• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
trying to decide who I like less in the comments to every political tweet now, #FBPE or Brexit Party spammers. It's a total mess now either way.

Oct 26, 2017
Of course there's an evil sister from the 18th century as well.
That brexit party is splitting votes from UKIP and they're already spatting online. letthemfight.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Jacob Rees-Mogg with his parents and younger sister, 1913.
I9w6uA6_d.jpg

Moosichu

Oct 25, 2017
#FBPE live in a self made bubble of weird centrist ideology and pro-EU sycophancy. I've only seen a few of their tweets, but the ones I have seen rub me up the wrong way.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Of course the BBC leads the news with Farage and his Brexit Party, allowing him to spout his nonsense with no challenge.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I didn't know EU elections exist. It's from 2016 is when I gotten more and more in to politics (although I voted in UK elections prior)

Seems kinda weird to me. In the Netherlands I just get a voting card sent to me - no need for registering to vote or anything. Government should already know if you're eligible to vote and where you live. So it's not really possible to be unaware of elections; at least here.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
So what exactly was Farage's logic in starting a new party, given that the most likely outcome was the Brexit Party and UKIP splitting the same vote?

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
So what exactly was Farage's logic in starting a new party, given that the most likely outcome was the Brexit Party and UKIP splitting the same vote?

Attempt to distance himself from the crazies, not realising that he is one himself. An alarming lack of self-awareness.

Oct 27, 2017
Farage is a vile man, but he's not a moron. He knows that over time UKIP will shift far enough right that they can't even claim to not know how bad it is, or will no longer be able to deflect criticisms on their behaviours and ideologies that they've been able to get away with previously.

By splitting, it allows him to maintain somewhat of a veneer or being more moderate than them and lets him keep getting appearances on BBC / radio etc etc. A more moderate appearance may also help him siphon from both Lab & Con who wouldn't normally go as far as UKIP but feel strongly about Brexit that they fell those two aren't doing enough. Maybe if the Tory party really does split then some votes go that way over time.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems kinda weird to me. In the Netherlands I just get a voting card sent to me - no need for registering to vote or anything. Government should already know if you're eligible to vote and where you live. So it's not really possible to be unaware of elections; at least here.
I do get polling cards, but I'm currently 28, in the past busy worrying about my own life. It wasn't huge news like the UK elections were. I didn't see people going around "what are you voting for?" Why do you think Farage got a seat in the EU?

It's changing this time though.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Things must be really dire for the Conservatives if yougov have them behind in two polls.
Innit, feels like a real shift is occurring as almost everybody is fucking sick of the Tories. God help them if Corbyn repeats the rallying surge of 2017's GE, it'll be landslide territory.

Ah, Carl of Swindon. The hangdog of the alt-right, a pathetic enough specimen that even Neo-Nazis troll him for fun.

Wonder if his use of ethnic slurs on livestreams will make him more or less popular in an election.

Status
Not open for further replies.