• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
A thread but basically the info from today is apparently outdated or with some omissions, especially around Gibraltar

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
A thread but basically the info from today is apparently outdated or with some omissions, especially around Gibraltar

"Govt seems to concede the EU isn't going to be nearly as badly effected as us. Talks of "small number of cases" where the EU will be negatively affected as us (in those areas, docs say, they might want to strike side deals) "

No shit.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
If you remember Farage went onto TV and said it looked like Leave had lost early into the evening, which caused a big spike in the markets. It later turned out he knew this was a lie - he had access to private polling which showed they were ahead. He literally manipulated the stock market on live TV to make a quick profit for him and his mates.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Eat the rich, eat them with beans or in a pudding or however you fucking do it but they need eating. Brexit was/is literally just a market shorting scheme by the .01%.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently both Kwasi Kwarteng and Farage's interviews with Andrew Neil were trainwrecks.

Yay!

Kwasi was apparently making up answers whilst spinning 360 degrees, and Farage was upstaged by a pro immigration protester in the background.

Shall watch.

Last edited:

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
So apparently both Kwasi Kwarteng and Farage's interviews with Andrew Neil were trainwrecks.

Yay!

Kwasi was apparently making up answers whilst spinning 360 degrees, and Farage was upstaged by a pro immigration protester in the background.

Shall watch.

Watching now, and Kwasi Kwarteng completely avoiding answering whether Boris could survive if the UKSC found that prorogation was unlawful, and therefore that he lied to the Queen. Then he get's touchy, when he's asked what Boris does if he cannot get a deal, because the law says that Boris must get an extension.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Watching now, and Kwasi Kwarteng completely avoiding answering whether Boris could survive if the UKSC found that prorogation was unlawful, and therefore that he lied to the Queen. Then he get's touchy, when he's asked what Boris does if he cannot get a deal, because the law says that Boris must get an extension.

Bahaha, thought it'd be something along those lines.

Shall try and watch Peston too, although not sure if I can have two doses of garage in one night.

Fake edit: Completely leaving that autocorrect in place

Real edit: Kwasi did not come across very well there...almost as though no-one in charge has any idea what the heck is going on. Bit of a brutal interview.

lmao at "Is that the no deal plus?" in reference to saving a few quid on a bottle of wine

Last edited:

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That David Cameron tweet is like The Game at this point. Will be one of the things still relevant in 5 billion years when the earth gets destroyed

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Farage really loses his way, when Andrew Neil questions him on his statement "smells like judicial interference". Farage started "erm"-ing and "uh"-ing like Boris.

What was interesting was when he was asked if he would target Labour seats at a GE, or end up splitting the Tory vote. Farage basically said that the Tories would need to come to some kind of accommodation with him, or the Tories would end up splitting the vote.

Last edited:

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
Ml23uVQ.png
Ty for the new profile pic

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Farage really loses his way, when Andrew Neil questions him on his statement "smells like judicial interference". Farage started "erm"-ing and "uh"-ing like Boris.

What was interesting was when he was asked if he would target Labour seats at a GE, or end up splitting the Tory vote. Farage basically said that the Tories would need to come to some kind of accommodation with him, or the Tories would end up splitting the vote.

Yeah, the narrative he was trying to spin seemed to slip a bit.

But yeah, that was a rather entertaining 30 mins tbh. Two people who I don't hold in high regard, failing to showcase themselves in a decent way.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Hearing more stories about how the US Democrats somehow keep taking the Republicans at their word - and getting completely and utterly screwed for it - has made me really appreciate how quickly Labour and the rest of the opposition parties here adapted to the Tories' fuckery and stopped trying to play by the old rules.

Imagine if they'd just taken Boris at his word that he wouldn't use an early election to force through No Deal, or not insisted on getting the extension request enshrined in law.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Hearing more stories about how the US Democrats somehow keep taking the Republicans at their word - and getting completely and utterly screwed for it - has made me really appreciate how quickly Labour and the rest of the opposition parties here adapted to the Tories' fuckery and stopped trying to play by the old rules.

