• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
yellowhammerf7kod.png

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3. 50% drop in HGV processing. 2-3 day delay
4. Transport delays
5. Energy price increases
6. Medicine and blood supply shortages
7. Food shortages + panic buying
8. Financial services are fucked
9. Data protection will take years to sort out
10. Law enforcement distributed due to data sharing
11. EU citizens are fucked
12. Gibraltar lol
13. Protests
14. Local distribution from border disruption
15. Something so bad they had to redact it
16. Insurance payments delayed
17. Poor people lol
18. Chaos in Ireland
19. Angry fishermen and smuggling
20. Adult social care is fucked

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I think a reasonable approach to the 2nd ref idea, would be to specifically call for a dual referendum and GE at the same time. The argument of "people are sick of voting" falls apart if it is tied in with a GE, something which everyone actually wants once No Deal has been averted.

It also removes the issue of people who desire a certain Brexit outcome, voting against their party desires, because of that. Making it so lab leave voters could vote labour & leave, as opposed to BXP or Con would be the most sensible approach.

That said, it'd probably benefit BXP & Cons more, but I also think it'd give a remain victory.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I think a reasonable approach to the 2nd ref idea, would be to specifically call for a dual referendum and GE at the same time. The argument of "people are sick of voting" falls apart if it is tied in with a GE, something which everyone actually wants once No Deal has been averted.

It also removes the issue of people who desire a certain Brexit outcome, voting against their party desires, because of that. Making it so lab leave voters could vote labour & leave, as opposed to BXP or Con would be the most sensible approach.

That said, it'd probably benefit BXP & Cons more, but I also think it'd give a remain victory.

I can't begin to list the reasons why this is a shocking idea.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to know if Tony Blair and all the others who say no-deal should be on a second referendum think any of this is an acceptable option

imagine giving people the option to inflict this misery on the country just so Johnson can play PM

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'd love to know if Tony Blair and all the others who say no-deal should be on a second referendum think any of this is an acceptable option

imagine giving people the option to inflict this misery on the country just so Johnson can play PM

The only conceivable reason I can see for allowing No Deal on a 2nd ref, would be relying on the majority of Leave voters thinking it'd be ridiculous to go for that. A very stupid gambit, and would probably work better having a "shitty" deal instead so they think it'd BRINO basically

But yeah, 2nd ref can not have No Deal on it at all. Just ridiculous to even countenance such a thing.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No deal will fuck Gibraltar right up, no wonder they've been so quiet on that front of late.

Still, surely all that is worth it for sovereignty, own laws, something something.

Also seems like the immigration controls are actually going to increase immigration numbers.

Anyone who doesn't think brexit is a complete fuck up needs to see a quack.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
The only conceivable reason I can see for allowing No Deal on a 2nd ref, would be relying on the majority of Leave voters thinking it'd be ridiculous to go for that. A very stupid gambit, and would probably work better having a "shitty" deal instead so they think it'd BRINO basically

But yeah, 2nd ref can not have No Deal on it at all. Just ridiculous to even countenance such a thing.

So then what, Remain vs Leave with or without a deal?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
So section 15 of the Yellowhammer document is as follows.

Anyone remember the fuel strikes in 2000? That'll be fun to go through again.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
So then what, Remain vs Leave with or without a deal?

It'd have to be Remain vs whatever Deal is available, whether that's a newly negotiated one, or the old WA. No Deal just can't be allowed to happen. A bad deal will already be bad enough, no Deal at all will be catastrophic.

If Leave voters aren't happy with that, then to be quite frank, we really shouldn't give a damn. If they want people to die to fulfil their ideals they really aren't worth bothering with.

That said, I think most Leave voters, were happy with any deal before it was whipped into a frenzy by the ERG twats who were basically No Deal from the start.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
3. 50% drop in HGV processing. 2-3 day delay
4. Transport delays
5. Energy price increases
6. Medicine and blood supply shortages
7. Food shortages + panic buying
8. Financial services are fucked
9. Data protection will take years to sort out
10. Law enforcement distributed due to data sharing
11. EU citizens are fucked
12. Gibraltar lol
13. Protests
14. Local distribution from border disruption
15. Something so bad they had to redact it
16. Insurance payments delayed
17. Poor people lol
18. Chaos in Ireland
19. Angry fishermen and smuggling
20. Adult social care is fucked
We didn't start the fire.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
It'd have to be Remain vs whatever Deal is available, whether that's a newly negotiated one, or the old WA. No Deal just can't be allowed to happen. A bad deal will already be bad enough, no Deal at all will be catastrophic.

If Leave voters aren't happy with that, then to be quite frank, we really shouldn't give a damn. If they want people to die to fulfil their ideals they really aren't worth bothering with.

That said, I think most Leave voters, were happy with any deal before it was whipped into a frenzy by the ERG twats who were basically No Deal from the start.

Then (and forgive me for sounding stupid), that ref could only take place if Boris gets an extension, which he said he won't do. If Labour gets into power, I see getting a deal, and I really don't know if he'll go for a ref about that deal.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Then (and forgive me for sounding stupid), that ref could only take place if Boris gets an extension, which he said he won't do. If Labour gets into power, I see getting a deal, and I really don't know if he'll go for a ref about that deal.

As Beefy pointed out, Boris is legally bound to request one. There is a bit of uncertainty about what would happen if he refuses to comply, but the general idea is that unless a deal passes before 31st of Oct, we'll have (expected) until the end of Jan to resolve it all.

My thinking is that the EU will actually grant a 6 month ext, but only if that means it can't be denied as it isn't the date on the letter.

I think we just need to get past D-Day and see where we are.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

According to Paul Mason, Johnson, the man who's been calling Corbyn a chicken ad nauseam, might be switching constituencies because he's scared he's going to lose his seat in the upcoming election.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Still behind, but both this and yesterday's ComRes poll showing swings away from the tories and towards Labour. I was a bit worried when Johnson's repeated failures weren't really being reflected in polling, but hopefully things are starting to move now.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't May in contempt of Parliament a couple of times and it amounted to nothing at all?
Contempt of Parliament is just convention, something the Tories have stopped respecting for a while. It has no consequence.

My memory is hazy, but wasn't being found in contempt of parliament what forced May to publish some documents or other about the withdrawal agreement?
EDIT:
Wikipedia said:
On 4 December 2018, the UK Government was found in contempt of Parliament for the first time in history[20] on a motion passed by MPs by 311 to 293 votes.[21][22] The vote was triggered by the government failing to lay before Parliament any legal advice on the proposed withdrawal agreement on the terms of the UK's departure from the European Union, after a humble address for a return was unanimously agreed to by the House of Commons on 13 November. The government then agreed to publish the full legal advice[20] for Brexit that was given to the Prime Minister by the Attorney General during negotiations with the European Union. However, this advice was never published in full.

Oh right, she said she would publish the legal advice after losing, but then didn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.