• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
So, Farage is launching his Brexit party EU campaign today.

He just called the European project a safety net for people who have never won a seat nationally.

Alanis Morrissette has been contacted for comment.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So, Farage is launching his Brexit party EU campaign today.

He just called the European project a safety net for people who have never won a seat nationally.

Alanis Morrissette has been contacted for comment.
But isn't the European Elections the only reason he was able to win any seat?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
A complaint about a Boris column in the Telegraph led to this beaut of a defence.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Regarding the European elections, you're an EU citizen right but if you live in different countries you hypothetically can choose to vote in your home country or the one you live in, for example a British person living in Germany could vote in Germany EU elections or the UK ones. So called expats and non UK EU citizens in the UK could strategically use their vote for pro EU candidates in the EU for the UK?

Yes, and I think EU residents in the UK have to register to vote in EU elections, the advice from the government really comes across like you lose your vote if you haven't decided region early and that you wont be automatically registered like previously. Advice is here for anyone that wants it - https://www.gov.uk/elections-in-the-uk/european-parliament

UK is the country who adopted the "we take our toys and leave if we don't get what we want" as a national policy.
While France is still playing within the rules of EU. EU is not supposed to be a place where everybody has the same opinion, but the place where countries with different opinions reach a compromise acceptable for all. So UK has no right to be upset that Macron had a different opinion while he ended up accepting a compromise agreed with the rest of EU, especially since UK's request was even worse than Macron's position. This whole blaming game focused on Macron is very stupid and only serves to derail the blame from the real perpetrators: the British government and Parliament.

These aren't mutually exclusive though, the UK's behaviour has been abysmal but its still shitty of Macron to push for the short extension in the way he has as it makes a version of Brexit more likely than if there had been a long extension.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Of course that's just one poll, and was held when UK participation in the elections was still hypothetical, so we'll see.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Led By Donkeys continues to do good work:

Seven times he's failed to get elected to Westminster. But he did get himself a seat in the European Parliament because at the time hardly any of us cared.

This is wrong. He got in because of the European elections, a democratic voting system is used. He should absolutely have a seat considering he does represent a portion of the voting audience. If that audience had a spot in the UK, maybe we wouldn't have gotten here.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never voted for the EU elections. Will do this year. Screw all those idiotic Brexiteers.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Soon they will harness the power of...

Ultra Numpty.
N08m9R.gif

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I think I voted in the last one...although 2014 is a long time ago.

Genuinely no clue how I voted, other than it wasn't UKIP.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how long it will take for the Brexit Party's candidates to say some fucked up racist shit like 3 of ir party already did

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is that JR Mogg's wife?

What can they honestly campaign on, we will attempt fuck shit up and do nothing for you because you idiots voted to give us an MEP salary, suckers, vote Brexit party. How thick are people, Farage has done nothing the last 20 years you fools. They are conning you. Farage is delighted Brexit hasn't happened, all the anti EU parties and wish it never happens, their hate won.....too much.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is that JR Mogg's wife?

What can they honestly campaign on, we will attempt fuck shit up and do nothing for you because you idiots voted to give us an MEP salary, suckers, vote Brexit party. How thick are people, Farage has done nothing the last 20 years you fools. They are conning you. Farage is delighted Brexit hasn't happened, all the anti EU parties and wish it never happens, their hate won.....too much.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow.

There is a lot of money to made, these people are really self serving scum. Is it any wonder they are property tycoons and such, what happens when things go pear shaped, oh cheap property etc. It's a con and people are cheering it on.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I have never even heard the name Annuziata before, that's a new one for me and therefore it's anti-establishment :P

All these big monied people reminds me of when I had a peak on Companies House about Arron Banks and his companies, there's loads of them operating out of the same damn places and they look almost indistinguishable from each other. I can't be the only one who thought that was a bit dodgey but not enough to prove anything.

As for the EU elections, voting for Remainer parties and you bet your ass I will be the first in my polling booth on the 23rd May. :)

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
Annunziata is an extremly Catholic name. Wouldn't be uncommon for nuns in the past to be named Sister Annunziata for example.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Dont underestimate the strength of that Rees-Mogg brand with the Brexiteer gang right now. Also a woman, so bonus progressive points for that regressive party.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I don't know if you're being serious. It's one of the Italian names of the Annunciation, the Christian feast day celebrating the appearance of the Archangel Gabriel to Mary to tell her she'd been chosen to be the mother of the Messiah.

No, I wasn't serious :) "annunciate" is just an archaic form of "enunciate"

Status
Not open for further replies.