• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
15 Tories defied the whip to vote for the Benn amendment, meanwhile six Labour MPs defied the whip to vote against it, including such 'surprises' as Caroline Flint and Kate Hooey

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I can't imagine EU will agree to an extension of only few months since elections are in around 2 months. MAYBE something like "you have 1 month to get deal through or A50 will be extended by 2 years". Also new budget cycle is coming up which means UK would have to pay it's share for the next budget cycle if this goes on much longer.

Even extension is complicated, especially when there is no guarantee that UK can agree on a solution any time soon. I predit that this brexit ordeal is still going on 5 years from now.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So no indicative votes...

For a government that is a collapsed mess the rubble seems to be sticking together.

May said eArlier in the week there would be indicative votes? Or did they just change their mind after the no deal vote? Fucking cunts

(At this point all my posts include the amendment 'fucking cunts')

Plum

May 31, 2018
I can't get over the fact that she represents one of the most Remain leaning constituencies in the country.

What's a "Remain leaning constituency"?

We're all Leavers now. The will of the people demands it.

Brexit is all consuming so I'm not surprised the Spring statement has basically gone right under the rug, but:

Benefits freeze hits 10 million poor families, but top 0.1%'s wealth swells

Tory economics at it again.

Yep, it's sickening that the Tories have managed to divert so much of the nation's attention away from the literal death they are causing through benefit cuts and freezes. Unless we miraculously don't leave then there's a fair chance that we won't see any meaningful (good) change on that front for a decade or more.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Bercow won't deny MV3, I know he likes to be all about him but even he knows the ramifications would be enourmous

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Listening to Remainiacs podcast from yesterday, seems like such a waste of time now as everything is changed again

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On an unrelated note, how is the £ looking at the moment? I've been trying to exchange some currency for a while now and trying to pick the best time is an absolute mare right now.

Oct 25, 2017
On an unrelated note, how is the £ looking at the moment? I've been trying to exchange some currency for a while now and trying to pick the best time is an absolute mare right now.
Better do it now than later when it drops real bad. It's at 1.31 against the USD right now iirc, was at 1.33 yesterday.

Might be worth at least 1 billion Zimbabwean dollars in April lol

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ha, I'm supposed to be flying to Disney Paris at the end of the month. Been thinking that I need to get some currency exchanged sooner rather than later in case there's serious tankage, but I'm also at the edge of my seat waiting to see how things like flights are gonna go too.

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe I am genuinely wondering if I should order the remaining of the alarm sensors for my house security system before brexit day, since they are made by a UK company, I know the tarrifs will be pretty minor (2,2%) even if the UK ends up under WTO, but it is insanity that I even have to be considering such nonsense.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
My question is does she *have to* present the extension to the EU Council or she can decide to present the request to extend.

Big difference, although I'm guessing the latter.

I would imagine it's the latter - I've a feeling she wants MV3 first..

We've seen this a few times now: The day after a horrible day all the spineless Tory cunts fall back in line and it's back to square one again. Repeat ad infinitum.

She is the weakest PM in my living memory. Just awful.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Putting in my paperwork for my Spanish passport when I'm back off holiday. Bollocks to this clown show. Ill move my business to Spain.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just imagine the reaction from the Daily Mail commentariat lol.

I don't think the EU would dare use a 2nd referendum or GE as a condition for an extension because it would be viewed by Brexiters and the media as the EU directly interfering their country's own affairs, and it would only enforce the perception that the UK needs "take back control" from the big, bad EU. And if a 2nd referendum did happen on those terms, the Leave campaign would use it as fuel to drive more conspiracy theories and anti-EU sentiment amongst the public. I do think the UK's hand needs to be forced on a 2nd referendum, but I don't see the EU doing it at all.

I have no clue how the UK plans to get out of this, and it seems like the only winners in this (highly likely) no deal scenario are a few assholes in parliament and the disaster capitalists who will swoop down like vultures as everything goes to shit.

EU can't tell us what to do, but they can explain they need a clear reason for a long extension, and that the current deal is not a good reason - basically saying 'Ref or GE or GTFO' without actually saying it

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ha, I'm supposed to be flying to Disney Paris at the end of the month. Been thinking that I need to get some currency exchanged sooner rather than later in case there's serious tankage, but I'm also at the edge of my seat waiting to see how things like flights are gonna go too.

I'm flying mid-April so I'm as cautious. Fortunately it is a short trip so don't need a lot of cash. Unfortunately I am going to Poland which is a largely card-free place so need some physical cash otherwise I would use my fee free credit card.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm glad that the UK has finally admitted that there isn't time to get everything done, even if the WA is approved next week. It's been clear as day that that shit couldn't just magically power through in a couple of weeks, but they were pretending other wise until today. Had it miraculously passed on Tuesday, I don't think March 29th would have been the date.

As for those 50p pieces, I'm not going to have a chuckle at them until after the EU have approved any extension.

EU can't tell us what to do, but they can explain they need a clear reason for a long extension, and that the current deal is not a good reason - basically saying 'Ref or GE or GTFO' without actually saying it
Right, but since they don't have to give the UK an extension they can say 'we'll only give you an extension if you X, Y or Z'.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
What a shitshow.

And to think that yesterday felt hopeful.
Honestly, everything this week has gone as I predicted, although I did get nervous for a minute there last night when the tories started whipping people to vote for no deal.

Next week... yeah. Not so easy to predict that one. MV3... logically I have to think it'll fail, but my paranoia is telling me it's going to go through ending chapter one of this process (and it's going to be fun when everyone finally realizes what lays in store should MV3 pass). If it passes, the EU will approve a short extension to get it through and avoid no deal.

If it doesn't... I have no fucking idea what the UK are going to ask for, what the EU are going to ask for in return, and how the UK are going to react that the EU didn't just give them whatever they wanted. It still seems like a very real possibility that no deal happens in fifteen days (even if it's unlikely).

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Here's a fun reminder. The large majority of politicians are the same muppets who voted to crash out in a couple of weeks if a deal hadn't been agreed upon by then. I've said this before but I hold *every* politician that voted for Article 50 before the UK had even figured out what the fuck it wanted from this responsible for this giant mess we're in right now, and the future giant messes we're about to be in.

I knew to ask 'what are they going to do about NI?' before the referendum even happened. Apparently no one even bothered looking into that before they voted for Article 50. I knew the EU weren't going to let the UK pick and choose from the four freedoms, even if the UK thought they would... but apparently no one even planned for the possibility that the EU weren't bluffing.

So many in both parties rushed into this headlong. We shouldn't forget their votes. Whatever your position on Brexit may be, voting for article 50 on March 29th 2017 was clearly the wrong vote. It was obvious at the time, and hindsight has only underlined that.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, 100% right on that.

I hate to say but Corbyn when the Tories are the shit show setting this all off 'Cameron etc', however Corbyn wanted it done immediately which doesn't put him in a good light at all.

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
I do actually wonder if the only solution is GOVXIT

Meaning that people overthrow the government and the current political system. It's obviously not working. It hasn't worked for a long time. This is just the beginning. Every single one of these people should be sitting in Jail.

Kick out the parties, kick out the political laws and start from scratch. Not let people like the Tories to ever be in Power again. Each elected official only to serve the interest of the nation. Perhaps its time to disband the party system all together.

Oct 27, 2017
This is so hard to watch. I was under the impression that the referendum results are not legally binding, though the government did promise to do it. Why wouldn't you just revoke article 50?

Status
Not open for further replies.