would drive your tabloids mad lol.

Oct 25, 2017
American here, so correct my ignorance, but the EU asking for a 2nd ref or a GE in exchange for an extension seems like the exact thing that would drive your tabloids mad lol.
They know damn well British MPs are just going to waste more time otherwise. It wouldn't be a first.

Nov 1, 2017
YES!

We’ve been given an Easter Special of The Greatest Show On Earth!

...providing The EU want to give us time to tie up loose plot points rather than cancel us.