Imagine if they'd just taken Boris at his word that he wouldn't use an early election to force through No Deal, or not insisted on getting the extension request enshrined in law.

The fact that some Conservatives have actually had the decency to stand up against the shit their party is trying to pull in real and meaningful ways, even at the cost of their own careers, is also a distinction between US and UK politics that makes me feel somewhat relieved to be on this side of the pond...

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
LIstening to Today on Radio 4, amazing how the BBC news bulletins continually parrot the easily disproved lie that the Yellowhammer papers are reasonable worst case scenarios with absolutely no equivocation.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Do we even know for sure what kind of scenario are for?

I'm still more or less surprised by how little hard data there is. Surely enough the government must have detailed figures and projections for all critical industries. The refineries bit was the only one that seemed more or less precise and it was redacted.

Edit: This was published yesterday. Just before YellowHammer was produced.

Here's why Gibraltar is a shining example for Brexit Britain, says ANN WIDDECOMBE

This is a real column somebody got paid in the coin of the land to write.

I wish I could have this grift.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine a foreign government having such disdain for its people that it pursues ideology that literally leads to deaths, imagine what people would be saying about them.
That's the conservative ideology in a nutshell, it's always been, "well, I'm not in that situation, so if I can do it, so can they"

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
"The European parliament is to criticise the British government's treatment of EU citizens living in the UK and insist it will refuse to ratify a deal that fails to include an Irish backstop or provisions that tie the UK into EU standards after Brexit.

A leaked copy of a resolution of the parliament due to be voted on next week lays out a series of concerns about the conduct of Boris Johnson's government. The parliament has a veto on any deal agreed
."

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
LIstening to Today on Radio 4, amazing how the BBC news bulletins continually parrot the easily disproved lie that the Yellowhammer papers are reasonable worst case scenarios with absolutely no equivocation.

I can't be the only one that finds the term "reasonable worst case" a complete oxymoron aside from it clearly being something they've just replaced the words "base scenario" with.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
I can only imagine that any yet to be revealed "worse than predicted scenario" means roving gangs of cannibals terrorising the countryside.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't be the only one that finds the term "reasonable worst case" a complete oxymoron aside from it clearly being something they've just replaced the words "base scenario" with.
The rhetoric this morning was....

"Well, it's is the worse case scenario without any government mitigation"

Which we all know is complete bullshit.

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow

I was listening to Radio 2 (I think) this morning and was quite surprised when they mentioned that the previous leaked document had them labelled as the "base case".

nelsonqos

Jul 8, 2019
One of my favourite things at the moment is comparing the Scottish and English daily newspaper headlines. For example, the Scottish Daily Mail headline today is 'Fury as Court decides Boris misled Queen'. In England and Wales, the Daily Mail headline does not refer to yesterday's events.

The BBC publishes an overview of the Scottish and British newspaper headlines every day. Here are todays:

Scotland: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49672111
Rest of UK: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-49670459

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Tory Party: This is the reasonable worst case scenario until we do something to make it even worse."

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'm sure we have all of subs just sitting off the coast to ensure no dirty foreigners steal our fish.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
"That is why we are doing things about it. That is why the chancellor opened his cheque book, that's why we are spending the money on doing lots of things to mitigate those assumptions.

Every day, we plan everything from whether we need to find alternative suppliers, whether we need to go out to the private sector to charter things, whether we need to plan using our Army or our police forces in certain scenarios..
. "

Ben Wallace Defense Secretary on Operation Yellowhammer amounting to planning assumptions.
(emphasis mine)

(time stamp 10:23)

Things starting to make sense...

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
You just know some people are going to make criminal amounts of money with opportunities that wouldn't be available to them without a crisis.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to see that rather than go for the usual Enemy of the People rhetoric on the front pages of the brexit supporting newspapers regarding the Scottish ruling, they've decided to completely ignore it. I imagine it's because they see it as hugely damaging no matter how much it's spun.

Status
Not open for further replies.