• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

BREXIT |OT| A minister always pays his debts

I mean, I sorta hope you don't, because the UK will just shit on everything in the Council for the next year. What do they care if the whole thing burns down?

It gives you leverage, I would expect any country to do the same if they were in the UK's position.
I know many think like this in the EU but it’s not just the U.K. which are giving the EU an headache, many far right parties are tipped to make massive gains this year in EP elections so this problem isn’t just confined to the UK this is a Europe wide issue.

Also don’t forget that the UK was a very good partner in the EU we were quick to bring legislation that the EP agreed or EU laws in fact we were quicker than Germany or France in that regard, we hardly never used our veto. I know there is image of the U.K. throwing spanner’s into the EU engine constantly but really we didn’t we were a good partner.

The biggest issue for the U.K. was the anti-competitiveness and closer integration. The U.K. is very competitive Country and much of economy is built around the idea of been competitive so it kinda goes against the U.K. at times.

Oct 26, 2017
I think No Deal is going to happen, based off May's bullshit last night.
I could easily see her being that petty and cruel just because her deal got knocked back but whether parliament allows it to go that far, probably not.

If Raab got the job he would be a puppet PM for the worse people. Gove is frighteningly delusional and also has masters, Hunt is an evil wet paper bag who think twice about selling us out. Shit show. If Brexit goes through, we are getting sold out big time to the US etc.

Oct 31, 2018
If the EU give an indication they are not willing to have a long delay, MV3/4 will pass, it all comes down to what the EU say tonight...May will be desperate for them to say it is Mays way or the highway....if they say they are open to a long delay as long as parliament agree to form a concensus....May is fucked

Oct 26, 2017
Who is that younger Tory MP from London who seems to talk reasonable sense at times? With the glasses. I can't remember his name but he gave a smart speech in the Commons last week against No Deal.

EDIT: Sam Gyimah.

Oct 25, 2017
Who is that younger Tory MP from London who seems to talk reasonable sense at times? With the glasses. I can't remember his name but he gave a smart speech in the Commons last week against No Deal.

EDIT: Sam Gyimah.
He is self serving and only cares about how he looks, heard some interesting stories about him from those who have dealt with him.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Macron might fold if the other EU leaders wanted an extension.
However, I think most of the other 27 are fine with Macron taking the bad cop role to Tusk's good cop.

The EU have misjudged us though and seem to think we are Greece and will acquiesce to the deal at the last minute as we see the cliff edge approaching. But I think May's speech has fucked all that. No one is meeting in the middle for a compromise or holding their nose to vote for a shit deal. Not while May and Corbyn are both acting like children.

It's no deal, general election, referendum or revoke (IMO, in that order of probability).

Oct 30, 2017
London
I know many think like this in the EU but it’s not just the U.K. which are giving the EU an headache, many far right parties are tipped to make massive gains this year in EP elections so this problem isn’t just confined to the UK this is a Europe wide issue.
Far right and populist won't hold anywhere close to a majority, and the duopoly of EPP/S&D losing a majority is a good thing.
Also don’t forget that the UK was a very good partner in the EU we were quick to bring legislation that the EP agreed or EU laws in fact we were quicker than Germany or France in that regard, we hardly never used our veto. I know there is image of the U.K. throwing spanner’s into the EU engine constantly but really we didn’t we were a good partner.
Yes, you were. I'd much rather you stayed, but it's every country for itself ATM.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh.

It had to be, didn't it.
First thing he is apparently concerned with when doing events is how it will make him look.

Was coming into a building and just stood there waiting to get another lift instead of getting into one there with the one person he was there to see.

Got on a busy train and used the one free seat next to him to place his suit jacket and made his assistant stand the whole journey.

Was being driven to an event by one of the organisers and then commented on the music in the car 'they really do play some rubbish the radio' only to be told by the driver that it was actually their CD.

Those are what I remember off the top of my head.

Oct 30, 2017
Just been stood in line at the coffee machine in a 'spoons in Sunderland behind a couple of gammons, moaning about Mosques and "all the council does for them"
Sunderland really is a shithole

Edit: I should add that they took a fucking age, so I was listening to their tripe for about 10 minutes

Oct 26, 2017
First thing he is apparently concerned with when doing events is how it will make him look.

Was coming into a building and just stood there waiting to get another lift instead of getting into one there with the one person he was there to see.

Got on a busy train and used the one free seat next to him to place his suit jacket and made his assistant stand the whole journey.

Was being driven to an event by one of the organisers and then commented on the music in the car 'they really do play some rubbish the radio' only to be told by the driver that it was actually their CD.

Those are what I remember off the top of my head.
Well, he's definitely joined the right party.